• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Your Greatest Rodeo Hero

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Winston Bruce,done more for Canadian rodeo then anyone else i know or know of.
Urban Doan,like Winston another local guy,my dads story about Urban,died broke,Turtle association had to bury him,said i shouldn't ride cause theres no money in it.

Love to have rode like Ty Murray.

I think Ryan Byrne is very worthy of mention. One of if not the only Canadian bull fighter to work the NFR and at the ripe old age of 23. He took a horn to the head that just about did him in a few years later but came back to fight again.

He saved a lot of Canadian and American cowboy's asses over his carreer and he would be the first one to scoff at being called a hero but I am damned proud to call him a friend.

Ranchwife, theyre like me I guess :lol: LANE FROST is THE greatest bullrider to live, imho.

Oldtimer, I beleive it was "Red Rock" that killed lane in an exhibition ride after he won in Vegas. He had three rides on him (the exhibition rides) on three seperate days, and on the third one he rode him and after the buzzer, bit the dust and got caught by a horn. I could be mistaken, but that's what I understood from the movie .lol.

Angus Cattle Shower said:
Ranchwife, theyre like me I guess :lol: LANE FROST is THE greatest bullrider to live, imho.

Oldtimer, I beleive it was "Red Rock" that killed lane in an exhibition ride after he won in Vegas. He had three rides on him (the exhibition rides) on three seperate days, and on the third one he rode him and after the buzzer, bit the dust and got caught by a horn. I could be mistaken, but that's what I understood from the movie .lol.

http://www.lanefrost.com/Cheyenne.htm

At 3:30 PM, in chute # 7, his bull rope wrapped tightly around his hand,
seated on the large, snorting brindle bull "Takin' Care Of Business"
Lane nodded his head and gave his familiar
"OK boys, OK boys!"

In less than 15 seconds Lane Frost was gone from this world forever.

Lane seemed like a good kid-- I had a chance to visit with him a couple of times and my two then teenage daughters drooled all over him while getting his autographs at Wolf Point a couple weeks before he was killed-- we were at another rodeo when we heard about it and my daughters were about floored.....

Sorry ACS but Oldtimer is correct on this one. It was TCB that ended Lane's life in Cheyenne July 30th 1989.

Bill said:

Sorry ACS but Oldtimer is correct on this one. It was TCB that ended Lane's life in Cheyenne July 30th 1989.

Don't feel bad ACS- 90% of people asked will answer Red Rock-- just because of their historic ride off......

Ryan's boy Tanner and Ty rodeo together and play hockey against each other. Ryan and I had a pretty interesting talk in the lobby of the Prince Albert rink a few years back-nothing like a bullfighter and a hockey coach having a difference of opinion lol. We got it all figured out eventually lol-he's a good guy and Tanner is a good athlete-he's going to pick sports pretty soon as he's in his Bantam draft year for hockey and he's a heck of a bull rider too-his riding shirt reminds me of Bobby Delvechio lol.

i vote for Ty also,he did it all,for the critter i gotta say Midnight,a black bronc from the early years,i dont remember if any ever rode him ,or if they did. there was very few

greg said:
Winston Bruce,done more for Canadian rodeo then anyone else i know or know of.

greg-- I think Winston Bruce was the classiest of all bronc riders I saw ride...JC Bonine could stick the most spur to one...JC was a top hand, coming off a ranch- could work both ends of the arena- and knew and raised good horses...he rode with us in traveling to a few shows - he won the world and then pretty much just went back to ranching....

I think the hardest to get on the ground was Larry Kane....

Ooh, ok. lol. Sorrry about that. lol.
No problem ACS. That is an intersting good link that Oldtimer posted. It brings back a lot of memories though not all good.

Northern Rancher said:
Ryan's boy Tanner and Ty rodeo together and play hockey against each other. Ryan and I had a pretty interesting talk in the lobby of the Prince Albert rink a few years back-nothing like a bullfighter and a hockey coach having a difference of opinion lol. We got it all figured out eventually lol-he's a good guy and Tanner is a good athlete-he's going to pick sports pretty soon as he's in his Bantam draft year for hockey and he's a heck of a bull rider too-his riding shirt reminds me of Bobby Delvechio lol.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh I know what you mean.

Midnight. With Pappa Smurf in the second hole. I just love that little horse.
There a nice peice about Pete Knight on Cowboy Country yesterday.
He has to rank up theren too. Until he got stomped to death by Duster at Hayward, California.

Northern Rancher said:

Would he have a son fighting bulls? Watched a bull fighting competition on TV the other day and i thought maybe one was his son.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Northern Rancher said:

Would he have a son fighting bulls? Watched a bull fighting competition on TV the other day and i thought maybe one was his son.

That could have been Scott. He's Ryan's nephew and Doug's son. Scott's pretty darn good too and he fought at the Calgary Stampede as well this year.

Thank you for the information, but im still dieing to hear some awesome stories!! :lol: Cowboys tell the best story from what i have learned!! :wink: :lol: even if they are full of bullshit sometimes! :wink:

have to agree that Ty is good, and of course Lane Frost, Tuff Hedamen, some others that I like are Chris Shivers, Luke Snyder, and JW and Cody Hart. i have autographs from the last 4 people plus the 2 Carillo brothers on a Men of Steel poster in my room lol

Canadian_Cowgirl said:
Thank you for the information, but im still dieing to hear some awesome stories!! :lol: Cowboys tell the best story from what i have learned!! :wink: :lol: even if they are full of BS sometimes! :wink:
8) OK if it is a story yu want-yu didn't hear it from me-right.We were rodeoin the August long weekend so had some miles to do,one van-4 guys one girl.First rodeo got there a little late and the bullrider of the crew lost his duffel bag as he was in the middle of changing into his ridin jeans(unfortunatley we were parked in the parkin lot as he was tryin to catch up to us)Then -next day runnin late again-all the way to Fort Mcmurray-who would have thought they knew what a rodeo was-Putt putt had to releive himself,tooo much coffee,Driver said no time slide door open on van I will slow down.Luckily he did slow down cause once door was open Putt putt was rollin in ditch.And he was only a roper?

Latest posts