• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Another little story

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I just wrote a big reply , was just about to send and the electricity blinked lost it. here's the short version, Keep telling your storys and posting the pics I like em AZ.. I do not normally post just a very avid reader morning and night, but my fingers just kept reaching for the keys.

I also encouraged AZ to write some more stories.

Even though I think he shouldn't be quite so graphic in his descriptions
because of the reason I already posted,
I am going to apologize for my remark about him not owning cattle,
and I hope he will accept my apology. That isn't usually
my style, I was tired tonight...and said more than I should.

Thanks for the kinds words, JB. I do try to be a nice lady.
But sometimes I fail.

You know all i have to say on the whole deal is people if you dont like what i post in here then dont read it . So people that have a soft spot in their heart for some old run off cow that does it every time then dont read my posts cause you might see somthin you dont like and think that you have to come on here and correct me for my wrong doing . Well your not gonna correct me and your not gonna change my way of thinking . I do things my way you do things your way . If the folks that we dont know come in hear and read my posts i take full responsiblity and they are more than welcoem to come on down in person and have a chat with me . If not then they need to keep their mouth shut . Now i know there are a few cowmen in here and there are some good cowboys as well , but for those of you who gather your cattle with a feed buckett and have your little farm i would rather you didnt try to tell me how things should be done . I am not tryin to be rude or anything like that but things that work for you will not work for me .

But, but, but, ...... I am one of those people who use the "bucket" with my "gentle" cows, and I enjoyed your story and thought to myself you had to do what you had to do! I really didn't have a problem with it.

Keep the stories coming! I wouldn't be too concerned with the noncountry crowd. By the time the stories are watered down they aren't nearly as interesting. Besides those folks are clueless about alot of things. When it comes to a critter ya gotta do what ya gotta do to walk and talk another day. Plus, you turned her around.

Faster horses said:
Non-country crowd? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now that's funny, I don't care who ya are!!!!!
Ya cause this web site is called VeggiesRus :roll: I'm with Faster,that has to be about the silliest comment ever made here

Jinglebob said:
lazy ace said:
My big question is that why did this old rip last that long?

Danged if I know. Probably owned by one of them "cowmen' who hates to sell one that might raise a calf and who cares less about someone who is dumb enough to want to "cowboy" for a living. :roll:

Yup, I would set on my hands.

But I've run some for a feller who would have bought her cheap and sent her to me to run and put up with.

Sorry some of us ain't been able to get back into the cow/calf business yet and we have to do what we have to do to pay the bills. :wink:

they ain't all sweetness and light when you got cows as I am sure you know.

In the end, he made a cristian of her and she saw the light and saved herslef from the canners.

I've gotten pretty rough with a few who were bound and determined to be fence crawlers and they came to see the light also. :wink: :lol:

When you work for other people and have to run what the guy sends you, you learn to deal with the sorry ones. Sometimes it ain't real pretty, but it works.

If I'd a been Az I believe I'd a made beef out of her and told the boss she "broke a leg" and I'd a never had to deal with her again.

I admire Az for his course of action and if it was my cow I'd a stood there and cheered him on.

You know, out in the roughs where there ain't much but rocks and trees and no pens, a feller has to do what it takes to get the job done. Them fellers been doing it for a long time and I notice that most of them still have jobs and there is still cow outfits and cowpunchers in them parts of the country. Must be working for them, huh? :D

I agree!!

I grew up working my grandpa's 14000 acre ranch in southern co, back in the 50's and 60's. I have probably seen at least 15 or 20 of these kind of educational sessions with horses and cows, and they all seemed to get the jo done. The west was settled by hard people, if it wasn't it wouldn't have been settled. They didn't make a lot of excuses and didn't need to they just got the job done.

We have a lot of touchy feeley people raising cows today that never got tested real hard by anybody or anything, so they really don't know what they would do if the chips were down. So they react to stories like this the only way they know how. That doesn't make the story teller wrong. It makes the complainer look like what they are. INEXPERIENCED.

I grew up with a grandfather who was known to have taken a workhorse from his best team down to the boneyard and shot it before breakfast because he was tired of getting up to broken gates all over the ranch, from that old sonofagun. Compared to that, this story had a pretty good outcome. Dontcha think.

I grew up with a grandfather who was known to have taken a workhorse from his best team down to the boneyard and shot it before breakfast because he was tired of getting up to broken gates all over the ranch, from that old sonofagun.

Guess I wouldn't want to measure my animal handling skills against this particular standard. Call me crazy. :wink: I'll hurry and go get my feed bucket so you can put me in your stereotype.

It's not exactly apples to apples when you compare our current times to two or three generations ago.

Some things in some country dont change , i would give you a million dollars if you could come and gather my cattle with a feed buckett ha ha you better bring your hiking shoes .

I have no doubt that Az can do his job well!
I have no doubt that he done what he thought was right on that brammer!

What concerns me is that WE all know the P.E.T.A. folks watch sites like this and use posts like his to use against us all the time.

The horns needed tipped, OK, the extra boot , and the dip in her eyes is EXACTLY things that they love to use as propaganda against all of us!
Thus in the long run it hurts the very business that pays our bills, and wages! That cuts into MY pocket and I do not like it!
With that in mind I think a little foresight needs to be used when making posts like this.

I know the area he works in and yes it is rough BUT there are rougher places, and each takes a special person to work them.

JMHO

Show me a more rough place you dont know the area were i work you cant just drive thru Arizona and think you know the country . If peta reads this **** then good for them i dont give a crap , they wanna use this against anyone well i would like to see them try , and what is it that you lost money from peta ? You guys are a bunch whinny cry baby people that just flat dont understand , just because you have a few cows in a field dont mean your a cowman or a cowboy or a farmer or anything else your a person that has a couple of cows . I am about sick and tired of hearin your whine about everything that doesnt involve a tractor or a irragated field .

azcowpuncher said:
Show me a more rough place you dont know the area were i work you cant just drive thru Arizona and think you know the country .

I do more than just drive through Az :D :D Try Texas Canyon area!
I said you do run a rough area but there are tougher!

If peta reads this s*** then good for them i dont give a crap , they wanna use this against anyone well i would like to see them try , and what is it that you lost money from peta ?

Every time they get another bill passed that affects the cattleman costs me and YOU money!!

You guys are a bunch whinny cry baby people that just flat dont understand ,

Run more than a few cows!
And yes I do understand.
I said The tipping was and is necessary the boot and chew I do not think so!!

Yes i do whine when I lose money!
And P.E.T.A does cost ALL of us money in the long run!
That is indisputable.

just because you have a few cows in a field dont mean your a cowman or a cowboy or a farmer or anything else your a person that has a couple of cows .

I am about sick and tired of hearin your whine about everything that doesnt involve a tractor or a irragated field .

Have a couple of tractors! No irrigated fields.

As you stated you do not have to read the posts of others if you do not want to hear opposition.

Yeah i have seen the caprock and i have been down around alpine and fort davis and up the by that palo duro everyone says is so rough hahahaha , you talk to any texan that has been here and has been all over texas and ask them what they think . Were have you worked in Arizona if you say you do more than just drive thru ? I have been all ove rthe place and i have never seen anything rougher than burro creek or the mahone country .

Latest posts