• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

World Peace

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Yesterday, our ranch crew was horseback moving some steer calves and their mothers to fresh grass. As we were gathering the pasture and the herd was forming, I topped a hill on my horse to see Saddletramp on the ground killing a rattlesnake with his lariat rope. He was intent on his work, and I was upon him taking pictures before he realized that I was nearby. He said it was a good thing that I didn't make any dry rattling noises. :? :wink: :)

Saddletrampcuttingtheheadoffarattle.jpg

Saddletramp cutting the head off of a rattlesnake
Mostoftherattlewasgone.jpg

Most of the rattle "warning system" was gone
Theonlygoodrattlesnakeisadeadrattle.jpg

The only good rattlesnake is a dead rattlesnake
Goodguywonbadguynone.jpg

Good guy won, bad guy none
Cuttingoffthereceipt.jpg

Cutting off the receipt "proof of purchase"
Theworldisnowamorepeacefulplace.jpg

The world is now a more peaceful place.

As ol' Saddletramp wiped his hands on his britches and put away his knife, I commented, "I'm sure glad we don't live in a state where it is illegal to kill a rattlesnake." How pathetic that would be.

We rode along, pushing the cattle toward the destination, and my thought process kicked into gear. There are some elements of Nature that don't make for a better world. Sure, a certain balance must be maintained, but some living creatures such as rattlesnakes, wolves, mountain lions, and grizzly bears are mostly on the debit side of Nature's ledger. It would be hard to kill them all, but it would be a lofty goal. As far as going to great pain and expense to promote these varmits, there is absolutely no need.

Looking further into the human side of the equation, murderers, rapists, and hard-core criminals fall into the same category as the aforementioned animals. They are a detriment to society.

The absurdity of it all, is that the Liberals cry out for world peace. And then these are the same people that think we should preserve and perpetuate rattlesnakes, wolves, mountain lions, grizzly bears, murderers, rapists, and hard-core criminals. Where is the logic? :???: :?

Liberals and logic? You are right, Soap. No logic there.

I just don't understand why they hate America so.
They do, you know.

They now say we should "respect the terrorists that tried to
blow up those planes for standing up for what they believe in."

Then with the judge who declared NAS unconstitutional, the media
found a liberal judge to make the ruling. She was nominated by
JIMMY CARTER, for pete's sake. How old is she? She should have
been long gone. We need to have limits on how long these judges
can stand. We are faced with a lot of liberal judges from Clintons presidency right now.

Far left liberals are terrorists from within.

A snakes usefullnes, Like many other life forms, is in the eye of the beholder. We have rattlesnakes here in southern Alberta and some on my ranch. I dont kill them because they are very usefull in the control of rodents. I have lamed many more horses in gopher holes than from snake bites. The fact that they are a protected species is irrelevant to me. I am not a liberal but I refuse to be pigeon holed as a conseervative either. Like snakes there is a purpose for the left. If killing the killers of the world solved the problem the US would have the lowest murder rate as it is the only 1st world nation still using capital punishment. I am very surprised that a forward thinking nation would allow a sellect few to decide whether someone should be put to death. Now dont think for a second that I am soft on punishment. I believe that criminals that do heinous crimes should be severely punished by never seeing the light of day again.

Elwapo, What about the justice for the victim??? Do you think it is justice to let someone live, who has taken the life of another??? Who is going to pay to keep these killers alive? Do you know how much it cost to keep someone incarsinated??

Justice is served by a life time of punishment. Death is the easy way out. I would much rather be hung , shot, or electricuted than to spend my life in a shoe box, wouldn't you. Part of our cost as a society is dealing with the criminals, sick , and old. The "cost" arguement is not justified. The bottom line is a government appointed supreme court should not have the ability to say who lives and dies.

A lifetime of punishment costs the taxpayers a LOT of money. And for what good?

Too many of them manage to get out and we go through the same thing
all over again. These people repeat themselves.

No thanks. I think if they are on death row, they need to go to their death. And sooner rather than later.

Have you ever lived in a prison town? I have.
The families of the prisoners live there too. Lots of drug abuse,
child abuse, and welfare. Prison escapes...these are not nice people.
Not that I mean all of them should be put to death, I don't. But
there sure are some that should be.

So is it about money then?

Killing the criminals does not prevent crime.
The murder rate has dropped in Canada since we stopped killing criminals......thats a fact

No... not all about money... The fact that these people have no remorse for there actions. And they are not a product of there enviorment. That dog won't hunt.. It's justice for the victim and their families..... What's the old saying, An eye for an eye.... Death row shouldn't be a twenty year stretch..... For every action there is a reaction... You murder someone and you can exspect to die...... done deal...

I am not anti-death penalty. it serves a purpose thats for sure, however it costs more for the person on death row to go through the appeals process than it does for them to rot in jail. most times i would pick rot in jail but its too bad most of our jails are like the hilton instead of a jail. Here in SD we are about to put a killer to death for the death of another, which was a grusom, terrible crime he committed. this is the first we will kill in many many years. He was sentenced to death and is requesting to die. KILL HIM i say. he wants it and was sentenced to it, yet there are some out there that are trying to stop it even though he is not. seems too me he just wants to get it over with, which is really the easy way out but im sick of payin for him. we have others, one i know for sure that has been on death row for almost 20years and it has cost us millions in appeals.....sickning.

No... not all about money... The fact that these people have no remorse for there actions. And they are not a product of there enviorment. That dog won't hunt.. It's justice for the victim and their families..... What's the old saying, An eye for an eye.... Death row shouldn't be a twenty year stretch..... For every action there is a reaction... You murder someone and you can exspect to die...... done deal...

So is it about revenge then?

maybe we should cut their heads off with a butcher knife and televise it .........hmm sounds familiar.

What we are doing now sure isn't working elwapo.
Prisons are being added onto or rebuilt all over the country.
We don't have the room to keep all the prisoners in Montana State
Prison, have to send them to other states.

There was a riot several years ago there, and our brother-in-law
is a plumber there. He said they had to clean up the mess before
the tv cameras got there. Why didn't they show John Q. Public
what really happened? All the blood and gore?
It was pretty gruesome according to him. Most of these people
don't go by the same rules you and I do.

elwapo, Now that is a silly answer... I'm not going to debate with you, if you're going to get radical..... You have some good questions untill the last. Gzeese...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

I agree faster. If you get sore foot from a hole in your boot getting new socks wont help. We have to take the cowboy approach and fix the hole or get a new boot that will not get holes so easy. If we want to live in a society that is as simple as is prescribed by some we will loose the freedoms that founded our countries. History has proven time and time again that the problems of a society are not solved by killing. If that was so the middle east would be heaven on earth.

elwapo, Now that is a silly answer... I'm not going to debate with you, if you're going to get radical..... You have some good questions untill the last. Gzeese......

Dont like the comparison huh. So you want someone to do the dirty work for you totally out of site? White wash it all you want...... taking the life of a human to save money is much more discusting.

First, it isn't taking the life of a person to save money. It is because that is what was handed down in a court of law. Justice. Ever heard of it?
For me, I don't want these screwballs that have killed people (not in self-defense) to have life of any kind. They gave up their life when they took someone elses, in my book.

My first thought is that they should be treated exactly the way they
treated others. How they killed someone, is how they should be killed.

The prison in Deer Lodge is called the Deer Lodge Hotel and that's basically what it is and too many more are like that.
Now take those prisons in the south, they are more like prisons.
We should have these people on chain gangs, working out their
sentences instead of in a prison gym working out, for pete's sake.

Why don't we have the prisoners in the south along the border
cleaning up all that trash? They've been fingerprinted, if they get away
we'll catch them again. I heard someone mention this on a radio talk show. You know what the host said? He said "that's a great idea. There is just one problem with it. Makes too much sense."

First, it isn't taking the life of a person to save money. It is because that is what was handed down in a court of law. Justice. Ever heard of it?

I would you to take into consideration David Milgard and Guy Paul Moran.
Two people convicted by there pears for murder. More than 15 years after there convictions they were exonerated by new DNA technology. These men were both found inocent of murder a long time after their convictions. If we had capital punishment they would both be dead.
Who then would be quilty of murder?

Soapweed and I knew this would be a real tangled rope . :?

That paint horse I'm seen on about died from snakebite a few years back. He is far more useful to me than any rattler. We've other species of gopher getters in our country.

I believe I'll keep on killing rattlesnakes as I come up on them. And I hope to never come up on a rapist or child molester because I'll treat them the very same way if I am able and face a jury of my peers for my actions. And I'll be happy to be accountable for my actions.

I live in a world where critters do NOT have the same rights as MAN, and killers, drug dealers, and rapist are varmits that have forsaken their rights in society.

saddletramp
I used to kill every one of them too. My ways have changed from further study of the species, you are indeed entitled to your ways as well.

Latest posts