• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Thunder storms all around us right now. If the Doppler radar is right a big one will sit on us in about an hour. They have been happening kind of regular. It pushed 90 today. Supposed to only get to 70 tomorrow.

We never got the thunder storm last night. But a pretty good light show that went on for hours over towards Baker City and that direction.

It was 80 here yesterday. That's pretty warm for us for May. We are to get showers and thunderstorms for a week starting on Wednesday. Our well is contaminated so we can't water anything except what we water out of the creek. We have been waiting on a well driller for 3 months. We have been hauling water all this time, paid for by the gas company who has a gas pipeline through us. We are hoping they will pay for the new well. The well drillers are working their way to us so they are getting closer. No guarantees when they will get here. We are waiting anxiously.

Weather here has been crazier than I have ever seen it. 71 one day and 101 the next. I think it is probably about normal today for this time of year.

I haven't been around much due to worsening heath issues. Some days are better than most, but the show goes on. Each day I wake up is a blessing. Possibly serious surgery in the near future, but playing the waiting game. The thing is the surgery wouldn't fix the brain issues that could result in a serious stroke at any time. If I don't post in say a year, then assume I have gone on to meet my maker and I am in good hands.

I still get up early and greet the dawn. I still do my rural walk and no snakes yet, but one red wing blackbird attack walking along the irrigation ditch.

The first crop of alfalfa was about on time despite the cool spring. It was about average and not too bad after taking two rains. Probably a grade down. All the cattle look content with the grass holding up well.

Hope you all are well. Best wishes for a great grazing season, fat calves and premium prices.

We are sitting pretty good for moisture. We left yesterday for Rapid City for some sprayer parts (I know, Billings is closer, but we know right where to go in Rapid City) and I needed to do some shopping, plus I have wanted to go to Deadwood for 3 years. Big hailstorm came through Spearfish area last evening. When we got home we had .9 in the rain gauge. The country from here to Rapid City looks fabulous. So good to see it that way. Even the Powder River country looks super. Water standing in places. makes your heart feel good.

Weather here has been crazier than I have ever seen it. 71 one day and 101 the next. I think it is probably about normal today for this time of year.

I haven't been around much due to worsening heath issues. Some days are better than most, but the show goes on. Each day I wake up is a blessing. Possibly serious surgery in the near future, but playing the waiting game. The thing is the surgery wouldn't fix the brain issues that could result in a serious stroke at any time. If I don't post in say a year, then assume I have gone on to meet my maker and I am in good hands.

I still get up early and greet the dawn. I still do my rural walk and no snakes yet, but one red wing blackbird attack walking along the irrigation ditch.

The first crop of alfalfa was about on time despite the cool spring. It was about average and not too bad after taking two rains. Probably a grade down. All the cattle look content with the grass holding up well.

Hope you all are well. Best wishes for a great grazing season, fat calves and premium prices.
Sorry to hear you are having health problems, MC. I've been wondering about you. Keep posting here when you can so we know you are up and around. Prayers for you as well.

A big thunder storm rolled by us to the west and north. Lots of thunder and lightning. The wind blew pretty good. We only had a one inch rain. That is where the drops are one inch apart. The direction the storm was from us maybe Nicky got some moisture.
There are suppose to be thunder storms tonight and tomorrow. Just have to be under the right cloud to get the benefit for one.

A big thunder storm rolled by us to the west and north. Lots of thunder and lightning. The wind blew pretty good. We only had a one inch rain. That is where the drops are one inch apart. The direction the storm was from us maybe Nicky got some moisture.
There are suppose to be thunder storms tonight and tomorrow. Just have to be under the right cloud to get the benefit for one.
Nope, unfortunately

Latest posts