• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Will SH follow through?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Will SH follow through?

• Yes, he has integrity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, he's full of it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well, I can honestly say I've never been called a Hereforder before. Should I take that as an insult? Come on Fraser, I was really starting to think you were all right! Don't disappoint me now!!! :)

I made that one up, Hereford market in Canada must be good, there hasn't been one down here since 78, thats when we dispersed, went to Angus, Black Gold, not oil. I think there was actually a study done on value of black hides by an OSU professor, and his findings equate to something like a .10 or .15 cent profit with a black hide, also with angus there is no sunburnt bags, and no damn BAG BALM. I thought we added at least 10% of sales for that crap through the 70's!

I don't deny black sells better than herefords. I know that from experience when we slipped our mental faculties and bred our heifers black for two years. Those calves sold well, but the bull was just too much to deal with, especially when it's my responsibility of looking after the bulls through the winter. I have to be able to trust our bulls when I'm working around them, the herefords are basically gentle giants. The cows are easy to work with, and we have never had a problem with sunburnt bags.

Murgen said:
Hey Sandhusker, just keep watching the poll and see whether SH has answered your questions or not, let everybody else decide whether he has been credible or not!

Murgen, if he could of backed his comments he would of long ago and would be rubbing my face in it. He hasn't because he can't. 24 people thought he would show integrity and back it. He's proving 24 people wrong.

Sandhusker,

I used your exact quote to prove that you misinterpreted what I said as R-CALF, the organization, officially saying "don't burden me with traceback" instead of R-CALF members and R-CALF representatives opinions on the issue as a collective group.

I repeatedly explained to you that it was R-CALF members and representatives at the "M"COOL listening sessions that repeated this phrase and therefore representative of R-CALF's views on "M"ID which was confirmed by their actions in prohibiting "M"ID from "M"COOL.

You have barked up an empty tree so long that you'll just have to stay there until the tree falls I guess. I'm done with this childish game. I don't share in your desperation. Your immaturity is evident in your need to rally a support group with your poll. As if the R-CULT "head nodders" that frequent this site wouldn't support you simply based on being R-CULTers. It's not like they can think for themselves.

Anyone who wants to see the truth can wade through the hundreds of testimonials during the "M"COOL listening sessions. Your challenge based on misinterpretation speaks to your desperation to try to peg something on me and I take that as complimentary.

If that's all you have, that's pretty sad.

Your whole point here is moot anyway because R-CALF did not support "M"ID and prohibited "M"ID from "M"COOL.

R-CALF wanted "presumption of U.S. origin" or "signed affidavits" to replace "M"ID.

You can't fool anyone that R-CALF took any position to the contrary.

I take this whole challenge as you desperately defending your hypocritical organization knowing that they have painted themselves into a corner on "M"COOL by prohibiting "M"ID. Now "M"COOL sits as a flawed law while "M"ID is moving forward. Shows what a backwards organization R-CULT really is and how you can't accomplish anything based solely on emotion.

That would also explain Leo's "pro and con" position on "M"ID. He too realizes that he has screwed up and now he's trying to get his troops rallied to support "M"ID while acknowledging their concerns.

The obvious........."M"ID PROHIBITED FROM "M"COOL!

and that's all I have to say about that!

~SH~

From Leo's mouth:
------------------------------
He said ranchers should enjoy the economic opportunities afforded them.

"When you're looking at some of the things we're seeing, such as individual animal ID — which I'm not a great fan of, but it's coming," McDonnell said, "you can certainly take the national ID and make it an opportunity."
-------------------------------------
Sounds like he's straddling the fence depending on the regulations involved.

Sandhusker: Are you ever going to prove where R-CALF said "don't burden me with traceback" or are you just going to keep flapping your lips and spewing nonsense? WHEN DID THEY SAY IT, SH? You know how to cut and paste, lets see it."

SH: Why would I need to provide a quote? Want to bet $100 that they didn't say it???? Until you do, I have no incentive to prove you wrong!

Dance man, it's obvious my comment was R-CALF and not R-CALF members, associates, children, pets, etc.... Your reply was direct to my comment. "They" is obviously R-CALF. You're a welcher. I'm glad all can see it.

Sandhusker (to SH previously): "You need to provide a quote because you say you are quoting R-CALF. What do you think it means when you use " "?"

Why didn't you show anyone where I said I was quoting R-CALF????

Hmmmmm????

Dance man, I would expect nothing less from the great "illusionist".

~SH~

WE"RE WAITING SH PUT UP OR SHUT UP................PS you were the one fabricating R CALF statements "PROVE IT"

Shelly said:
I don't deny black sells better than herefords. I know that from experience when we slipped our mental faculties and bred our heifers black for two years. Those calves sold well, but the bull was just too much to deal with, especially when it's my responsibility of looking after the bulls through the winter. I have to be able to trust our bulls when I'm working around them, the herefords are basically gentle giants. The cows are easy to work with, and we have never had a problem with sunburnt bags.

That reminds me of an old joke, the Hereford breeder used a Herford and an Angus bull on 50 cows. He got 47 black calves so he sold the Angus bull.

Our big bulls are gentle as well. Depends upon blood lines and handling.

Sandhusker: "What was the bet, Welcher? What was the bet?"

You mean what was "YOUR BET"?

"YOUR BET" was that R-CALF, the organization, never stated "don't burden me with traceback". Which is really quite stupid if you think about it.

"MY BET" was that R-CALFers, representing R-CALF the organization, stated "Don't burden me with traceback" during "M"COOL listening sessions.

I showed the readers how you changed the words true to your deceptive Bullard like ways. You changed the words to fit a bet that you thought you could win as if that would create the "ILLUSION" that R-CULT actually supported "M"ID which they don't.

Again,

Sandhusker (to SH previously): "You need to provide a quote because you say you are quoting R-CALF. What do you think it means when you use " "?"

Why didn't you show anyone where I said I was quoting R-CALF????

Observe carefully as the Great Sandbeenie, "Master Illusionist", diverts the question a third time being the pathetic, deceptive individual he is.

You made the statement but can't back it.

With Haymaker cheering for you, you should have no trouble backing your claim. LOL!

~SH~

I personally feel like both of you have a point in your argument. Now if you guys will send me a $50 check each we can go on to new issues. Please make my checks out to "CASH"! :wink:

Jason: "That reminds me of an old joke, the Hereford breeder used a Hereford and an Angus bull on 50 cows. He got 47 black calves so he sold the Angus bull."

Good one, Jason. :)

We have a neighbor who has raised Herefords all his life. The last few years he has used Angus bulls on his first-calf Hereford heifers, for calving ease. Those good black baldy calves always weigh 50 pounds more than the straight-bred calves, and the baldies bring a nickel per pound more money. Still they keep all the older cows straight bred. :???:

Soapweed said:
Jason: "That reminds me of an old joke, the Hereford breeder used a Hereford and an Angus bull on 50 cows. He got 47 black calves so he sold the Angus bull."

Good one, Jason. :)

We have a neighbor who has raised Herefords all his life. The last few years he has used Angus bulls on his first-calf Hereford heifers, for calving ease. Those good black baldy calves always weigh 50 pounds more than the straight-bred calves, and the baldies bring a nickel per pound more money. Still they keep all the older cows straight bred. :???:
There is a whole lot more that goes into the formula than you seem to consider.
You need milk to feed the hi-bred vigor and milk is the least cost efficient thing you can produce off grass.You have to always look at the "bottom line"
We used to breed half of our herefod cows to angus and took all calves to grass as yearlings.we finaly found out our bottom line was better if we bred straight hereford.
you can talk all you want about herefords selling for less but I can tell you our herefords top the yearling market every year.

With Haymaker cheering for you, you should have no trouble backing your claim. LOL!

~SH~

IM not cheering sandhusker SH, IM cheering you IM one of the 28 posters that said you had integrity NOW PROVE IT................good luckPS I hope you are not gonna let us down again.

Sorry, Juan. I am sure in your case, that you are right. I've watched my neighbor for years, selling 400 pound Hereford steer calves (the heifers never weigh that much). If his Hereford steers weigh 400# and bring a dollar per pound, that same year his baldy steer calves (out of the less milk producing first calf heifers) will weigh 450# and bring a dollar and five cents per pound.

Now awhile back I bad-mouthed rocket scientists, but in this case it sure doesn't take a "rocket scientist" to figure out the pros and cons of the deal. The Herefords brought $400 per head, and the baldies sold for $472.50 per head. Just by switching bulls, a premium of $72.50 per steer calf could be realized.

About ten years ago, I had saved back about twenty good Angus bull calves. I approached this die-hard Hereford man at the time, and proposed a deal. I told him I'd trade good Angus yearling bulls straight across for his old used up Hereford bulls, as many as he would want to trade. Of course, he wouldn't trade at all, but I guarantee I'd have done him a big favor if he'd made the swap. Baldy cows make whopping good momma cows, and he'd have had a whole pasture full of them in a very short time, not to mention the extra profit that would have been reaped from selling the baldy calves.

Guess everybody marches to a different drummer, and that is what makes the world go around.

A huge ranch in W. Montana ran all Herefords~ 3000 cows, calves, yearlings. They had to dehorn every one of those calves. Had sunburned bags, pinkeye, the whole ball of wax. It was a workhorse deal.

Finally, one year they bought some black bulls. Kept the heifers and it didn't take that outfit long to change completely over. So much less work for all involved. Now it is all black cattle on that ranch.

Breeds of cattle is a personal thing. Personally, I can't understand why the Hereford folks don't crossbreed. But they probably wonder why we don't do the same with our straightbred Angus. I wonder sometimes too~

Soapweed said:
Sorry, Juan. I am sure in your case, that you are right. I've watched my neighbor for years, selling 400 pound Hereford steer calves (the heifers never weigh that much). If his Hereford steers weigh 400# and bring a dollar per pound, that same year his baldy steer calves (out of the less milk producing first calf heifers) will weigh 450# and bring a dollar and five cents per pound.

Now awhile back I bad-mouthed rocket scientists, but in this case it sure doesn't take a "rocket scientist" to figure out the pros and cons of the deal. The Herefords brought $400 per head, and the baldies sold for $472.50 per head. Just by switching bulls, a premium of $72.50 per steer calf could be realized.

About ten years ago, I had saved back about twenty good Angus bull calves. I approached this die-hard Hereford man at the time, and proposed a deal. I told him I'd trade good Angus yearling bulls straight across for his old used up Hereford bulls, as many as he would want to trade. Of course, he wouldn't trade at all, but I guarantee I'd have done him a big favor if he'd made the swap. Baldy cows make whopping good momma cows, and he'd have had a whole pasture full of them in a very short time, not to mention the extra profit that would have been reaped from selling the baldy calves.

Guess everybody marches to a different drummer, and that is what makes the world go around.
Soap. you insinuate I can't do the math"it doesn't take a rocket scientist"well maybe there are a few things you don't think of.I would imagine your neighbor calves his heifers some earlier than the cows ;more labor, more feed,etc.
I have had many a conversation with guys that run crossbred cows,few of them realize that you can't grow those extra pounds with wind and water.It seems the dought aways hits their pastures harder .

Latest posts