• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

WHERE'S LILLY ???

Help Support Ranchers.net:

katrina said:
Dream on little buddy.......... You just get to scampering and quit complaining.........

Alright,katrina Ima gonna try it at sun down,to hot out there right now,still dont make any sense to me tho,I can see how the rain Gods would smile on a pretty girl and send her some rain........but an ole red neck hick with skinny legs & knobby knees,I dont think so................good luck

Well, I got up early this morning, put on my hat and boots and took off at a dead run for the barn. Got about a hundred yards and started having chest pains and stopped running. Looked up at the sky and the clouds were rolling in. Walked back to the house and it started sprinkling and the wind started blowing. Wife met me and the dogs at the back door and asked what the heck I was doing running around naked outside. Tried to explain it to her but she now believes I must have a lack of oxygen to the brain and it is affecting my reasoning. Even threatened to call the doctor and take away my truck keys. Guess our fields will be dry for awhile longer unless I can get some left over from Lilly's and Haymaker's trys. It all sounded reasonable to me, but wife doesn't buy it.

Casa Paloma said:
Well, I got up early this morning, put on my hat and boots and took off at a dead run for the barn. Got about a hundred yards and started having chest pains and stopped running. Looked up at the sky and the clouds were rolling in. Walked back to the house and it started sprinkling and the wind started blowing. Wife met me and the dogs at the back door and asked what the heck I was doing running around naked outside. Tried to explain it to her but she now believes I must have a lack of oxygen to the brain and it is affecting my reasoning. Even threatened to call the doctor and take away my truck keys. Guess our fields will be dry for awhile longer unless I can get some left over from Lilly's and Haymaker's trys. It all sounded reasonable to me, but wife doesn't buy it.
I was all set to try the "rain run", until I read this. My wife already say's I'm crazy and I don't want her cartin' me off to the loonie bin. Guess I'll just have to wash my pickup and get the neighbors to lay a lot of hay down. :)

Mr Lilly already knows I'm plum nuts.....so he wouldnt thank nothin of it......other than......well....I'd be runnin away from instead of twards him. LOL

Our rain yesterday evenin was 1 3/4 inches. WOOHOO!!!!

I can rake haymaker, then after it's all baled........we can give the rain gods an eye full. :wink: hehe heck with both our knobby knees....they might get two eyes full :p

ECI8.JPG

I was telling elmo how to make it rain last nite at the watering hole,thought maybe I could talk him inta runnin to the barn,he has been known to try anything,when he come up with a good idea,Hell lets go ta Lukenbach,that canadian hussie that was learnin you how ta talk french is over there with some red necks,Rooster just saw her not more'n hour ago,.....aint that right Rooster,.....yup she sure is and she looked ta be about half drunk.......HOT DAMN perfect I said lets go see if she will do us a lil favor......WHOA hold on now boy, elmo said you know you and that canadian hussie aint on the best of terms,after you got on her butt about those french lessons,me and Rooster better go round her up,dont matter whose barn she is runnin round does it ? ..........I guess not I replied,well that settles it com'on Rooster lets go git her,my barn is farther from the house than Hay Makers anyway :wink:
Good luck

Just lost satellite signal, and it's gettin dark dark outside, just started rainin good too. I love it I love it. will probably loose electricity here in a few minutes as well....but that's ok I don't mind...
ECI5.jpg

Looks like we're gettin the eastern edge and haymakers gettin the western edge.......whutcha wanna bet he's sittin out on his porch watchin it rain?

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Looks like we're gettin the eastern edge and haymakers gettin the western edge.......whutcha wanna bet he's sittin out on his porch watchin it rain?

In his birthday suit with just hat and boots and a bottle of Canadian Whiskey!!! :lol: :lol:

I should have made the barn run today- I was about there...I went spraying at 5AM (only time the wind ain't blowing)- stayed out a little too long- wind was up to half of Gale force (about 40 mph) before I quit-- ended up with more spray on me than the weeds, so the wife made me strip on the deck, left the clothes out there and jumped in the shower.....
Now sitting here in my skivvies, drinking coffee, trying to figure out what I can do without getting blowed out of the county doing it.... :roll:

I dont know what happened last nite,cuz elmo and that canadian hussie has disappeared,what I do know is, what ever happened needs to continue,come quite a storm thru here bout daybreak,checked the rain bucket and found an even inch :D ............... good luck

HAY MAKER said:
I dont know what happened last nite,cuz elmo and that canadian hussie has disappeared,what I do know is, what ever happened needs to continue,come quite a storm thru here bout daybreak,checked the rain bucket and found an even inch :D ............... good luck

OK, you've had enough for that dry ol' country. Now, send the rest way up North. :wink:

Hey Jinglebob; I think Miss Lily kinda overshot the way up north bit; (if you look on her weather map across the Medicine line up under the numbers in Sask.) we've been getting your rain!!We keep trying to send it back south but it's milling around like a flock of scared sheep.........keeps comin back!! Maybe if you make your run........and WE DON"T want pictures of that event.......... perhaps you'll coax it back south!!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

cowsense said:
Hey Jinglebob; I think Miss Lily kinda overshot the way up north bit; (if you look on her weather map across the Medicine line up under the numbers in Sask.) we've been getting your rain!!We keep trying to send it back south but it's milling around like a flock of scared sheep.........keeps comin back!! Maybe if you make your run........and WE DON"T want pictures of that event.......... perhaps you'll coax it back south!!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

Heck, I'm up for it. Look for it to slip south in a day or two. But maybe I need reminded of the specifics for this run. Hat and boots and nuthin' else , around the barn and back? Day or night? I need specifics here people! I don't want to screw it up and cause a flood on Soapweed or somethin'. :lol:

I aint braggin on a lil ole rain but,gotta nuther 1 1/2 inches early this morning,seems like it hits about tha time the saloons close,hhhhmmmmm :???: ..........good luck

We gotta nother good thunder storm thru here about 3 am this mornin, aint checked the guage yet tho. Got 1 3/4 inches evenin before last, 1 inch yesterday, and I'll haffa make a trip to the gate to find out how much last night. Woooooo We got MUD!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear it is raining around the western part of the country. We have had some nice rains in the past couple weeks, which has sure turned things around and put some pretty green color back into the pastures. Starting on Wednesday, June 7th, we got four different rains four nights in a row, and they totaled up to 1.55 inches. Then this past Wednesday, June 14th, a quarter inch fell, and the next day a half inch arrived. That makes the total 2.3 inches out of six rains. It is all helping immensely.

This morning a big black cloud went around to the north. Somebody not too far away got some good moisture.

Checked the guage while ago, and it had another 1 2/10 inches. So all total in the last three days we've got just under 4 inches.....Sure did come at a good time. course anytimes a good time for rain when ya need it.

Latest posts