• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

First Outs!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I think we have a continential language barrier.... Don't you call cows with a calf on them wet????? Geeze you guys give em books, give em books and what do you do with them???

Maple Leaf Angus said:
katrina said:
an old wet hereford cow. Just like greased lightening. 8) 8)
8) 8) 8)
:p

O.K., I'm going to stay safe here and just assume that she was wet because you were riding in the rain! :wink: :wink: :wink:
MapleLeaf - she didn't mean "wet" wet, she meant wet wet as in , you know, wet, like a wet "Wet" cow- - you know - wet! Sheesh - how can I explain this? - - - - a - um - - Wet means not dry! A dry cow is NOT wet. Does that make any sense?? When a cow is a dry cow it is not wet! If it is "wet" it is - - you know - - wet!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good Grief that sounds funny! :lol: :lol:

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS said:
Maple Leaf Angus said:
katrina said:
an old wet hereford cow. Just like greased lightening. 8) 8)
8) 8) 8)
:p

O.K., I'm going to stay safe here and just assume that she was wet because you were riding in the rain! :wink: :wink: :wink:
MapleLeaf - she didn't mean "wet" wet, she meant wet wet as in , you know, wet, like a wet "Wet" cow- - you know - wet! Sheesh - how can I explain this? - - - - a - um - - Wet means not dry! A dry cow is NOT wet. Does that make any sense?? When a cow is a dry cow it is not wet! If it is "wet" it is - - you know - - wet!

Truly, Doc, you have a singular way with words. Yes, I know wet is so easy to use, but it is more descriptive to say "Shesgotacalfoner"

And as much as I hate to leave this immensely informative discussion, I must go "hit the books" for a while and study up for class tomorrow.

Shoulda finished school when I was a kid . . .

Good question. Not likely that I would have viewed it the same as I do now. It seems kinda sad to see some of the other students (who, of course, are the same age as my oldest kids) just goof off and not get the value of their, or more likely, their parent's money.

There's another perk to going to college at my age. Some of the profs are younger than me so it's kinda fun to play with them a bit at times. They take it pretty good, but I have to remember that they hand out the grades at the end of the term! It's called striking a balance.

Angus and Corriente

Brangus and Watusi

or a cross of these-

Angus
Angus Hybrids
Afrikaner
Ankole
Balancer
Beefalo
Beefmaster
Belgian Blue
Belted Galloway
Blonde d'Aquitaine
Braford
Brahman
Brangus
Braunvieh
British White
BueLingo
Canadienne
Charolais
Chiangus
Chianina
Commercial
Corriente
Devon
Dexter
Droughtmaster
Galloway
Gelbvieh
Gyr
Hays Converter
Hereford
Hybridmaster
Highland
Indu-Brazilian
Limousin
Maine Anjou
Marchigiana
Miniature
Murray Grey
Nelore
Normande
Piedmontese
Pinzgauer
Polled Hereford
Red Angus
Red Brangus
Red Poll
Romagnola
Salers
Santa Cruz
Santa Gertrudis
Senepol
Shorthorn
Simbrah
Simmental
South Devon
Tarentaise
Texas Longhorn
Tuli
Wagyu
Watusi
Zebu

Kind of like horse racing, if you buy a win ticket on all you are bound to win unless you are Oldtimer and then they would probably scratch his horse. Or if you haul a few cows to the sale every week you are bound to get the high one week. Have a neighbor that does that, spends more in gas, but makes him feel better.

how would you load these bulls to haul to the sale barn. Get the chain saw out, would like to have one on my wall, a conversation piece.

http://cattle-today.com/Ankole.htm

rancher said:
how would you load these bulls to haul to the sale barn. Get the chain saw out, would like to have one on my wall, a conversation piece.

" In Africa the animals are highly prized as status symbols, for ceremonial functions and not for their productivity."

With all the hunger in Africa, they've got cattle for ceremonial functions.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeesh!

Rancher, how would you get them in the squeeze?

Mike said:
rancher said:

" In Africa the animals are highly prized as status symbols, for ceremonial functions and not for their productivity."

With all the hunger in Africa, they've got cattle for ceremonial functions.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeesh!

Rancher, how would you get them in the squeeze?

I wouldn't put them in the squeeze, I would use one of them ropes the boys up west use, they are about 2 miles long and would build a huge loop and rope him, get someone to heel and chain saw comes out. Would like to run one of them by the team ropers at the finals one time, bet they would wet their pants.

Latest posts