• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bundy Ranch

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Now this is the robust discussion I remember from several years back on Ranchers.net. What ever he deserves is immaterial to me. I want to know what you folks think of the ever present creep of the state on environmental issues. That is what started this 20 years ago.

Cure. Just a question. I'd like to know where you saw or heard he took their buyout? I talked to Cliven and he said he refused to take their money. Just trying to figure this out in my mind. This is just a polite question. I'm not implying one way or another.

Broke Cowboy said:
cure said:
I didn't say I agreed with how the feds are handling this all I am saying is that the press is making this out to be poor poor bundy when in fact it was all self inflicted I look at this whole deal as a case where two not niceholes met.

What you said is this:

Bundy is getting just what he deserves in my opinion

So do not twist it

What is your motive?

What will you do when they find a reason to come after you?

Almost any excuse will do.

You are not the person I thought you were - but I will leave this now - you are apparently happy he is getting "what he deserves"

bc

per said:
Now this is the robust discussion I remember from several years back on Ranchers.net. What ever he deserves is immaterial to me. I want to know what you folks think of the ever present creep of the state on environmental issues. That is what started this 20 years ago.

Environmental issues?

You mean where a fellow drives up and talks to you about it like they used to?

Or the way it is usually approached now?

Heck even the SPCA in Ontario never shows up without 5 - 6 police cars and bullet proof vest guys carrying long guns now.

bc

Broke Cowboy said:
per said:

Environmental issues?

You mean where a fellow drives up and talks to you about it like they used to?

Or the way it is usually approached now?

Heck even the SPCA in Ontario never shows up without 5 - 6 police cars and bullet proof vest guys carrying long guns now.

bc

Well there are several things in this to discuss.

How about culture creep where the authorities show up with ultimatums backed with force to deal with stewardship concerns with those of us who up until this point were the natural allies of the very nature they pretend to want to protect.

On top of that there is a culture of "as long as it isn't' me".

This is more than about communication it is about our community and both our social licence to operate and the countries need for a social licence trade off. Look at us we saved the turtle (doesn't matter the monetary or social cost) so we can trade that for the damage we caused elsewhere.

Ho55 said:
Cure. Just a question. I'd like to know where you saw or heard he took their buyout? I talked to Cliven and he said he refused to take their money. Just trying to figure this out in my mind. This is just a polite question. I'm not implying one way or another.
I was told it by a blm agent that was working down there when the feds were making the deal cliven. I also was told the same thing from my buddy that runs next to cliven.

Just heard bits and pieces on this. Got a question, Why did Bundy quit paying his grazing fees 20 some years ago?

Faster horses said:
kolanuraven said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Kola if you don;t know that's OK. Just admit it. we'll understand. :?

I think what FH was meaning is that BLM and Forest service should be staffed by knowledgeable people regarding environmental issues such as grassland heath and forest health and proper stocking rate. Since when have they become SWAT teams. Why not go through the County Sheriff to execute warrants ect.

Well, I'm NOT able to read minds like you.

Forest Service rangers ARE law enforcement.

County sheriff....my guess is that since public lands are a FEDERAL issue...not a county issue is why the Forest Service is in the mix with the BLM.

Come on....read my mind right now!!! I dare ya...come on...I double dog dare ya!!!! :wink:

No, Forest Service Rangers are not law enforcement. Neither are BLM Personnel.

In the Forest Service there are Rangers and there are Officers.

Officers are the actual law enforcement for the forest. They are basically the forest cops.

Rangers are the people who take groups on hikes and do all of the traditional park ranger duties.

USFS Ranger positions are usually college students are usually seasonal and have no law enforcement duties.

In the West, we understand these things. :wink:
FH you are incorrect about Forest Service Rangers. The Forest Service is comprised of several regions. Each region is comprised of forests and or grasslands. Each forest or grassland is comprised of districts. The head of a district is a Ranger. Rangers are permanent full time positions and they are the decision makers for the districts, not a summer tour guide. The west doesn't understand everything :wink:

rem_243 said:
Faster horses said:
kolanuraven said:

County sheriff....my guess is that since public lands are a FEDERAL issue...not a county issue is why the Forest Service is in the mix with the BLM.

Come on....read my mind right now!!! I dare ya...come on...I double dog dare ya!!!! :wink:

Officers are the actual law enforcement for the forest. They are basically the forest cops.

Rangers are the people who take groups on hikes and do all of the traditional park ranger duties.

USFS Ranger positions are usually college students are usually seasonal and have no law enforcement duties.

FH you are incorrect about Forest Service Rangers. The Forest Service is comprised of several regions. Each region is comprised of forests and or grasslands. Each forest or grassland is comprised of districts. The head of a district is a Ranger. Rangers are permanent full time positions and they are the decision makers for the districts, not a summer tour guide. The west doesn't understand everything :wink:
Is there any way to find the name and addresses of the blm employees for this county of nevada? The leftists like to post the name and addresses in the paper of those with a gun permit and such. Turn about is fair play.

I know nothing of this case around here it's either private or state and county owned most of the state and county ground is either all forest or swamp no inbetween.You have to either rent from private land owners on a year to year deal or buy it. I'm a$$ deep in debt buying land but at least I'm in control of it that way.

Denny said:
I know nothing of this case around here it's either private or state and county owned most of the state and county ground is either all forest or swamp no inbetween.You have to either rent from private land owners on a year to year deal or buy it. I'm a$$ deep in debt buying land but at least I'm in control of it that way.

Unless you want to fill in a mud hole, or they find some kind of endangered species, then you have no control.

Broke Cowboy said:
Broke Cowboy said:
cure said:
I didn't say I agreed with how the feds are handling this all I am saying is that the press is making this out to be poor poor bundy when in fact it was all self inflicted I look at this whole deal as a case where two not niceholes met.

What you said is this:

Bundy is getting just what he deserves in my opinion

So do not twist it

What is your motive?

You are not the person I thought you were - but I will leave this now - you are apparently happy he is getting "what he deserves"

bc

Calm down GI Joe............

Why would you think 'cure' has a motive? Maybe he just stated his opinion after all this is a forum for just that.

Seriously, I doubt he gives a ratz arse what you think you him, him being ' cure'..........

This thread is not about the poster named ' cure'...keep up.

rem_243 said:
Faster horses said:
kolanuraven said:

Double SMACK!!!

kolanuraven said:
Broke Cowboy said:
Broke Cowboy said:
What you said is this:

So do not twist it

What is your motive?

bc

Calm down GI Joe............

Why would you think 'cure' has a motive? Maybe he just stated his opinion after all this is a forum for just that.

Seriously, I doubt he gives a ratz arse what you think you him, him being ' cure'..........

This thread is not about the poster named ' cure'...keep up.

Big kiss to you sweetie

bc

Latest posts