• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

WHO DO YOU BELIEVE R-CALF,OR THE NCBA

Help Support Ranchers.net:

WHO REALLY REPRESENTS THE CATTLE MAN

• R-CALF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NCBA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
Who do you believe really supports the Cattle man,the ncba or R-CALF,keep in mind at best R-CALF with your help will provide fairness in the markets,at worst they keep the usda/ncba fair ?

well, I see a packer employee already snuck in here voted for the ncba :D :D :D some folks are just hard headed...........good luck

PS Time for me ta saddle up,see whats going on in town catch up on my socializing...........later :wink:

How are you going to account for the Canadians who will vote against R-CALF no matter what the topic?

Sandhusker said:
How are you going to account for the Canadians who will vote against R-CALF no matter what the topic?

I have a factor I use I call it the packer factor,it goes something like this I count the positive R calf side as credible,and the packer side as negative.
Every positive vote counts as one & every 5 negative votes count as one :D :D :D ..................good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Sandhusker said:

I have a factor I use I call it the packer factor,it goes something like this I count the positive R calf side as credible,and the packer side as negative.
Every positive vote counts as one & every 5 negative votes count as one :D :D :D ..................good luck
Sounds like the creative accounting I have heard R-Calf uses when counting memberships. :roll:

Bill said:
HAY MAKER said:
Sandhusker said:

Sounds like the creative accounting I have heard R-Calf uses when counting memberships. :roll:

Bill: Ya stole the words right outta my mouth! :roll: :lol: :nod:

Since both organizations claim to represent the cattlemen, a better question would have been, who represents the progressive producers in this industry and who represents the blaming segment of this industry. I can tell you that the differences are immense.

~SH~

I think a good clue can be found in the number of R-CALF members that USED to be NCBA members and vice-versa.

Can any supporters give me information about R~Calf? I have looked at thier website. There was really no information and there were no links. I am standing on the outside and I am trying to decide.

SH...who represents the progressive producers in this industry and who represents the blaming segment of this industry. I can tell you that the differences are immense.

Scott that is just a matter of opinion. Can you say that Leo McDonnell is not a progressive cattleman?

Jason said:
Leo used to get Canadian buyers to Midland.

He has regressed to not getting Canadian buyers there.

Jason I hate to be the one to say this but,some folks would'nt call that regression..................good luck.

MsSage said:
Can any supporters give me information about R~Calf? I have looked at thier website. There was really no information and there were no links. I am standing on the outside and I am trying to decide.

Do you realize you're inviting a tirade from SH? Kind of like playing with a ouija board - you might be biting off more than you want to chew! :lol:

Basically, R-CALF realizes that what the packers want in the industry is not always beneficial to US producers, and sometimes even detrimental. They recognize the power packers have in government and seek to balance it out with producer's power.

Many of us are disillusioned with the NCBA as we feel they do not represent US producers, but rather have morphed into a rubber stamp for the interests of the "big boys". That is my opinion and you should take it as such. There's good people in both outfits. However, the very existance of R-CALF is proof a lot of folks don't think NCBA is cutting it for them.

HAY MAKER said:
Jason said:

Jason I hate to be the one to say this but,some folks would'nt call that regression..................good luck.
MsSage, here is the answer to your question right here.

While NCBA supporters encourage trade, typical R-Calf supporters such as Haymaker don't can't even see benefit in sales of breeding stock to another country. :roll:

Bill said:
HAY MAKER said:
Jason said:

MsSage, here is the answer to your question right here.

While NCBA supporters encourage trade, typical R-Calf supporters such as Haymaker don't can't even see benefit in sales of breeding stock to another country. :roll:

That's not fair or true Bill I do support fair trade,but not at the risk of compounding the BSE problem,you know as well as I "OTM" cattle are a risk,and all "OTM" cattle need to stay in place untill BSE is completely understood...........good luck

Do you realize you're inviting a tirade from SH? Kind of like playing with a ouija board - you might be biting off more than you want to chew!
LOL hmmm well when I had my jaw surgery then hubby said I was getting water cooling put in so I can talk more :wink:

Many of us are disillusioned with the NCBA as we feel they do not represent US producers
Why ? How? What does R~Calf do better ?
I am NOT trying to start a fight but with the lines so clearly drawn I am trying to understand.

MsSage said:

MsSage I'm NOT a supporter of R-CALF in any stretch of the imagination but if you really want to know what R-CALF is all about look at some of the things they have said and done.
Within a week of finding the first case of BSE in Canada they wrote their congressmen demanding we be quarantined claiming all beef from here was tainted and unfit for human consumption. They later took out a Washington Post ad claiming to have the World Highest Standards and the World Safest Beef. They wrote this in their comments to the USDA on the final rule
Under no circumstances should the United States accept any cattle, beef or beef products, from countries that do not maintain identical or more stringent safeguard measures that is presently required or presently proposed in the United States which measures have been enforced for at least as long as the United States.
When the USDA took all comments into consideration and decided the best thing to do was to do as the OIE recommended and implement import/export rules reflected the Science which in turn made trade resume with countries known to have BSE (CANADA). R-CALF took the USDA to court spouting All beef coming from a country affect with BSE is Tainted and in Judge Cebulls own words "Presented a GENUINE RISK OF DEATH." And one of the arguments R-CALF tried to use to stop live cattle and beef imports was the US have loopholes in your feed bans that would allow imported cattle and beef to contaminate the US herd. And if the US was to resume imports of live cattle and beef from Canada, the US cattle industry deserved to have the same firewalls in place as Canada has to stop the spread of BSE.
Now let us look at what R-CALF did after BSE was found in Texas. Did they ask for a quarantine of the US or at least Texas? NO Did they claim all beef coming from a country affect with BSE is tainted so don't eat US or again at least Texas beef? NO. Leo's plan was to tell the US consumers this ,
don't worry we have had these firewalls in place for years, the only country prior to having a case of BSE to have these firewalls in place for so many years. And we did it to make sure if a case was ever found it was a non-issue.
Now MsSage these are the same firewalls that R-CALF claimed wouldn't protect the US consumer and Herd from the spread of imported BSE but now they are the firewalls that made US native BSE a NON ISSUE. If R-CALF won't allow Canadian cattle into the US until the US industry has the same firewalls as Canada has had for Years then who had the higher standards and more stringent firewalls? CANADA. As far as the Safest Beef in the World, what makes the US beef the Safest if according to R-CALF all beef coming from a country affect with BSE is tainted and you have weaker firewalls than Canada has AND THE US HAS BSE? Is you head swimming yet from all the flip flopping R-CALF has done? Let me add this, R-CALF's Trade Committee Chairman was quoted saying this
"If there is a positive case again in the U.S., we as a beef producing nation shouldn't market beef in cattle older that 20 months".
Have you ever heard R-CALF stand up in front of the media demanding this since BSE was found in Texas? NO because the over 20 month beef sales accounts for a very large share of the US producers income including R-CALF supporters income. R-CALF claimed it was a lack of Canadian imports that was causing the historically high cattle prices in the US but when Beef was allowed in the prices continued to climb. R-CALF claimed that when the border openned to live cattle the FLOOD of Canadian cattle poised at the border would destroy US cattle prices, but when the Live Cattle imports resumed there was NO FLOOD, (just like the Canadian producers said there wouldn't be) and cattle prices continues strong. R-CALF admitted they USED the "Consumer Groups" to get their word heard by a larger audience to stop imports from Canada. They admit they took the USDA to court as that was the only way they could get anyone to listen to them. Even if it meant holding up the US Beef export markets the USDA was trying to get reestablished. R-CALF is like a bunch of little boys just wanting attention. If one story doesn't get the results they want they are not beyond making the story a bit more sensationalized to get peoples attention. They have used out and out lies and word games to damage consumer confidence in a product (Canadian Beef) that is raised under higher standards than the US beef is. With the leadership that R-CALF has and the support of blind followers like Sandhusker, Oldtimer and Haymaker, God help us all :roll: . If you want to know how blind the support is ask Sandhusker how the firewall that Leo says were put in place so many years ago will protect the consumer from US BSE but not imported? The US producers are just lucky the public didn't listen to their rantings and kept eating beef.You may wonder Why R-CALF and the their supporters would do this, well because they are CATTLEBOYS AND THEY HATE THE BEEF INDUSTRY(PACKERS) TO THE POINT OF DESTROYING THEM EVEN IF IT MEANS TAKING THEMSELVES AND EVERYONE ELSE DOWN IN THE PROCESS. :roll: :roll: :roll: :mad: [/b]

That's the nicest thing you ever said to me Miss Tam,thank you for the words of wisdom but I believe you accidently overlooked somethings ?
I know you would'nt omitt the difference in "BSE" cases on purpose,also heard a rumor about another cases of BSE in Canada ?have you heard wheter it was pre or post feed ban ?..............good luck

MsSage said:
Do you realize you're inviting a tirade from SH? Kind of like playing with a ouija board - you might be biting off more than you want to chew!
LOL hmmm well when I had my jaw surgery then hubby said I was getting water cooling put in so I can talk more :wink:

Many of us are disillusioned with the NCBA as we feel they do not represent US producers
Why ? How? What does R~Calf do better ?
I am NOT trying to start a fight but with the lines so clearly drawn I am trying to understand.

There are a number of issues on the board that pit producer against packer. NCBA seems to always be on the side of the packer, while claiming to represent the producer. M-ID, COOL, BSE testing, trade policy, you name it.

Latest posts