• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Where is it raining?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Heres what my yard looks like this afternoon...Been raining off and on here since Monday- and we're nearing 2 inches....

And thats after the 2-3 inches we got the week before...
We are nearly 5 inches above normal for the year...

100_0075-1.jpg

I heard down in the SE corner of MT-Powder River country- some areas have over 4 inches...

Friends near Ekalaka have over 4". We have had 3.75 at the ranch
(Fallon Co. Mt.) since Wednesday.

I have an email to post but don't know how. So I'll send it to BRM
for help. It is of the friends place east and north of Ekalaka.
They are stranded. This is a small creek that runs sometimes...and they
cross it going in and out to the county road. So it's usually
fine with a short time each stpring that they can't get across.
Now it looks like a river!

Still waiting on rain...since Dalhart got rain and so did Clayton they say we got rain LOLOLOL wish that was true.....
Just at 1.29 since the first of March.

I just got this message from Venezuela:

Mi bello ya estoy en la casa...me vine a las 3 porq empezo a llover...mucha lluvia.

:D

Whitewing said:

Mi bello ya estoy en la casa...me vine a las 3 porq empezo a llover...mucha lluvia.

For those of you who didn't spend part of your youth in cantinas and mexican whor..whoops! anyhow, for those of you who didn't tour Spain's finest museums and cathedrals as part of your higher education, basically it says 'Honey, i'm in the house, it's started to rain, Lotsa rain...." or something like that.....

Off and on here. Thunder shower as we speak. Still trying to get the seed in the ground.

littlejoe said:
Whitewing said:

For those of you who didn't spend part of your youth in cantinas and mexican whor..whoops! anyhow, for those of you who didn't tour Spain's finest museums and cathedrals as part of your higher education, basically it says 'Honey, i'm in the house, it's started to rain, Lotsa rain...." or something like that.....

Most excellent translation, and yes, museums and cathedrals....yeah, that's the ticket. :D

We've had 1.8 the last 2 days. We're at 10.65" for the year. The normal is 4.7" for this time of year. Our normal yearly total is only 13". Talked to friend in southern Prairie county that has had between 5 and 6" this last round. They have water standing where water has never stood before. I haven't seen this much rain water in my dikes since they were built in 1980. Nobody's complaining too much because the alternative of no rain is worse but we would gladly share with those in need if we could.

Faster horses said:
Friends near Ekalaka have over 4". We have had 3.75 at the ranch
(Fallon Co. Mt.) since Wednesday.

I have an email to post but don't know how. So I'll send it to BRM
for help. It is of the friends place east and north of Ekalaka.
They are stranded. This is a small creek that runs sometimes...and they
cross it going in and out to the county road. So it's usually
fine with a short time each stpring that they can't get across.
Now it looks like a river!

DSCN0196.jpg

DSCN0198.jpg

Been raining here. They had been forecasting it for days.
Had .64" in the rain gauge this morning, haven't looked lately.

Our local weatherman said this is the wetest spring in 149 years but is is not as sloppy as about 3 years ago - - - we are about 25" so far this year.

It has been dry for about 4 days now and we got another 185 acres of corn and 130 acres of beans in the ground.

If it should happen to stay dry we could finish corn tomorrow and are ove 1/2 done on soybeans.

This is the first 4 day strech without rain since about Feb 1st.

Hay is way past prime but we don't have enough guts to cut it yet with rain forcast 7 of the next 8 days.

Two hours east of Rapid City, SD, and a few miles north of I-90 we have had 1.29 over past two an a half days. Still some forecast for next few days, mostly odd showers or T Storms, some could be severe, they say.

We could use more, but not a deluge or too many area dams will wash out. And some still are not filled.

Still pretty cool, though hasn't frozen at night for several days, nearly two weeks, maybe. Into the 60's today.

Grass is growing, our hay is planted, so life is pretty good.

My husbands' knee replacement is even finally going right, though we did make a spur of the moment trip to RC early last week to see if there was a blood clot after doc saw the level of swelling after he walked by the waiting room as we were waiting for Physical Therapy.

mrj

After having two nice days the corrals were dry enough to start getting some calves branded. We got 170 pairs in this morning, split the calves off and put them in the barn, vaccinated the cows and went for lunch.

Went back out at 2, right when it started raining again. :roll: Strung a tarp over the calf table at the end of the barn to keep Debbie and I dry. A friend of ours and his grand daughter pushed calves. We were just shy of 3 hours to brand this bunch, an average of just over a minute per calf.

Got the yearling heifers and a few young drys hauled to Morrison Meadow yesterday evening and turned out, they will get a bale every couple of days unless the grass comes faster than it has been. Have some young pairs to haul down if it will dry up again.

Looks like we aren't alone though, not sure if that's a good thing. :(

I don't know how much it rained there, but I went to an auction in Butte Co SD today where it rained all day. Auction site was right next to the Moreau River which was running big out of its banks.

4wd pickups were having trouble if they parked out on the sod. I stayed on the gravel or just off the edge of the road and it was plenty soft.

The prices were pretty solid, I'd say the rain put people in a bidding mood. Didn't see many bargains.

Raining again here, had about 30 plus inches in April an May. Flood waters starting to go down at least.

Rainfall warning in effect here so hopefully we'll get something out of it tonight. If we do it will be our first rain of the season.

Latest posts