• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Another little story

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I am not talkin about my skills , i was simply asking a question about were you have worked cause if you wanna give me your opinion you should at least know were you worked so everyone knows your not just spoutin out a bunch of bs

I never said that I had worked rougher country than you!!
What did say is that there are rougher areas.

I have a spread in the Wilcox area.
Not going to get into a pi$$ing contest with you over experience because our experience is in different decades. Different climates, Different cattle.
And yes in my younger days I did work rough stock, in a manner much the same as you do! But that was a long time ago "50's"

This ends our little discussion!
If you want to ramble on please do so! :roll:
Without me!

Edited for spelling

quickdraw when you were younger riding out in the wasties chasin' bad cows did you ever have time to chat on the internet lol. we live in such rough country we don't even get highspeed. Az you truly are a renaissance man-rider,roper and a computer geek :wink: From what I've seen in all aspects of life most guys who go on about how tough and how good they are ain't that tough and ain't that good. You are a feisty tomcat I'll give you that though.

Ha ha ha wilcox huh i got family down there . So cut and run huh well thats ok and i never asked if you were in rough country i was just asking were you worked so we would know that you knew what you were talkin about thats all no need to get all scared and scamper away . But if you wanna give up and not have a grown up conversation i understand i see everyone in here seems to say that bout you well thats ok i understand hahahaha . So anyway for real have you worked any ranches in Arizona ? Cause if you have i am sure i would know your name .

Ahh....don't mind quickdraw there.

He gets those little ' flare ups' from time to time, stomps his foot and runs off.

But damnation if he don't come back every time!

I notice he 'edited' for spelling....seems everyone's a bit jumpy on that issue lately!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

azcowpuncher said:
I am not talkin about my skills , i was simply asking a question about were you have worked cause if you wanna give me your opinion you should at least know were you worked so everyone knows your not just spoutin out a bunch of bs
:???: Somebody pee in your cornflakes today???

Maybe its because you feel liked you've been attacked that your getting all defensive,but trust me "Young Man" your not the only good hand on here and sometimes if you'd be quiet a minute you'd learn something from some of the "Good Old hands" on here.

Well i was tryin to ask him if he had actually been around anywere or was just speakin from things he has heard but he cut and run so i am guessing he was speaking from things that he has heard . No one did anything in my corn flakes and i never even said i was a good hand and i never said anyone wasnt for that matter . I was just sick and tired of all you cry babys bitchin about that story i wrote .

azcowpuncher said:
Well i was tryin to ask him if he had actually been around anywere or was just speakin from things he has heard but he cut and run so i am guessing he was speaking from things that he has heard . No one did anything in my corn flakes and i never even said i was a good hand and i never said anyone wasnt for that matter . I was just sick and tired of all you cry babys bitchin about that story i wrote .
ummmm,I didn't cry about it and was on your side until your getting cranky and defensive. Reread quickdraws posts to you,he wasn't being a cry baby either.You should have seen how Shelly was attacked last year about her baby deer story,and she didn't get as defensive :?

I moved this over here ......seems better suited over here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok..you tied her down, Problem #1 solved. You tipped/cut/whatever her horns ...Problem #2 solved.

How was putting Skoal in her eyelid and whacking her in the eye gonna solve a cow created problem? Was she looking at ya all mean like? Ya know the ' evil' and all that.

We've all done ' things' that we probably shouldn't have ' at that time' in history.....but I must admit the ' eye' business was dirty business.

Any hand working for me , do that ...FIRED instantly on the spot, get yer shite and go .......NOW!

PLEASE NOTE: I may or may not have spell checked this post.!!!!

Well, if THIS isn't a hoot!

AZcowpuncher's got our attention, alright ... there are over 2200 "views" of this thread already, and all he's sayin' is "Put your money where your mouth is".

My two cents is this: If not for the few like him, the spirit of Arizona and the entire west would be long civilized and gone.

Takes gumption.

cowgirl2u said:
Well, if THIS isn't a hoot!

AZcowpuncher's got our attention, alright ... there are over 2200 "views" of this thread already, and all he's sayin' is "Put your money where your mouth is".

My two cents is this: If not for the few like him, the spirit of Arizona and the entire west would be long civilized and gone.

Takes gumption.

Fine ,let people like that work for you and kick around your investment ( cattle).

Your hands working for you can either make or break your outfit, most times they are what the outside world sees and that image is part of your ( the owner) image. Anyone who has ever been an owner of a bigger than average operation understands this very well.

Maybe a little touch of civililzation might do ya some good!

Where's the ' gumption' of packing a tied down cow's eyes full of snuff? Now...if he'd done it after they'd untied her....then we'd have something to brag about!!!

Do ya'll drown puppies on Sat nite? Ya know....just for giggles and all? :roll: :roll: :roll:

cowgirl2u said:
'scuse me? Touchy!

No just practical.

I've had to fire yahoos like this before and they always ended up costing me money.

Now what DOES make me touchy when someone is trying to prove how ' manly' or ' cowboyish' they are to others and harming my investment in the process. They want to do this crap....do it to their OWN critters, not mine!

And...before anyone asks.... I've seen/owned a cow or two in my day!! :wink:

Ha ha ha here we go with more whine whine whine . The whole purpose of puttin the copenhagen in her eyes was so it burned like hell and she wouldnt forget that the next time she was gatherd and ran off . The whole put the boots to her head was because she needed a good knockin around to get it thru her thick skull that she wasnt gonna run off no more and just get caught and let back up to go back to the herd . Guess what it worked . Now you see things different and you will never get the whole situation so dont try and analize the deal to death wonderin why i did what i did . As far as firing an guy for that well your the boss thats your choice but the first time you run a man off for teachin an old cow brute a lesson you will get nothin but ranch hands workin for you and there is a big difference between a ranch hand and a cowboy , and if you dont know the difference than you are a ranch hand . I am not gonns go into explaining it . If you didnt like the story you didnt like it too damn bad i dont work for you and never will , i work for cowmen that make a living off of livestock not hay or pigs or anything else just beef , and thats the way it will stay till i cant set a horseback anymore . So you can give me your farmafied opinions all you want your not prooving anything to anyone .

ps i dont give a **** about my spelling

K said:

And...before anyone asks.... I've seen/owned a cow or two in my day!! :wink:[/quote]

I bet. That's a whole different story than owning 3,000 or so wild ones.

cowgirl2u said:
K said:

And...before anyone asks.... I've seen/owned a cow or two in my day!! :wink:[/quote

I bet. That's a whole different story than owning 3,000 or so wild ones.

This whole thing is getting frustrating for the simple reason,too much calling down of others on here,a ranchers site full of guess friggin what RANCHERS.So if your going to laugh at someone and call then down be sure of your facts,I believe that Kolas owned more then a cow or two in her day.Yup we live in the country and LOTS on here use horses for rounding up thier cattle,whether its your way or not its not right or wrong...ENOUGH already :roll: :roll: :roll:

My horse has two wheels green shields a seat and handlebars instead of four legs, fuzzy and a head :lol:

Y'all are acting like third graders.

azcowpuncher said:
Ha ha ha here we go with more whine whine whine . The whole purpose of puttin the copenhagen in her eyes was so it burned like hell and she wouldnt forget that the next time she was gatherd and ran off . The whole put the boots to her head was because she needed a good knockin around to get it thru her thick skull that she wasnt gonna run off no more and just get caught and let back up to go back to the herd . Guess what it worked . Now you see things different and you will never get the whole situation so dont try and analize the deal to death wonderin why i did what i did . As far as firing an guy for that well your the boss thats your choice but the first time you run a man off for teachin an old cow brute a lesson you will get nothin but ranch hands workin for you and there is a big difference between a ranch hand and a cowboy , and if you dont know the difference than you are a ranch hand . I am not gonns go into explaining it . If you didnt like the story you didnt like it too damn bad i dont work for you and never will , i work for cowmen that make a living off of livestock not hay or pigs or anything else just beef , and thats the way it will stay till i cant set a horseback anymore . So you can give me your farmafied opinions all you want your not prooving anything to anyone .

ps i dont give a s*** about my spelling

Seems to me you don't give a s##t about anything but yourself! Making yourself look good!

Mark this one down into the books folks. I AGREE with Koluraven! :oops: :oops: That is embarrassing to admit
Your butt would have been down the road!
Your kind makes a bad name for all the real cattleman/cowboys that are on this site.

Write this down people....I've got RR and Hoppy in AGREEMENT with me.

This has got be equal to those ' lunar' events...ya know happens only every 110 yrs or so!!!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

I feel like I just had my ears pulled by a bunch of schoolteachers. :lol:

What y'all seem to want is for us Arizona ranchers to roll over and play dead rather doing things our own way or calling your hand when you get uppity.

I think that's called "You can sure dish it out, but you can't take it".

It's been fun...on to better things.

Latest posts