• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's your favorite steaks?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Filet. Best filet I've had in my life was last month at the Cornhusker Hotel in Lincoln. $35....and worth every penny. The wife grills a mean flatiron, and if we go out, most of the time I order a hamburger steak...no fat, no bone, eat it all, and, generally, pretty hard to screw up, unless you turn it into a charcoal briquet

I absolutely refuse to eat prime rib....at least the way folks around these parts fix it.

Only one I don't like is prime rib.... Gives me a tummy ache........
I'm finding that I can make a better steak than most resturants... So when I go out to eat I have something I can't make at home.... Or don't make.....

The cut we had last night was a flank steak and I must say for being lean, tender and flavorful it certainly did the job. It was adulterated (merinated and spiced) before being cooked though.

Glad to see the chuck mentioned, one of my favorite roasts, a very flavorful cut of meat.

katrina said:
I'm finding that I can make a better steak than most resturants....

I am with you there, more often then not a restaurant steak or meal for that matter, is disappointing, the easy clean up is usually the best part. :)

Northern Rancher said:
Usually the one that's on my plate-I usually order a New York Strip in a restaurant though.

I am surprised that a Champion carnivore such as yourself could even bring himself to express a preference.

I have never seen anyone eat more meat in one sitting then NR! At least 4 plus lbs, and not a sign of slowing down!
:D

as long as there is beef on my plate, and a pretty girl across the table, I am happy....

Ribeye then flatiron. medium rare cooked and lightly seasoned.
Katrina you need to try Primerib that is actually homemade. What is giving you trouble is what is injected into it. We own a bar/steakehouse and the reps are always trying to sell use premade prime ribs and they are bad. Most of them are noroll beef that is injected with a solution contaning MSG and a mixture of spices and herbs.

Preperation is more important than cut in alot of instances. My father in law buys shoulder arm roasts and cuts and grills them pretty tasty. I've seen a good steak ruined by the cook more often than not. But a round steak is'nt my favorite.

Andy said:
Ribeye then flatiron. medium rare cooked and lightly seasoned.
Katrina you need to try Primerib that is actually homemade. What is giving you trouble is what is injected into it. We own a bar/steakehouse and the reps are always trying to sell use premade prime ribs and they are bad. Most of them are noroll beef that is injected with a solution contaning MSG and a mixture of spices and herbs.

I don't know wht it is....... But it just sits and rots in my tummy and makes me sick..... I have no problems with any other meat.... You could be right...

Soooooo how do I find this bar....... to try the prime rib??? LOL.. :twisted: :p

My favorite steak is the flank steak grilled to med rare and sliced thin. But my favorite cut of beef is brisket, smoked and bbqed. Not too popular up here in Canada but I'm sure some of our Southern readers will agree it is mighty tastey even better the second day.

We're going with another couple tomorrow night to the Brazillian Steakhouse in town.

skewers.jpg

http://www.gauchosbraziliansteakhouse.com/MainCourse.html

ANGUS327 said:
My favorite steak is the flank steak grilled to med rare and sliced thin. But my favorite cut of beef is brisket, smoked and bbqed. Not too popular up here in Canada but I'm sure some of our Southern readers will agree it is mighty tastey even better the second day.[/quot\

We fight over the brisket at our house... We had three beefs processed and my mother had the audacity to ask for all the briskets..... I had to put my foot down and tell her she could only have two of the briskets... I was keeping mine..

Dylan Biggs said:
katrina said:
I'm finding that I can make a better steak than most resturants....

I am with you there, more often then not a restaurant steak or meal for that matter, is disappointing, the easy clean up is usually the best part. :)

I agree with both of ya! We have got where we hardly go to a steakhouse as what is in the freezer beats it by a landslide. Plus, eating a great steak at home means there are no annoying people-waiters-loud music to drive me crazy! There is a place over in the big city called Ruby River that makes a great steak and my wife loves their deep fried yams. But that is about a $60 bill for two of us so we don't go too often.

Not that I buy many steaks in the grocery store, but, one cut that is pretty good value and tasty enough for those on a budget....blade steak!

Can you still get them in the US, instead of the flat iron?

We got to a little bar in colome... Homemade salads, good service, the cook usually comes out and visits. That home feeling without having to do the dishes. Pretty quite, except for when the dart teams are there.

Top blade is still available here, actually the Flat Iron is just gaining popularity here, most aren't familiar with it yet. Same goes for Tri-Tip

Latest posts