• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I am hangin in there, just slightly more damaged as each day passes, but I think that is called old age and the cycle of life.

Even though I have been in Eastern Oregon for 50 years now, the drastic weather changes here never cease to amaze me. 101 with no wind here one day and 71 and a cold north wind the next.

Today predicted to get up to 82. I decided to become a farmer this year and my patio bush tomatoes are now loaded with small green tomatoes. Lots of tomato with garlic on my menu this summer.

Take a dinner roll, slice it open, then brush on olive oil laced heavy with garlic, then a slice of a vine ripened tomato, salted, and then a very thin slice of slow cooked marbled roast beef, and living is good.

We are enjoying watching it rain. .6" so far and more coming in over the mountain.

Attachments

• 20230602_071651.jpg
    20230602_071651.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4
The neighbor had his excavator up the river correcting some flood damage. One of the pins for the bucket fell out. So we were up there fishing with a magnet to find it. We just got it put back together and there was a flash of lightning and a clamp of thunder. It started to rain. The sky opened up with big drops. Hopped on the quad. It is raining so hard I can barely see. Doing 29 mph down the road. Patty the puppy has her head stuffed under my arm. It is 3/4 of a mile to my house. As I turn down the driveway the rain turned to hail. Hail in the face at 20+ mph plus I was running into a strong wind at that point. Flew into the machine shed slamming on the brakes. Patty and I just stayed in the shed for 20-30 minutes waiting for it to die down. Patty's normally perked up ears were laying flat. I was soaked to the skin. But it will make the grass grow.

The neighbor had his excavator up the river correcting some flood damage. One of the pins for the bucket fell out. So we were up there fishing with a magnet to find it. We just got it put back together and there was a flash of lightning and a clamp of thunder. It started to rain. The sky opened up with big drops. Hopped on the quad. It is raining so hard I can barely see. Doing 29 mph down the road. Patty the puppy has her head stuffed under my arm. It is 3/4 of a mile to my house. As I turn down the driveway the rain turned to hail. Hail in the face at 20+ mph plus I was running into a strong wind at that point. Flew into the machine shed slamming on the brakes. Patty and I just stayed in the shed for 20-30 minutes waiting for it to die down. Patty's normally perked up ears were laying flat. I was soaked to the skin. But it will make the grass grow.
I got caught in the second wave of hail and rain that came back in after the first wave devastated the yard. I was out fixing fence that the bulls and horses ran through. I couldn't ride my quad into it any more so pulled over to the side of the lane and sat under my quad. It wasn't much protection. My son came along and didn't see my until he was beside me, Lucky he didn't run me over.

I don't mean to nag, but If I may, let me suggest to you boys out in the hail consider keeping a hardhat handy or wearing a 10 gallon Texas cowboy hat with 4" of rigid foam rubber between your noggin and the crown top. :) Also I recommend a very wide brim 100X beaver because of the water shedding ability. ;)

Any questions why I am still a widow? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well climate change is at work here this morning. First thing it was only 39 degrees. I am sure this is signalling the beginning of a new ice age.

The thermometer out on the deck says 33 at 5:00 this morning. I tell you this is the beginning of a new ice age. Better good buy more thermal underwear before there is a shortage of it. Pretty soon it will be as scarce as toilet paper when all the urban people think there will be a shortage.

Only a handful of days we might go into the low 20's in the Winter time.Usually the lows are right at 30 degrees. And usually we are not as humid as we are right now,so the triple digit heat isn't as bad.This year we have had a lot of Spring rain and it has made the humidity levels linger into the first part of Summer.

Been here too long to leave and I wouldn't know where to go if I did want to get the hell outa Dodge.

People from the south don't understand how we in the north can stand the winters.
We in the north don't understand how you can stand the summer heat.
Yes. The hand full of days down into single digits don't bother me at all. It is in the 20's for several months. No big deal. I hate the hand full of 100 degree days. And the 90 degree days I am in by the AC by 10:00 AM and I don't move.

We got a hair over .5" last night bringing our rainfall since the snow left to 1.9". The outlook isn't good. Trying to buy hay now, it's not easy when there isn't much in the country.

We got a hair over .5" last night bringing our rainfall since the snow left to 1.9". The outlook isn't good. Trying to buy hay now, it's not easy when there isn't much in the country.
I didn't think your country ever got dry. Per says it is dry in his country too. It surprises me.

Latest posts