• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Who is responsible for the border staying closed?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

:roll: Murgen you big meany. Take a pill and stop that spinning around and around like some kind of Bugs Bunny cartoon character :roll:

Agman, "You may not be aware but the ninth circuit court of appeals has allowed the NAM ( National Meat Association) intervener status in an emergency hearing Friday. This was granted Friday evening. The circuit court evidently didn't agree with the judges opinion that "no harm would be caused if the status quo was maintained." The judge himself was remiss in following the law; that is another subject though. Does it not concern you that the circuit court of appeals acted that quickly on this issue? The USDA will ultimately prevail in a full trial when fact will come face-to-face with R-Calf's fiction. "

It concerns me less than when a judge throws out a jury verdict. I guess we'll find out.

Agman, "Regarding your continuous and ill advised position of testing all cattle, this positioin has no scientific merit. In sum, since you apparently don't yet understand that current testing methods are unable to detect the presence of the BSE prion in animals under 20 months of age why would any rationale person want to test all animals? How many high risk BSE countries test all cattle? Have a great day. agman"

Let me clarify my position; Test everything of age but also allow BSE testing on young animals if the consumer wants to pay for it.

Kaiser, don't you start picking on one of our star R-calf busters!! Murgan, that was a slammer! Good job! That poor R-calfer didn't stand a chance, like many of them will also eventually! Hope you all have a good day!

:) Hi there Hat, nice to meet you. What's your story? Do you own a bunch of cattle? Are you in the cattle business for the long run? How old are you?
Do you have any concerns for your own farm if the Rcalf suggestion of BSE being a Canadian problem suddenly becomes America's problem?

Nice to see a few new open minded folks like yourself coming on board.

Cheerio
Randy Kaiser

Check out my website if you want to know anything more about me.

Murgan,

You made yourself look like a real man running off an 11 year old kid who has more foresight than anyone else I know. My son takes in everything with an open mind, and you sir do not. Next time listen to what other people have to say. Knowledge never enters through an open mouth.

"You made yourself look like a real man running off an 11 year old kid who has more foresight than anyone else I know. My son takes in everything with an open mind, and you sir do not. Next time listen to what other people have to say. Knowledge never enters through an open mouth."

Don't worry too much about these few thugs on here who couldn't bring anything positive to this website if someone made them a bet.

Don't let your boy get down in the mouth.

Back to a "RELEVANT" topic.

The only way to control BSE is to enforce the packers and meat processors to keep spinal cords, and brains and other "fillers" out of ground beef, and other "beef products". We will need to open the Canadian border at some point because the packers will suffer, not very much, but just enough to whine and complain and that will give them a reason to hold out on the feeders. When the Canadian border re-opens, the packers will once again hold out on our US feeders and cause them to lower their bids at the auction yards, it is inevitable. We just need time to heal, and one and a half years of good prices isn't enough.

:)Thank heaven for little angel like reader(the second).

Mr. Hat said "Anyone who raises galloways for a living would have to be damn open minded. Why aren't you open minded to the reasons US ranchers have for supporting R-Calf?"

I would reply that anyone that would make that statement must either espect my open mindedness or has never seen a herd of well fed, well bred Black Galloway cattle.

As far as being open minded about Rcalf, I am a proud founding memeber of a Canadain Grassroots producer group called Beef Initiative Group Canada

http://www.beef-initiative-group.com/

I beleive the producers of both of our countries deserve a strong voice, however the whole concept or Ranchers Cattlemans Action Legal Fund is about finding fault rather than finding solution.

Why not take a proactive approach and build some plants yourselves rather than blaming everyone else for your woes.

The ultimate example of this is the dangerous stand Rcalf has taken bringing consumers into an issue that very few people in our industry know anything about. Following the fear mongeur lead of folks like reader (the second) and her "hell bent on infectious theory", is only digging you all a larger whole. Spend the money spent on legal bills propping up a temporarily increased market on reseach and finding a proven cause of BSE. We all now follow a theory which has been destructive to the Canadain industry and will be even more destructive to the American, with the path Rcalf has taken.

I honestly hope that all of you can continue to live the life that all of us have chosen and love. Emotions aside, this is not about Canadian vs. American Ranchers, but Rcalf leadership has made it out that way.

:wink: Why do you keep reading my posts and in fact posting your BS on here Reader(the second)?

Do you want to make sure the Rcalf boys stay on track and aren't distracted by someone else who speaks the truth.

Your truth is your truth reader, but it certainly is not thee truth.

Quote as many papers and people as you like, and rally the Rcalf troops. Your infectious BS will be the downfall of all ranchers, and your pride will keep you coming back to blast me and my truth.

Keep the SRM's out. Test for BSE if it will help. But feed the infectious theory of BSE to someone else.

Word a question for a poll reader(the second). You seem to like numbers and support from the masses. Make sure you word it properly however so as not to leave room for anything but your truth.

You may live a more proper life than me, but I like to call women sweetie, and in my world that is respect.

frasercattleco said:
Murgan,

You made yourself look like a real man running off an 11 year old kid who has more foresight than anyone else I know. My son takes in everything with an open mind, and you sir do not. Next time listen to what other people have to say. Knowledge never enters through an open mouth.

Fraser,

Your son has been on this webisite for the last couple of nights and I've seen his posts. At first he seemed like an unbiast person just looking for information. Then he got real snippy with a few people that have a broad knowledge of these issues and shouldn't be questioned. You have no right coming on this site shooting your mouth off about people you dont know. If I may say myself I think you must have rubbed off on him. His opinion about these issues are very influenced by the thick cloud of bullcrap that you have more than likely pumped into his head.

I bet he already had his mind made up before he logged onto this site. Why would someone ask for other peoples opinion when they wont even take them into consideration? He already had his mind made up and his opinion can not be swayed.

I dont appreciate you trying to put down Murgen and I surely dont appreciate your 11 year old son putting down Manitoba_Rancher and the other regular people on this site.

Get a clue, Keep your 11 year old kid off of this site if you're going to get angry about the post! If he wants to spout off his mouth make sure you take him to school and drop him off at his show and tell class.

US Gal~

reader (the Second) said:
Frasercattleco - Unfortunately these guys are reacting to their pain with anger and lashing out at anyone in sight who disagrees with them. It's funny but pain and loss should teach one tolerance and gratitude for what we do have. They owe your son an apology and it should be a lesson to them as to how angry and mean-spirited they have become.

Reader,

No one deserves an apology here! All of us are adults with the exception of this kid. He shouldn't have been on this site in the first place. As I said before his mind was already made up.

Lets not forget how most of the R-calfers and Americans got when the border was supposed to re-open prior to the injunction. Every last one of you had bad attitude. If Fraser/SouthDevon was so upset about those on this site voicing there opinion, why did he let his son log on?

Every one is intitled to there own opinion. I dont agree with thos people who base there opinion or actions to fill there pockets or because it benefits them. That's the easy way, but what happens when there is a BSE positive animal found in the US? Can't always blame it on the foreign countries. Gonna have to face the truth here someday.....when you do, you'll realize that the "Hard" route like the Canadian Ranchers have had to live thru, isn't so peachy.

Like I've said before.........it's not if they will find one, it's when!

Us Gal

Before we get too judgemental about what's posted here, we better go back and look at the "Bull Session Forum Index" for a description of what gets posted and where. What do you think "no holds barred" means? I never thought of that as being the type of acton that would leave everyone feeling really good. Sure,some of us get cared away at times and I do too.

But I think that most of us could sit down with the other guy (or GAL) and have a coffee or a cold one. I said "most"....

Hat said:
USgal-In-Manitoba said:
frasercattleco said:
Murgan,

Fraser,

Your son has been on this webisite for the last couple of nights and I've seen his posts. At first he seemed like an unbiast person just looking for information. Then he got real snippy with a few people that have a broad knowledge of these issues and shouldn't be questioned. You have no right coming on this site shooting your mouth off about people you dont know. If I may say myself I think you must have rubbed off on him. His opinion about these issues are very influenced by the thick cloud of bullcrap that you have more than likely pumped into his head.

I bet he already had his mind made up before he logged onto this site. Why would someone ask for other peoples opinion when they wont even take them into consideration? He already had his mind made up and his opinion can not be swayed.

I dont appreciate you trying to put down Murgen and I surely dont appreciate your 11 year old son putting down Manitoba_Rancher and the other regular people on this site.

Get a clue, Keep your 11 year old kid off of this site if you're going to get angry about the post! If he wants to spout off his mouth make sure you take him to school and drop him off at his show and tell class.

US Gal~

MR puts down more people and spouts more BS than anyone. KEEP beating your Canadian Cry Baby Drum. Give em hell Frasers.

Seems like you're the one with the Marching Band. All you've been doing is crying about the 11 year old and respect.

Hat said:
USgal-In-Manitoba said:
Frasercattleco - Unfortunately these guys are reacting to their pain with anger and lashing out at anyone in sight who disagrees with them. It's funny but pain and loss should teach one tolerance and gratitude for what we do have. They owe your son an apology and it should be a lesson to them as to how angry and mean-spirited they have become.

Reader,

No one deserves an apology here! All of us are adults with the exception of this kid. He shouldn't have been on this site in the first place. As I said before his mind was already made up.

Lets not forget how most of the R-calfers and Americans got when the border was supposed to re-open prior to the injunction. Every last one of you had bad attitude. If Fraser/SouthDevon was so upset about those on this site voicing there opinion, why did he let his son log on?

Every one is intitled to there own opinion. I dont agree with thos people who base there opinion or actions to fill there pockets or because it benefits them. That's the easy way, but what happens when there is a BSE positive animal found in the US? Can't always blame it on the foreign countries. Gonna have to face the truth here someday.....when you do, you'll realize that the "Hard" route like the Canadian Ranchers have had to live thru, isn't so peachy.

Like I've said before.........it's not if they will find one, it's when!

Us Gal

You know what they say, "Misery loves company".

Ohh I'm far from miserable woman! Please don't make any assumptions. Just because you dont agree with my opinion that makes me wrong, right? Yep, just as I suspected, there is only one lane on your highway.

:) In spite of the fact that you are like that innocent little upity girl from Grade six reader(the second), I too appreciate that somewhere within your focused infectious BSE theory mind, you too would be fun to have a beer with. I like how you call me down for calling names(and you will again for calling you upity) while you make fun of anything that does not agree with your focus with a righteous tone. Just think you could slap my face after I dip your hair in the ink bowl, and then we could go have a beer.

I noticed on another thread that you even feel we can eradicate BSE in North America if we work on survailance etc. etc.

Now you are getting carried away. Whether you believe your infectious theory or the theroy of metal contamination, we will never have NO BSE in North America.

USgal-In-Manitoba said:
frasercattleco said:
Murgan,

Fraser,

US Gal~

US Gal - there is NO difference between regular posters and new posters. They are both allowed to post their opinions and to engage in heated arguments. And there's plenty of mouth spouting going on here. Pot calling the kettle black. I cannot imagine why you would come out here shooting like this. Your post was rude and uncalled for in my opinion. I see no difference between how the "new" posters and the old posters expressed themselves and I see no reason for you to talk so crassly.

Reader - SouthDevon asked for this. If you read back he wanted to hear everything and for posters not to hold back. This doesn't sound like an 11 year old boy, seems like a grown man.

You're right there is no difference between new and old posters. I've just grown to like some more than others. Yes, there is plenty of people shooting there mouths off but that generally tends to trend along with the people that dont share the same opinion.

I was not rude or uncalled for I'm just stating the truth. Read back and you'll see that he asked for it. As I said before, Speak like and adult and get treated like one. If Fraser didn't want the explosive conversation/posts to coninue he should have been monotoring his sons actions a bit better. Is a Parental advisory necessary for this site now? I don't think so! Thought it was for serious beef producers?

Murgan,

Fraser, please go through the posts that your son posted and let me know where I was the one who made him feel bad! My posts were not insulting to him at all. I think it was he that say something about my boot and mouth.

Latest posts