• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Word of advice for the guys

Help Support Ranchers.net:

OldDog/NewTricks said:
The Best thing "I" learned Training Animals is

DON'T LOSE YOUR COOL

Well now OD/NT's words have some pretty interesting implications either way in this thread!! :wink: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

burnt said:
OldDog/NewTricks said:
The Best thing "I" learned Training Animals is

DON'T LOSE YOUR COOL

Well now OD/NT's words have some pretty interesting implications either way in this thread!! :wink: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Don't they just!!!!!

We call these sessions "bonding moments". :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mrs.Greg said:
Hollerin & throwin a fit while wife's helping to pull start the Johnny Pop{TOO FAST,TOO SLOW , PULL TO THE RIGHT....I SAID THE LEFT]{insert whatever else you've hollered at her for}ain't gaining you any points for this evening....tomorrow isn't lookin good either...yup you probably "screwed" away your whole week :pretty:

Hope this gives you some all insight....

That'd be bout the same time that I bumped it up in neutral, set the emergency break, and headed for home afoot........I've done it several times. Don't take long for them to figure out that they can't do it alone.

I've done that sorting cows before.....strangely enough, i can work cattle with my brother all day long and he never yells at me! :lol: :lol:

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Mrs.Greg said:
Hollerin & throwin a fit while wife's helping to pull start the Johnny Pop{TOO FAST,TOO SLOW , PULL TO THE RIGHT....I SAID THE LEFT]{insert whatever else you've hollered at her for}ain't gaining you any points for this evening....tomorrow isn't lookin good either...yup you probably "screwed" away your whole week :pretty:

That'd be bout the same time that I bumped it up in neutral, set the emergency break, and headed for home afoot........I've done it several times. Don't take long for them to figure out that they can't do it alone.

aaahhhh, but some of us have figured out how to work alone! :wink:

Faster horses said:
...and some men DESERVE to work alone... :wink: :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amen Sista...Amen............ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then we can come along afterwards and 'fix' things like they should've been done all along, and no one will be the wiser!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

kolanuraven said:
Faster horses said:

Then we can come along afterwards and 'fix' things like they should've been done all along, and no one will be the wiser!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Yep, and then they take the credit on all of "their" work and what a great job "they" did.. :roll: :p :lol: 8)

Mrs.Greg said:
Les said:
well mrs greg I was thinkin that if you did it right the first time and the way you was told to do it there would be no problem... :p :p :p Buthay i might be wrong....
Next time...I'm calling YOU over to help!!!! You guys can holler at each other :wink:

Well after we have a beer or two and dicuss the way to go about the job we will go do it with no problems iffin the ladies stay back outta the way..

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Mrs.Greg said:

Oh, trust me...that's been done,esp,in the corral separating cow calf pairs...and foreman gregs barkin orders.. :roll: :wink:

hillsdown said:
kolanuraven said:
Faster horses said:

Yep, and then they take the credit on all of "their" work and what a great job "they" did.. :roll: :p :lol: 8)

Ohhhh...you got one of them also , huh???

And let me guess....the 'man' just stand there and says, " Thanks"!!!! :roll: :roll:

Yep, been there done that....

Hold down the guy bashing a little. :(
Just consider it a little on the job guidance or training. Anybody thats ever pulled a Johnny Popper would know how to pull one properly. :wink: But inexperienced trainees need a little guidance.

It's very rare for me to do much of the yelling and screaming. Usually I never can never get a word in to defend myself. And alot of the time I don't even know why I am getting yelled at. :???: :wink:

So aword of advice for you gals, calm down a bit and we would all have better nights. :D You get so worked up over nothing. :p

Horseless said:
Hold down the guy bashing a little. :(
Just consider it a little on the job guidance or training. Anybody thats ever pulled a Johnny Popper would know how to pull one properly. :wink: But inexperienced trainees need a little guidance.

It's very rare for me to do much of the yelling and screaming. Usually I never can never get a word in to defend myself. And alot of the time I don't even know why I am getting yelled at. :???: :wink:

So aword of advice for you gals, calm down a bit and we would all have better nights. :D You get so worked up over nothing. :p

Why does "dumping gas on the fire" come to mind? :???: :wink:

Well women claim to not fart and I figure the reason is because they do not keep their mouth shut long enough for any pressure to build up...... :eek: :lol: :wink:

Looks like even in this thread they are the ones yakin the most.... :D :wink:

Mrs. G., face it, most men are just dinks and only know how to yell when things don't go their way. I do not have enough fingers on my hands to count how many times I have said do it yourself and walked away. No amount of pleading and whining will bring me back either. It's more fun just sitting back and watching them try to do it themselves. Makes for some great entertainment!

Shelly, I would love to do that but the ranch is my baby as well as the cattle . Hubby helps me out when I need it (if he is around and with the oilfield right now that has been a lot lately) and if I didn't help him do things they would never get done, so usually I deal with the "mouth" and he pays for it later when the job is done.. :p

I guess I am used to it , I remember sorting and loading heifers one time when we still dairied and our neighbors heard him and his "mouth" 2 miles away.. :shock: The next time we sorted he was a little quieter .. :wink: Our neighbor and good buddy never lets him live it down to this day.. :lol:

This wasn't meant to be a guy bashing thread...just a head up to the Hollerer and bellerers. You get farther with honey then vinegar.... :wink:

The other day Mrs. Horseless, with her over-sensitive nose, said "it smells like cow manure in the house." I responded well we do live on a ranch. I know I won't get any sympathy on here, but she says, "This isn't a ranch, a ranch has horses" OUCH!! That hit below the belt. :( I told her we had a horse trailer, actually two. We got cows, bulls, land, and boots. Still didn't matter. No horses, no ranch.
(She puts alot of miles on driving to work, brings home some bacon, sometimes cleans up after me.) And I really appreciate. :) :)

Then she jabbed me again but this time twisted it, "If this was a real ranch, I wouldn't have to be driving to work. OOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!

I like to joke around with you gals. But with her, I guess the joking was over for the day. :wink:

Horseless said:
The other day Mrs. Horseless, with her over-sensitive nose, said "it smells like cow manure in the house." I responded well we do live on a ranch. I know I won't get any sympathy on here, but she says, "This isn't a ranch, a ranch has horses" OUCH!! That hit below the belt. :( I told her we had a horse trailer, actually two. We got cows, bulls, land, and boots. Still didn't matter. No horses, no ranch.
(She puts alot of miles on driving to work, brings home some bacon, sometimes cleans up after me.) And I really appreciate. :) :)

Then she jabbed me again but this time twisted it, "If this was a real ranch, I wouldn't have to be driving to work. OOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!

I like to joke around with you gals. But with her, I guess the joking was over for the day. :wink:
Buy her a horse.... :wink:

Latest posts