• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Goodbye to my friends and enemies

Help Support Ranchers.net:

nmhighdesert said:
JB, dont run off, I used to live in ND, and was born and raised in northeast MT. I know of you and who you are. I know you are a hand sir. Lots of different ways to work stuff. I been horseback in MT, ND, AZ, NM. Lots of different ways to do stuff. But the worst hands I know of are the ones that have never gotten outside of one area. They will not accept that every place and every outfit has good points a fella could pick up. Anyway, that said, stick around, if you care too.

Thank you. I appreciate that, but I am tired of lookin' over my shoulder to see if the pack is headed my way. PM me and I'll send you info on a place where the cowboys are a little thicker and when you call a man a liar, you might have to eat them words.

Yup, a man needs to get around and see how different people work their stock and nobody is going to learn everything by just staying in one place, tho' there is a lot to be learned on this site.

But this place just make s me plumb uncomfortable now.

I'll check in my pm box for a spell and this thread and then I am out of here. :)

Julie said:
Oh I'd like to read that in english Wink

Nah, don't think you would.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quick, find a transalator. Be a shame if people didn't catch the full meaning of that little quote! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Spanish is such a beautiful language, isn't it? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

montana cowgurl said:
JB, I'm so sorry that there are people that actually make you want to leave the rest of us :cry: We will definately keep in touch with you, and maybe send you some more radishes next summer :wink: Good luck to you.

And Denny, you probably don't want to know what it says in English. If AZ can't post it in English, it probably shouldn't be here.

Your a good kid and have wonderful loving parents who are good people. When you get out in the world, look around a little. It's very educational. Oh, and pick up a book and read it once in awhile. Surprizing what you can find out about things if you do. :wink:

And anytime you want to send radishes, just let me know and I'll sure take them. shoot, bring a bucnh down along with the horse trailer and take a colt home. I got one I think you'd like. :D

But only if your folks agree'd to the trade. :)

You guys, there goes my homie. :lol: 8)

Jingle, thanks for all the advice you've given me, for the good times and for the help getting through the rough patches.

You will be rememberred as the first rappign cowboy on ranchers. :wink:

Jinglebob!!
I hate to see you go because of the arrogance of one person, the same person who if he had any dignity at all would set back and realize that it was he not you that caused so many to turn against him.
A real cowboy/rancher would hang his head in shame know he had caused harm to anothe cowboy/rancher.

His no one can do it as good as me, you know nothing attiude has made him more enemies in 2 days than most people can do in a yr!

If you must leave go in peace, but it is sad to think you leave and he remains to insult your memory :mad:

Jinglebob,I think you are overeacting,this whole deal is just talk,azcowpuncher kept razzing it on,even after being warned by me in a PM,I never took anything the ole scutter said seriously,was kinda funny,like I said I took one look at the picture of him figgered him out,but never thought he was dumb enough to argue with a Lady much less a whole damn passle of em LOL :D :D :D .............good luck

PS Now forget this leaving mess,both of you.

quickdraw said:
Jinglebob!!
I hate to see you go because of the arrogance of one person, the same person who if he had any dignity at all would set back and realize that it was he not you that caused so many to turn against him.
A real cowboy/rancher would hang his head in shame know he had caused harm to anothe cowboy/rancher.

His no one can do it as good as me, you know nothing attiude has made him more enemies in 2 days than most people can do in a yr!

If you must leave go in peace, but it is sad to think you leave and he remains to insult your memory :mad:

Give it a break folks .........we sandpapered ole azcowpuncher good enough,everybody has feelings enough is enough...............good luck

Jinglebob said:
kolanuraven said:
You're a big boy JB and do what you must. But ' cut & run"....never would of thought of you! :wink: :wink:

But feeding in cold weather is one thing....causing pain and braggin' about it is something else. This was my only point and still is.

You had said once you had snuff in your eye and didn't kill you.....sure but you had 2 hands to go wash your eye out!

Honestly....the wilder these tales got the more I began to wonder if they are true.

Are you callin' O D Cleaver a liar?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't feel like it is cuttin' a running. I will just go where I will feel like the people share more of my views.

But hey, think what you want, it's still a free country where I come from. You are welcome to your opinions.

And nope, I didn't need two hands to wash my eyes out. My eyes was watering bad enough that it wasn't necessary.

Evidently some on here don';t know it is an old cowboy trick to put snoose or dirt or what have you in a cows eyes to momentarily blind her, so he has a chance to get away from her so as to not get his horse hooked.

Honestly, I am surprised by some of the comments on here about this matter.

I thought there were more people on here who knew what cowboys do in their day to day work and what they learn. Guess I thought there was a lot more knowledgeable folks on here.

If you don't like what others find necessary to do in their day to day operation, fine, but why continue to egg on and get a feller to fighting, just because he knows some things that you don't.

I can find several books that tell of cowboys doing way worse than this and as far as I know, only those uninformed and unknowledgeable people would take offense.

Go ahead, stick around and let them gang up on you Kola, you seem to thrive on it over in Political bull. Life is too short for that, for me to be a part of or watch.

Funny, I never liked to watch fist fights much either, no matter who was right or wrong.
8) Hey dust off and get back on?Truth is yu are one of to keep wife off back and busy.COWBOY UP

Jinglebob said:
After all this uproar, ganging up and backbiting, I have decided that this ain't the place for me.

I am sorry to be leaving, but I got along fine before I came here, so I imagine I will get along fine after.

I do regret that maybe I will miss out on meeting some new people, as I have made some good friends on this site and met some wonderful people here. But I have no stomache for the way things have gotten to here lately.

I quit going to Bull Session because of these very reasons and only occasionally stopped in Political Bull.

I'm sorry that there are people on here, that I think a lot of, who jumped on a guy who was only doing me a favor and passing on a story, while maybe not something that is everyday to most on here, is a very common occourance in his area where he works and lives and the livestock that he has to deal with.

Yes, things were said from both sides, but when you read anothers words, you can't always get the meaning. You don't know if they are teasing or are serious, many times.

The incident in the story that started all of this, was one incident that was blown way out of proportion.

There are lots of different area's where people run cattle and there are lots of different methods used to do the job.

When you start judging others by where and how you live, I think you are falling short. Only those who have had the exact same curcumstances in the exact same country can really get the full impart and have a real sense of what transpired.

When I speak of driving a team and wagon out to feed cattle at 25 to 30 below tempertures with 25 to 30 mph winds blowing, I suppose some think I am braggin' or lying or both. But I am not. I am only relating things that used to be a very common incident in my winters on this ranch.

I'm sure if NR reports of feeding cows at 40 to 50 below many would think he is just BS'ing. I don't. Where he lives, that is what they do. No brag, just fact and maybe some pride in the way they do things and that they have not only thrived, but survived. I suppose there were some who thought he was BS'ing when he talked of AI'ing cows on the end of a rope out in a pastyure, because they had never seen or done it themselves. I believed it.

If Jersy Lilly tells of working cows in 110 degree heat with 90 percent humidity, I believe her. It's where she lives and what they have to do, at times. And if she shows some pride in that, I sure don't think she is bragging.

I could go on and on about the different ones on here and where they live, each with some differences in the way they do things and why they do them. I take them at face value. That was what was so cool about this place. I got to experience a little bit of my world and how it is in other areas of this country and even around the world.

I got to go hunting with NR and Ty. I got to learn a lot about the way things are done in Georgia and Alabama and Arkansas and Kansas and Oklahoma, etc.

Saddly, I don't think I can enjoy this place any more. It has been tainted, to me. That is why I asked Macon to start a new room for Cowboy, about Cowboys and the stories they and we share. I am a rancher/cowboy/saddlemaker. Anyone who doesn't believe me can ask my friends and enemies. I never claimed to be the best at any of them. I never felt I ever bragged and if I did, it was in jest or someone misunderstood my meaning.

I tried not to attack or pick a fight with anyone who didn't start it. I could be wrong and just remember it wrong. I'm sure you will let me know if that was the case.

But once you pick a fight or back some of us in a corner we feel threatened and tend to respond in kind. Sorry, I guess we are only human and not perfect.

But I did enjoy sharing and reading tales of misery and woe and happiness and laughter with all you folks.

Anyone who wants or needs to contact me should check my website. It has my phone number, address, and email on it.

If anyone learns of a cowboy site, please let me know. I have heard of one and if anyone is interested, get in touch with me and I will pass that info on to cowboys and those who admire them.

It's been mostly fun while it lasted folks. So long.
:(

How many times have you run away from home,Sonny-boy?
You want me to give you a ride ,or are you going to wait for Mommy?

Jinglebob said:
greg said:
Hey dust off and get back on?Truth is yu are one of to keep wife off back and busy.COWBOY UP

Huh??????? :???:
Hes telling you your being silly,thought you were a cowboy,because I thought alot of you,until today when you chose az over evreyone else on here that also took you as a friend.

Juan said:
How many times have you run away from home,Sonny-boy?
You want me to give you a ride ,or are you going to wait for Mommy?

Sorry Juan, my Mother has been dead for several years.

Nope, never ran away from home, but I've sure decided to avoid some bars and places because of the crowd. It's much simpler in the long run. I like to hang out with folks who think like I do and don't care to gang up on people, even if they are young and maybe need a good chappin'.

If there was anything worth fighting for here, I'd stay.

No oftener than you post here, why would you care?

Or are you just trying to pick a fight. :wink:

Mrs.Greg said:
Jinglebob said:
greg said:
Hey dust off and get back on?Truth is yu are one of to keep wife off back and busy.COWBOY UP

Huh??????? :???:
Hes telling you your being silly,thought you were a cowboy,because I thought alot of you,until today when you chose az over evreyone else on here that also took you as a friend.

Sorry if that is the way he feels. I stand beside my friends, right or wrong and I aint never let one get ganged up on yet, right or wrong. Guess maybe some on here don't understand that attitude.

What if it had been you or one of my "other" friends on here? Should I have just stood aside and watched you get beat up. I don't think I can do that. Pretty amazing some of the pm's I am getting from people who read these posts, but don't write very often. Seems most think I am doing the right thing, tho' they say they too will miss me as much as I will miss them.

There are so few cowboys left in this world, I guess somebody has to stick up for them, right or wrong, and now I am gettin' a little peeved and bullheaded and scorn and attitudes ain't helping. I made my say and if people don't understand it, I'm sorry.

I won't back down.

To save problems, I'll leave, but I won't back down.

Saddest to me is one on here who was ganged up on in another place and I went to their defense and they are one who is attacking now. I guess I'll just never understand some people. :???:

Cowboy up?

Yeah, right.

Hey ya'll! You have no idea who I am, which I'm sure is fine with all of you!! :)

Now, I know you all think I'm new here, but I'm not. I have been reading Ranchers.net for a while now, I love to read about what different cattlemen and women are doing across the country and I love to look at the pictures of different cattle country across this beautiful United States!

I realize there are many, many older and wiser cattlemen and women on this forum! :D :D I also realize that if I was truely wise I would just stay out of this, however I'm not, sooooo............... :) :)

This is a place, on the internet, for folks from all over that are very, very different to get togather and be friends because they have ONE thing in common............CATTLE!!
Because we are all cattle people we can all relate to what we read, no matter how old we are or were we are from. Because we all have that ONE thing in common you all have an instant bond. We all know the hardships of cattle raising, we all know the sacrifices made. This is a place were we can all, if not understand, we can appreciate each others hardships and sacrifices.

For me this has always been a place to come and find cow people talking to each other as if they've known each other for ever. That's what is so awesome about this place, you can feel comfortable here without knowing these people because they are you're "brand" of people!! :) It almost feels like family here!
Which is probably the problem, we are all so close we're bound to have a dissagreement , just as any other family has it's problems, it's unavoidable.

I would hope that a simple little family squable between brothers and sisters in the family of cow-people won't cause anyone to leave us forever!!
So maybe someone's attitude needs ajustment, so maybe someone was out of line, so maybe we all got stirred up a little too quickly, maybe we should all take a couple deep breaths and accept each others differences, because that's the beauty of this site,

the different pieces of country

the different type's of cattle

the differences in people

It is my hope that, as family disputes often do, this will blow over. That no one's feelings got hurt, no one got offended, no one left for good, but that we all now know what can happen when all o' us cattle men and women get kinda' irritated!! :lol:

JB..... Please don't go, angus and I need you.... You keep us grounded with your level-headedness..... You and fh and Soapweed have been on here for ages and it would be a real loss for ranchersnet.. I know the forum has changed, but some of us oldtimers need each other.... It was pretty lonesome when you where gone for lent... Please give us a second chance.....

Hey JB I dont know you all that well but I have some advice...Take a few days away and let the wounds heal....its ok to take time off but to leave just makes thoughs that dislike you smile wider....I know this all to well well..Its your choice,but your good friends here will be the ones who lose....you will be gone and your enemy will be smiling..your friends are just left wondering...take a week off and then try again....time heals.

katrina said:
JB..... Please don't go, angus and I need you.... You keep us grounded with your level-headedness..... You and fh and Soapweed have been on here for ages and it would be a real loss for ranchersnet.. I know the forum has changed, but some of us oldtimers need each other.... It was pretty lonesome when you where gone for lent... Please give us a second chance.....

Well said, katrina. Ditto for me.

JB, you cannot leave, you are too much of a permanent fixture on the forum, and one of the regular posters I enjoy reading. I have unintentionaly upset a few people here and on the cattletoday site, but a few PM's have always worked to sort out the problems and leave the subject on friendly terms. I hope you will reconsider!

katrina said:

Sorry after Bull Session and Political bull, this was the third chance already.

I will miss your wit and charm, but I really must go.

Latest posts