• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Conneally Freightliner

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I would seriously try to get in touch with Rkaiser or pure Country as both have used Galloway bulls... I bet a half Galloway, half Angus would have a real nice haircoat for the cows, not be very framey, be black and when breed to either an Angus or a Cont bull would throw calves that would be virtually indistinguishable from ones out of straight Angus but you would benifit from a little heterosis in your cowherd... Just a thought.

I don't know much about Galloways but will look into them. Thanks.

.I bought 10 straws of semen ( I won't say what breed) but you can probably guess, Off a bull years ago when he was young and the semen was relatively cheap. The bulls phenotype was what we were looking for, moderate framed and thick and hairy and good epd's. We used 3 straws, got 3 heifers and waited to see how they would turn out.They were good and were what we wanted phenotypically except for their udders. What gets me going right now is that a couple of these , now cows, are going to be calving soon. I know we will be making another trip to the headgate to help their calf find a tit.The calf will be in that 600 lb range again. This year they are going to hit the road and I can probably get a whopping 200 dollars for a young 5 to 6 year old cow.Hard to keep your cow numbers up. Last year a purebred breeder found out that I had 7 straws left on this bull. The bull died and his semen is now selling for 500 dollars a straw.This breeder wanted the semen really bad. I told him about the terrible udders but he didn't care. The only place I would be shooting this semen is on the ground.This breeder has done extremely well at agribition, and progeny of this bull have won classes all over including Denver and other major shows. He had to have it so I sold it to him, nowhere near the 500 dollars a straw though. Well he'll never see me or my friends in his yard again.All he wants to do is sell another bull or win another ribbon. There used to be something called breeder integrity, just hasn't showed up at his place yet. A lot of embryo flushing going on with this bull now and I see a lot of sons and daughters advertised. Just feel sorry for the commercial guy getting stuck with these cattle.Sorry to rant and rave as I know that this probably happens a lot no matter what breed or individuals in that breed. Getting close to calving just refreshes my memory.Just can't understand the lack of morals some people get while they're chasing the all holy dollar.Had too get it off my chest.Should probably stick with thinking of ways to improve my grass. Have a good one.

Similar thing happened around here a few years ago.
A cow sired some darn good, high-priced sons and garnered
quite a reputation. Some stud people went to look at the cow
because they were considering adding a son to their
bull offering. The owners quickly cut off her head so that
no one would see her terrible, absolutely horrible, udder.

Faster horses said:
Similar thing happened around here a few years ago.
A cow sired some darn good, high-priced sons and garnered
quite a reputation. Some stud people went to look at the cow
because they were considering adding a son to their
bull offering. The owners quickly cut off her head so that
no one would see her terrible, absolutely horrible, udder.

Another example for insisting upon optimal Genetics on BOTH SIDES of the pedigree.

"WHAT A TANGLED WEB WE WEAVE WHEN FIRST WE PRACTICE TO DECEIVE!"

DOC HARRIS

Look at the curves on the road and on ranchers net or is that the view? We started off with a good bull, to another good bull, some gutter business, suggestions to how a rumour can change to crooked purebred breeders, what next Pamela Anderson. She is Canadian bred, but not sure she has had a Canadian feeling for a long time. No Ralph Klien comment here!

CA

canadian angus said:
Look at the curves on the road and on ranchers net or is that the view? We started off with a good bull, to another good bull, some gutter business, suggestions to how a rumour can change to crooked purebred breeders, what next Pamela Anderson. She is Canadian bred, but not sure she has had a Canadian feeling for a long time. No Ralph Klien comment here!

CA
But, are we learning ANYTHING? That is the ultimate goal of these communications, isn't it?

DOC HARRIS

Northern Rancher, way north of me can you believe the response to your posting, here there and then where been fun with lots of posts and lookers to, wait till the next time when we talk about the stripper at the Dexter Hall, just south of Brightsand.

We can only guess!

CA

Back to Business the Freightliner's averaged right at 4,000 at Fraser's sale on Monday all to commercial oufits. The Horned Hereford's averaged $3870. One group of straight canadian bred bulls were a bit plain and brought the average down a bit.

They had some sire groups off their own bulls they A'I'ed to that sold well. The tough sellers were from an outfit with the same initials as Alcoholics Anonymous.

Not really bad per se just a bit plainer to look at with a bit more birth than the other bulls-one outfit bought most of them so he got pretty good value for his dollar.

Rainie,you may want to talk to this fellow.
http://www.buyagro.com/diamondb/main.htm
I met him last spring while walking thru a bull pen at a sale. We were both just along for the ride, and had time for a nice conversation about galloway/angus cross cows. He sounded to me like he ran a very organized operation, like most of us only dream about achieving! LOL.
I'm sure Cory or Dave are more farmiliar with him than I am, and may comment.

canadian angus said:
Very good friend of mine as was here this morning looking at the heifers were sending to Russia.

CA
I probably missed something, but what's the scoop? This sounds interesting.

Latest posts