• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

YOUR FAVORITE "OLD SAYING"

Help Support Ranchers.net:

One of my fathers sayings refering to the cunninglook on a cattle buyers face
"like a dog licking piss off a thistle"

tully :wink:

*A man that straddles the fence usually has a sore crotch.
*A scratchin' like he had a shirt full of fleas.
*About as busy as a hibernating bear.
*Light an' take comfort in a frog squat.
*He lets out a stud-horse whistle as would pull the picket pin of every filly 'round.
*He's as slow acting as wet gunpowder.
*She had cooties as big as a yearlins.
*He had callouses from pattin' his own back.
*Bragged himself out of a place to lean agin' the bar.
*He was as full of wind as a bull in corn time.
*Craw jammed plumb full of sand an' fightin' tallow.
*Busy as a chambermaid in a livery stable.
*Cussin' a range cook is as risky as brandin' a mule's tail.
*So cautious he would ride a mile to spit.

Old Granddad always said:
Given time, patients and perseverance you can stretch a cats a$$ over a barrel.

Meaner than a sack full of snakes.

Today's great oak is just yesterday's nut that held it's ground.

One sandwich shy of a picnic

It is not what you say, its how you say it

"Trust Me"

If you think nobody cares...try missing a few payments

Success always happens in private and failure in full view

"If it was easy, someone would have done it already.

"If we don't want to do it and don't have a good reason, let's have a meeting and someone wioll comed up with one."

From my best friend's mouth this morning when we were having coffee, "waste not, want not".
And my favorite from my husband in regards to the weather office, "can't predict a 'not nice' between newlyweds".

Working cattle saying...:cboy:
The more you hurry the slower you go.

Fixing fence saying... :cowboy:
If you went any slower, you'd be going backward

Dumb people saying... :dunce:
One oar in the water
One wheel in the sand
One pickle short of a quart

Truck sayings... :wink:
DODGE = Don't Overdrive Gutless Engines
FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily

And the great Canadian national sayings...... :santa:
Keep your stick on the ice.
Don't lick a shovel
Don't eat yellow snow.

Busier 'n a cat on a hot tin roof

Sticks 'n stones will break my bones
But names will never hurt me.

Put forefinger and thumb together, rub in circle and say, "Smallest record in the world playing my heart cries for you".

That boy's got more brass than a ST.Louis fire truck...good luck
th_with3.gif

Ma Haymaker always said "don't play with that sharp stick or you'll poke youe eye out', "don't make faces or it will freeze that way" and "always wear clean underwear in case your in a accident".

Little Haymaker didn't listen cause he ended up in the hospital with his eye poked out ,a frozen face and dirty underwear. He didn't listen to his Ma. :cowboy:

I wondered where you were big dummie,still mad about the long handle story I see :D :D :D .............good luck

I have been busy. We gathered ,weaned and processed cows and calves. then todat the tub grinder showed up and we ground 550 bales. Quite the pile of feed. Hay, green oats and rye and kochia bales. The fellow has a Mighty Giant tub grinder made in Beemer Nebraska by Jones Mfg. It loads its self but I had to move all the bales up to the grinder as our sack yard has a deer proof fence so space it a bit limited. You should be proud of me i'm getting ready for winter. :cowboy:

That sounds good ,no telling what kinda winter we will have,where did you store all that feed? you must have some pretty big bins?............good luck

We just pile the feed on the ground. After it settles for a couple of days it won't blow hardly at all and snow doesn't seem to be much of a bother. Just load the mixer wagon with the front end loader . I used to mix with silage but couldn't grow anything to silage this year, so will have to feed all dry chopped feed.

Latest posts