• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ben, the master plan

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ben Roberts said:
Econ101 said:
Ben, there has to be a starting point for changing the industry. If you don't know where you want to go, you might end up walking around forever going no where.

I think Sandhusker's goals should be the ideal goals of most if not all cattle producers. It might be a good thing for the USDA to keep these in mind instead of all the garbage the packers feed to them.

With the cattlemen's organizations that we have today, and the control the multi-national corporations have in the USDA, I believe those goals are unrealistic. Until the cattle producers take back the control of this industry! I agree there has to be a starting point, that starting point, it's not in Washington DC.

Econ, when you speak of all of the garbage the USDA is being fed, it may be garbage, but it is wrapped in hundred dollar bills!

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

You're absolutely right about the C notes, Ben. However, when the AMI controlled USDA is against you, there is no way cattlemen can take control of a taco stand if they don't want us to. Prime example is the horsecrap thrown out to Creekstone. The USDA has proven their actions don't have to have logic or even legal grounds. Sure, you can take them to court and even win a battle or two, but they'll just come back until your legal kitty is tapped.

http://www.themarketworks.org/issuesbeforeus.html

The packers are already singing the "blues".

Beef imported into the USA should not be issued a USA origin label.... no matter how many days (like it is now) it spends time in a feedlot in the USA.

MoGal said:

Beef imported into the USA should not be issued a USA origin label.... no matter how many days (like it is now) it spends time in a feedlot in the USA.

So are you saying an animal born in Canada but fed in the US and slaughtered in a US plant should be labeled as Canadian?

Given all the irregularities and infractions that US plants have become known for and the chicken litter still allowed in US rations it sure as heck shouldn't have a product of Canada label on it .

Absolutely!!! It cannot have USA origin label if it was born outside the USA.

What part of USA born, raised, and fed do you not understand. Absolutely NOTHING imported into the USA can have a USA origin label.
The consumer wants to know what country it came from and if your beef is good quality why would you object to it having "imported from Canada" label on it????

MoGal said:
Absolutely!!! It cannot have USA origin label if it was born outside the USA.

What part of USA born, raised, and fed do you not understand. Absolutely NOTHING imported into the USA can have a USA origin label.
The consumer wants to know what country it came from and if your beef is good quality why would you object to it having "imported from Canada" label on it????

Good luck with that!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If that animal could be fed chicken **** which is allowed in the US and not in Canada and put through one of your plants of course a product of Canada stamp shouldn't and won't be allowed even close to it.

What part of fed, harvested and processed in Canada do YOU not understand?

Actually Bill our country would have been up in arms 35 years ago over tainted food brought in (whether actual or supposed) for human consumption but Roe vs Wade caused the beginning of our decline in morals, character and integrity.

Most people don't have kids anymore, but they do have pets (dogs and cats) and they get quite riled over their poor pet being poisoned.

Now, congress can either get it together and create a plan that suits the consumer and addresses their wants or the people will form their own petitions and get it on the ballot by states (which will take a little longer, but can be done).

Don't you think it would be better to have a federal law than individual state laws? and the people out there want to know where there food, pet food, etc is coming from.

Sandhusker said:
Ben Roberts said:
Econ101 said:
Ben, there has to be a starting point for changing the industry. If you don't know where you want to go, you might end up walking around forever going no where.

I think Sandhusker's goals should be the ideal goals of most if not all cattle producers. It might be a good thing for the USDA to keep these in mind instead of all the garbage the packers feed to them.

With the cattlemen's organizations that we have today, and the control the multi-national corporations have in the USDA, I believe those goals are unrealistic. Until the cattle producers take back the control of this industry! I agree there has to be a starting point, that starting point, it's not in Washington DC.

Econ, when you speak of all of the garbage the USDA is being fed, it may be garbage, but it is wrapped in hundred dollar bills!

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

You're absolutely right about the C notes, Ben. However, when the AMI controlled USDA is against you, there is no way cattlemen can take control of a taco stand if they don't want us to. Prime example is the horsecrap thrown out to Creekstone. The USDA has proven their actions don't have to have logic or even legal grounds. Sure, you can take them to court and even win a battle or two, but they'll just come back until your legal kitty is tapped.

This issue has been discussed on this board until it's worn-out! I know that the USDA is influenced by the multi-national corporations, if you know that, then why, do you insist we continue asking for the government to control its self?

Don't you think it's about time we changed our approach, after failing year after year. How many more years of solvency do the cattle producers have left? Creekstone, is governed by the USDA, the cattle producers that need to take back the control of our industry, are not. The only way Creekstone can defend themselves, is through the court system, the cattle producers wouldn't have to. So why, would you even want to take them to court.

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

Sandhusker said:
Ben Roberts said:
PORKER said:
An American product must be born, produced, grown, raised in the USA.....COOL

What about the USA feeders that are fed in Canada, then shipped back to the USA for slaughter? What about the Canadian feeders that are fed and slaughtered in the USA? What about the thousands of Canadian feeder pigs that are fed and slaughtered in the USA?

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

Won't get the "Product of USA label". You gotta draw the line somewhere.

Are you sure about that, The rules are being made now! Oh, I believe that they will give you some small concessions, so you can have bragging rights. But the real benefits will go to the multi-natiomal corporations.

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

Kato said:
Ok, so everything coming in has a label. No problem for processed meat. It happens now.

What about a 20 day old piglet that spends the rest of it's life in an Iowa barn, making money for an Iowa farmer? You can bet your life that these hog feeders are fighting this.

Or a five month old calf that spends the rest of it's life in a Nebraska feedlot after making money for a Nebraska feeder? How about cows that came to your country before BSE? I bet there are lots around. How are they differentiated? They are not all American by default. :!:

This is the problem. This is going to put a much larger wrench in the works than just making Canadian feeder cattle less desireable. If the price for us makes it not worthwhile to ship live cattle, we'll ship you processed beef instead. What's the gain there? You've lost the income at the feedlots, and you've lost the processing jobs. Lose enough processing jobs, and you will lose processing capacity for your own cattle.

In the long run, does that make for better prices?

It's not about implementing COOL, it's about packers NOT WANTING COOL IMPLEMENTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nolan Ryan Tender Aged Beef sells packaged beef in grocery stores every day. They have animals processed every week and every one of the 300 packages from a carcass comes out of the plant with their label on them. They have calves in feedlots that are in their program.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW THEY DO THIS EVERY DAY WITHOUT EVERY OTHER ANIMAL BEING IDENTIFIED AS NOT NOLAN RYAN TENDER AGED BEEF??????????????????????????

Ben Roberts said:
PORKER said:
An American product must be born, produced, grown, raised in the USA.....COOL

What about the USA feeders that are fed in Canada, then shipped back to the USA for slaughter? What about the Canadian feeders that are fed and slaughtered in the USA? What about the thousands of Canadian feeder pigs that are fed and slaughtered in the USA?

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

If it crosses the border, it is imported. The line has to be drawn some where and that line is at the border.

Ben Roberts said:
Econ101 said:

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

Ben, a war is always fought on more than one front. We can't ignore Washington because they have control over the infrastructure we need to fight the front you are calling for...and you know that. This immigration issue and China food issues are awakening the public to problems of corporate influence/control in Washington and our lack of security at the border. And how vulnerable our national sovereignty ahs become. Now is the time to push for changes in Washington! And all we need to do is demand that the Federal government enforce the laws we have!!!!!!!

Ben, "This issue has been discussed on this board until it's worn-out! I know that the USDA is influenced by the multi-national corporations, if you know that, then why, do you insist we continue asking for the government to control its self?"

We have to have the government if not on our side, at least neutral. If not, it's like playing a football game with bought off refs. It will have to come from the legislative branch, and people like Tom Harkin give me hope that it can be done.

Ben, "Don't you think it's about time we changed our approach, after failing year after year. How many more years of solvency do the cattle producers have left? Creekstone, is governed by the USDA, the cattle producers that need to take back the control of our industry, are not. The only way Creekstone can defend themselves, is through the court system, the cattle producers wouldn't have to. So why, would you even want to take them to court. "

How can cattlemen have any control of the industry and not fall under the juristiction of the USDA? We're under their thumb even now. I tossed out my plan, what's your's for taking control?

Sandhusker. WE control the cattle. Without cattle the packers can sell no beef.

WE CAN BE IN CONTROL!

We just don't realize it. :shock:

Demand that the Federal Government inforce the laws we have! How many times have we already done that, and failed! I'm not going to fight a war, just for the sake of fighting, I want to fight a war I can win! The cattlemen's organizations, we have representing us now in Washington, is like sending a little league baseball team to the world series. Everyone on this board has read my comparable model of the Sierra Club, Why can't the cattle producers organize into a organization of that magnitude, then we could win this war!

You speak of the immigration issues we have in this country, and how it is awakening the public to the control, the multi-national corporations have over or nation! Well, look at what happened yesterday in Washington DC, while they are still buying right-of way from Mexico to Canada for a super highway.

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

Mike said:
Sandhusker. WE control the cattle. Without cattle the packers can sell no beef.

WE CAN BE IN CONTROL!

We just don't realize it. :shock:

OK, how are we going to get control while staying out of USDA's jurisdiction? If you and/or Ben know how it can be accomplished, I'm all ears.

Ben Roberts said:
Demand that the Federal Government inforce the laws we have! How many times have we already done that, and failed! I'm not going to fight a war, just for the sake of fighting, I want to fight a war I can win! The cattlemen's organizations, we have representing us now in Washington, is like sending a little league baseball team to the world series. Everyone on this board has read my comparable model of the Sierra Club, Why can't the cattle producers organize into a organization of that magnitude, then we could win this war!

You speak of the immigration issues we have in this country, and how it is awakening the public to the control, the multi-national corporations have over or nation! Well, look at what happened yesterday in Washington DC, while they are still buying right-of way from Mexico to Canada for a super highway.

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

One thing I saw in DC the other day was citizens winning over the multi-nationals when the immigration bill was crap-canned. I attribute that to people getting off their asses for a minute and letting Washington know what they wanted. All the big money couldn't trump 75% of the public.

Bill said:
MoGal said:

So are you saying an animal born in Canada but fed in the US and slaughtered in a US plant should be labeled as Canadian?

Given all the irregularities and infractions that US plants have become known for and the chicken litter still allowed in US rations it sure as heck shouldn't have a product of Canada label on it .

Bill, how about a load of eared steers, or #2 Okies born in the USA, fed in Canada, slaughtered in the USA, and labeled Product Of Canada. Dosen't that make you feel proud!

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

Sandhusker said:
Ben Roberts said:

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

One thing I saw in DC the other day was citizens winning over the multi-nationals when the immigration bill was crap-canned. I attribute that to people getting off their asses for a minute and letting Washington know what they wanted. All the big money couldn't trump 75% of the public.

Sandhusker, the citizens won nothing! The immigration bill will re-surface again and again until it is passed!

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

Ben Roberts said:
Bill said:
MoGal said:

Bill, how about a load of eared steers, or #2 Okies born in the USA, fed in Canada, slaughtered in the USA, and labeled Product Of Canada. Dosen't that make you feel proud!

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

Ben-- What do we do? Give Canada special exemptions? Then Mexico will scream foul--then Argentina, then Brazil......................If we give one an exemption you defeat the purpose of allowing folks to choose cattle TOTALLY born, raised, fed, and slaughtered in the USA-- and thats the option people want...

I can't believe you wouldn't support this- since you chastise the Packers so much...The M-COOL law rips much of the control out of the Packers hands and could give the Check-Off and US beef producers a true marketing tool.....

Latest posts