• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Goodbye to my friends and enemies

Help Support Ranchers.net:

nonothing said:
Hey JB I dont know you all that well but I have some advice...Take a few days away and let the wounds heal....its ok to take time off but to leave just makes thoughs that dislike you smile wider....I know this all to well well..Its your choice,but your good friends here will be the ones who lose....you will be gone and your enemy will be smiling..your friends are just left wondering...take a week off and then try again....time heals.

Sorry, but I really need to go elsewhere. life has been stressful this summer and I used to come here to relax, but lately it just cranks me up and keeps me up at night.

Wounds heal, but stabs in the back take a long time.

My friends will understand and I could give a flip for my enemies.

JB, I can't believe that you AGREE with the Spanish text he wrote!

Did you even have it translated? There's nothing ' beautiful' in that!
I don't consider you a stupid retarded farmer, Internet cowboy and I hope you don't do that to sheep!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

If this guy hates farmers so bad...look close at that pic....he's not missed too many meals produced by farmers!!!!!

Honestly, I'm kinda stunned at your reaction and you dumping all your friends here, and I'm NOT including myself cause there are some people here you REALLY know, have done business with, had dinner at their home with and have known for a long time. Me, you saw me for a matter of a few hours ,one day...last year, that's low on the totem pole compared to these folks here.

Like I said before, you're a big boy and do what you must for your " pard" there, but he's letting you take the heat on this one.

I don't post here much, but there isn't many days I dont get on just to see whats new. And if this is it for Jinglebob, I just want to say i've sure enjoyed your posts and your pictures. You make some awful nice tack. There's been a lot of people that have came and went on this site, but two of the steadfast ones have been you and Soapweed. It sure won't be the same without you, but I wish you the best and hope someday you might come back. I know you're a real cowboy Jinglebob--that's big enough country in western South Dakota that you have to be to survive.

JB,

Not going to argue with you or your decisions......I have always enjoyed you and your posts...One of my best friends is a Saddle maker in Hermiston, Oregon named Rich Boyer. He learnedto make Saddles and improved on it by adjusting for how he used them when Cowboing in Central and Soutern Oregon.. I think if you ordered a Saddle from Rich today you would have to wait 2-3 years, they are very popular...I see those traits he has in you and respected your work without ever having seen it....

The Scuffle or scuffles I must of missed, but maybe that is just a difference in how people handle things....I tend to ignore a lot I disagree with and do also enjoy hearing how folks do things differently....It is hard to read tone into a post, I definetly agree with that statement..

I don't make any judgements one way or the other on where you go or don't go. Likely we will neve meet, so tis interet thing wa just a good way to get to know you better...

Just want someone I enjoy a lot to know I wish the best for him,

If you find that cowboy site, let me know......I kinda live on te edge between Large open ranches and great cattle feeding areas....So I enjoy reading about a variety of experiences,

PPRM

OK,

I was gone for a few days, I could not of missed any of that if I tried,

PPRM

I seem to recall an old episode of 'Cheers' when Norm decided it was time to start visiting another Bar, because things were getting too 'cut-throat' among the regulars. Later on of course, he came back...the 'Comaraderie' just was'nt the same anywhere else...

(...in reality 'Norm' / George (Wendt ?) had a movie project to work on elsewhere for a short time...'Arachnophobia' I think...)

I take direct responsiblity and sincerely apologize for the 'Anti-Emasculation Venom' I injected into that particular forum posting two days ago...I wish I knew how to assure all of you, that In person, none of you would believe that I'm the kind of person who would make 'ripples' of that intensity, but in reality there is NO escaping that 'Actions speak louder than words' however...

...in this case, the keyboard truly is 'mightier than the sword' in that it can apparently inflict far greater pain and agony, than the sharpest steel blade ever forged by mankind in ages past...some (myself included) feel that things were far more 'civilized' back then, compared to now...perhaps only time will tell.

I have'nt been in ranching that long...but for the time I've been involved, I see changes that I don't like. I made my statements...I stand by my words...and I stand ashamed.

Jinglebob, I do believe I agree with some of the others that you were one of the voices of reason on here, and I always looked forward to your wisdom and experience ringing through loud and clear from the perspective of a true "Man's Man", the Western Cowboy. I respect your decision, but will certainly take the time to look at your website and get your e-mail address. Take care of yourself and that family.

The only other thing I want to add, is that I see no reason why all the guff that led you to this decision couldn't have been stopped by a firm warning after the first page or 2 from Macon. In my opinion, that's what a moderator ought to be doing, moderating the threads that get carried away, BEFORE PEOPLE GET OFFENDED AND LEAVE. Without solid, loyal members, what's the sense of having a forum?

The only other thing I want to add, is that I see no reason why all the guff that led you to this decision couldn't have been stopped by a firm warning after the first page or 2 from Macon. In my opinion, that's what a moderator ought to be doing, moderating the threads that get carried away, BEFORE PEOPLE GET OFFENDED AND LEAVE.

I TOTALLY disagree.

Macon does a good job of letting everyone here be themselves........... ADULTS!

Although this is the most childish thread EVER on Ranchers.net. :roll:

Concerning the BruHaHa of recent days, some how I resisted the urge to jump into the middle of it. Even though I have some strong opinions on what was said, I'm sure glad I stayed out of it!

It is impossible to take back something that is said in haste... especially on the internet. Your words shape your character and the image that everyone has of you.

Won't it be a relief and a breath of fresh air when Soapweed gets back from his trip and we start seeing his beautiful photos of ordinary ranch life again?

I for one can not wait.

JF Ranch said:
Concerning the BruHaHa of recent days, some how I resisted the urge to jump into the middle of it. Even though I have some strong opinions on what was said, I'm sure glad I stayed out of it!

It is impossible to take back something that is said in haste... especially on the internet. Your words shape your character and the image that everyone has of you.

Won't it be a relief and a breath of fresh air when Soapweed gets back from his trip and we start seeing his beautiful photos of ordinary ranch life again?

I for one can not wait.

:agree: :agree: :agree:

Mike said:
The only other thing I want to add, is that I see no reason why all the guff that led you to this decision couldn't have been stopped by a firm warning after the first page or 2 from Macon. In my opinion, that's what a moderator ought to be doing, moderating the threads that get carried away, BEFORE PEOPLE GET OFFENDED AND LEAVE.

I TOTALLY disagree.

Macon does a good job of letting everyone here be themselves........... ADULTS!

Although this is the most childish thread EVER on Ranchers.net. :roll:

Fair enough Mike. As adults you and I can agree to disagree. I think Macon does his job very well, also. But in cases like this it wouldn't take five minutes to throw in a warning for everyone to cool it, and the moderator would have moderated the situation to keep it moderate, instead of ....un-moderate??? :wink: Remember, JMHO, and I certainly respect yours.

azcowpuncher said:
verte mas adelante todo tú las cogidas estúpidas del granjero, esperar que tienes un buen thumbin de la vida cada otros asno y vaquero del Internet del playin que tú los individuos son el la mayoría retarted a gente he satisfecho siempre con el acception para algunos pero para los mayores adios de la parte tu manojo de ovejas que violaban gunsels
A kind lady interpeted this for me,trust me,the english post was way nicer :?

JF Ranch said:

I for one can not wait.

You should have come along on the birthday trip. They are your cousins to aren't they?

Doesn't sound like you Dad stays home home long enough to help you much. :wink: I sure enjoy my visits with him. Maybe before to long I can get to visit Soap and get over and see that great mare in the flesh. Your dad is sure proud of her. :)

Well Jinglebob, We hate to see you leave, you have contributed much to this forum and still have much to contribute. You will probaly be more comfortable on a cowboy forum. I believe you want to promote and explain the cowboy way of doing things and his way of life. I have no problem with that.

The oldtime cowboy worked with wild and unruley cattle, some had never ever seem man or horse. He learned that there were ways he had to work these. ways that many people today would frown on. The same goes for open range cattle in some places today. It is a case of man over beast, sometime he even gets a bit to far carried away. There are some people who like to hear these things and like to see the macho cowboy, some do not. Ranchers net is a mixed group of these people, I guess that is what I like about it, we all have different viewpoints.

To me there are cowboys and cattlemen, then there are those who are in between. There are those who say I'll just show the old critter who is boss. I have seen so many times where those macho cowboys did things that turned out really bad. I have seen cattle getting crippled up or people getting hurt when just a little time taken to have thought the situation over would have done the trick.

I have seen so called cowboys go to extremes to get a sulky cow or steer up and going, and have seen cases where these die. Yes I have done this myself. Often there is a reason why an animal gets sulky, maybe the stress of handling them get over whelming.

I will mention one case in particular. A neighbor was bringing his cows home from pasture one fall. He had several unexpected problems along the way, but one cow got to where she would hardly drive, got on the fight and all that. He finally brought her into our corral and tried to load her in the trailer. She got as far as the gate then balked again and wouldn't get up. My brother told him to just leave her until the next morning and let her setle down. But the cowboy mentality set in and he was determined she would get loaded. Well, to make the story short, she never did get up. The only way she got out of the gate was after he hooked a chain on her and pulled her dead carcass over the hill.

Big Muddy rancher said:
You should have come along on the birthday trip. They are your cousins to aren't they?

Doesn't sound like you Dad stays home home long enough to help you much. :wink: I sure enjoy my visits with him. Maybe before to long I can get to visit Soap and get over and see that great mare in the flesh. Your dad is sure proud of her. :)

Yep, I'm just as related as Soapweed, but it did not work out for me to go along this time.

The mare is gorgeous and I'd love to show her to you. 'Sure hope you can get down here sometime!

Mrs.Greg said:
azcowpuncher said:
verte mas adelante todo tú las cogidas estúpidas del granjero, esperar que tienes un buen thumbin de la vida cada otros asno y vaquero del Internet del playin que tú los individuos son el la mayoría retarted a gente he satisfecho siempre con el acception para algunos pero para los mayores adios de la parte tu manojo de ovejas que violaban gunsels

To think that Jinglebob would want to be associated with the kind of person that talks like that, Especially on a forum that young adults and ladies frequent.
A real classy person NOT
Kinda makes me ashamed to know that it represents my STATE in even in the smallest degree.
I apologize to the rest of the forum if i was out of line in any way, with my statements.

quickdraw said:
Mrs.Greg said:
azcowpuncher said:

To think that Jinglebob would want to be associated with the kind of person that talks like that, Especially on a forum that young adults and ladies frequent.
A real classy person NOT
Kinda makes me ashamed to know that it represents my STATE in even in the smallest degree.
I apologize to the rest of the forum if i was out of line in any way, with my statements.

One of the advantages of being a dummy-- I don't understand a word of Mexican :wink: :lol:
And on top of that over the years, I'm sure I've been called much worse than this.... :lol:

As I read this thread, I see a lot of things that aren't the true nature of people I have come to know.....

Clarenc, some of that is why i like to work cattle alone. Truly, several weeks ago, I sorted out 4 calves that had escaped into a nieghbor pasture. The nieghbor pasture was abot 30 put together broken mouth pairs of differing dipostions. Some tail head lifters that run off and some deader than heck cattle..

My friend had tried helping before and got them running....Small 40 acre pasture mind you....

It took me a couple of hors to get this done,but when I was done, they stayed bunched and watched me to figure out where to go....I can guarentee you next time I go to handle them, they will handle easy.....

I can think of a few things, maybe another thread....What I was going to say was maybe some of the stories are more appropriate to another forum...I remember JB saying to a young lady something to the effect someone should wash her mouth out with water. So, I would guess he does not necessarily generally endorse what I would guess the Spanish says, I dunno.....

In my mind, the best way to fight any negativity on a forum starts with posting positive things yourself....

PPRM

Latest posts