• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Goodbye to my friends and enemies

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Clarencen said:
Well Jinglebob, We hate to see you leave, you have contributed much to this forum and still have much to contribute. You will probaly be more comfortable on a cowboy forum. I believe you want to promote and explain the cowboy way of doing things and his way of life. I have no problem with that.

The oldtime cowboy worked with wild and unruley cattle, some had never ever seem man or horse. He learned that there were ways he had to work these. ways that many people today would frown on. The same goes for open range cattle in some places today. It is a case of man over beast, sometime he even gets a bit to far carried away. There are some people who like to hear these things and like to see the macho cowboy, some do not. Ranchers net is a mixed group of these people, I guess that is what I like about it, we all have different viewpoints.

To me there are cowboys and cattlemen, then there are those who are in between. There are those who say I'll just show the old critter who is boss. I have seen so many times where those macho cowboys did things that turned out really bad. I have seen cattle getting crippled up or people getting hurt when just a little time taken to have thought the situation over would have done the trick.

I have seen so called cowboys go to extremes to get a sulky cow or steer up and going, and have seen cases where these die. Yes I have done this myself. Often there is a reason why an animal gets sulky, maybe the stress of handling them get over whelming.

I will mention one case in particular. A neighbor was bringing his cows home from pasture one fall. He had several unexpected problems along the way, but one cow got to where she would hardly drive, got on the fight and all that. He finally brought her into our corral and tried to load her in the trailer. She got as far as the gate then balked again and wouldn't get up. My brother told him to just leave her until the next morning and let her setle down. But the cowboy mentality set in and he was determined she would get loaded. Well, to make the story short, she never did get up. The only way she got out of the gate was after he hooked a chain on her and pulled her dead carcass over the hill.

I sure appreciate you posting this on here.

I just wish it had come along a lot sooner.

You sir, like some on here, are a prince among men.

Take care and drop me an email or a phone call sometime. :)

Thank those of you for your kind words. I wish this had turned out different. Remember, i posted and asked Macon to start a new thread for and about cowboys. I put no blame on him. I'm sure he is a busy man.

and I don't believe in censorship. i believe that a man lives and dies by his word.

i don't need a written contract with those i associate with. Many on these boards i consider true friends and only wish we lived closer together to see each other more often or eve for th first time.

I have recieved more pm's trhan I care to reply to, tho' I did, and many are people whoi used to post on here or have only read as they were afrid to speak up or speak out. I find that sad, that a few can keep many away from true discourse, for fear of being attacked. I learned to expect it in bull Session and then Political but, but on Ranch talk? :shock:

There are many on here who would be welcomed to my home. I hope they know who they are. others would be met at the door with a shotgun and asked to leave.

We are all sinners and it is sad when one sinner attacks another because they sinned worse.

We are all free people and without freedom of speech we are close to totalitarianism.

I imagine even many of the Nazi's thought they were dojung the right thing at one time until they found out that many would not stand for it.

Burn bridges and books, for you will not need them.

As to Az last post, yes, I got a translation and tho' in poor taste, it was very very funny to me.

sorry, I'm just a dumb ol' grassfarmer folks who admires cowboys and the pride they have (tho many times misplaced) and wouldn't give two hoots in hell for one who wouldn't stand up for himself when he thinks he is being ganged up on.

I styick by my friewnd, right or wqrong, in those coinditions and am amazed that anyone would question it or wonder why.

Sad, so sad.

I guess I am just a throwback.

As of this posting, I will no longer respond so throw your spears and shoot your arrows.

I will go to join those others who have found this to be a place where there is no longer comfort and joy.

Best widshes to all of my friends on here.

And to my foes and the naysayers, I've love to have you drop in sometime. :twisted:

I'm sure we could find something to do that at least one of us would enjoy! :lol:

WOW I just joined this website and I already convinced that there are some real jerks out there. But I already knew that I got neighbors the same way but I put up with most of them. I thought only real people worth their spit would join a site like this especially after agreeing with the rules posted

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned without notice (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or lock any topic at any time should they see fit. Any information you enter is stored in a database and while this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent Cattle Today, Inc. cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised

I haven't had much time to spend on here lately and only came across this thread tonight. Jinglebob, I understand exactly what you're doing. This used to be a place to get together with friends and neighbors to talk over the things that concerned us in the ranching business, show each other pictures and share stories of the events that shaped our lives.

I don't know why, but while there are still a lot of the folks we've exchanged pieces of our lives with, lately there are several folks posting here that not only don't understand the way we live our lives, our "code of the west" as it were, that it's just not much fun for some of us who have better things to do than to swap insults and whine.

I've enjoyed reading the things you're posted through the years and count you among many friends on this board. Yes, I'll miss you, but I can't say I blame you for leaving. I don't enjoy it much myself anymore, although I'll continue to check in here once in a while just to see what's happening.

We'll miss you old friend. :(

Liberty Belle said:
I haven't had much time to spend on here lately and only came across this thread tonight. Jinglebob, I understand exactly what you're doing. This used to be a place to get together with friends and neighbors to talk over the things that concerned us in the ranching business, show each other pictures and share stories of the events that shaped our lives.

I don't know why, but while there are still a lot of the folks we've exchanged pieces of our lives with, lately there are several folks posting here that not only don't understand the way we live our lives, our "code of the west" as it were, that it's just not much fun for some of us who have better things to do than to swap insults and whine.

I've enjoyed reading the things you're posted through the years and count you among many friends on this board. Yes, I'll miss you, but I can't say I blame you for leaving. I don't enjoy it much myself anymore, although I'll continue to check in here once in a while just to see what's happening.

We'll miss you old friend. :(

The ranchers net is like an old friend to me and I hate to see people that have made it a great place to visit leave.
I sometimes run across stuff I don't like on here and people have posted things I don't like but I just pay them no atention and move on. If I get insulted I often just don''t respond.
A part of life is getting along with those that you disagree with.
JB please stay in touch and I hope to see you some time.

JB, I'm sorry to see you go, too. :( I have enjoyed your posts and pictures immensely, and will miss your humor around here.

Guess this'll teach me to take the weekend off, huh?

Good luck, and thanks again for everything you've done for me! :cboy:

((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Will miss you, JB. We don't go to ranchers.net much, either. It's not like it used to be. Probably why I've found other things to do than sitting in front of the computer. Today is an exception. We have addresses and email addresses and phone numbers of those on here we really care about.

You take care, JB

Hanta Yo

PS I guess we need to plant some more radishes?

This whole deal is udderly amazing to me. So many people who call themselves ranchers cant recognize bulls---- when its trown at them!!!!
I kept saying I would stay out of this but when it's back at the top this pm I cant help myself.
J.B. is doi8ng the right thing, but for the wrong reason.

HOLY MOLEY!!!!!!!!!! I leave to see my ailing dad in North Dakota for 3 days and I come back to THIS???!!!???!!! Still not sure what all the hubbub was about as I have not seen the "problem post", but I am sure heartbroken that it has resulted the way it has!!!
JB---we have come to regard you as a friend and a true cattleman!!! Whatever your FINAL decision, know that you leave behind folks who truly think the world of you!! Myself being only ONE of them!!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Before you leave I want to thank you for all your good advise, especially how to cut the bead out of an earthmover tire. You not only made my day you made my year and my operation better. I wanted to post a picture of my sled dogs running around in circles and me drinking a brew in a lawn chair, while manufacturing feed bunks. I don't know what happened here because I haven't looked in for awhile, but I want everyone to know how much I appreciated you posts. You we're the one I really tuned in on. You'll be missed. I learned a long time ago how futile it is to argue with morons on the internet. You just can't win.

Jinglebob: I am sorry to see you go. You are the last of a dieing breed and we all can learn much from your experiences. I don't post much but try to read your posts. You are a man of your word. So long pard you will be missed.

Jinglebob said:
Thank those of you for your kind words. I wish this had turned out different. Remember, i posted and asked Macon to start a new thread for and about cowboys. I put no blame on him. I'm sure he is a busy man.

and I don't believe in censorship. i believe that a man lives and dies by his word.

i don't need a written contract with those i associate with. Many on these boards i consider true friends and only wish we lived closer together to see each other more often or eve for th first time.

I have recieved more pm's trhan I care to reply to, tho' I did, and many are people whoi used to post on here or have only read as they were afrid to speak up or speak out. I find that sad, that a few can keep many away from true discourse, for fear of being attacked. I learned to expect it in bull Session and then Political but, but on Ranch talk? :shock:

There are many on here who would be welcomed to my home. I hope they know who they are. others would be met at the door with a shotgun and asked to leave.

We are all sinners and it is sad when one sinner attacks another because they sinned worse.

We are all free people and without freedom of speech we are close to totalitarianism.

I imagine even many of the Nazi's thought they were dojung the right thing at one time until they found out that many would not stand for it.

Burn bridges and books, for you will not need them.

As to Az last post, yes, I got a translation and tho' in poor taste, it was very very funny to me.

sorry, I'm just a dumb ol' grassfarmer folks who admires cowboys and the pride they have (tho many times misplaced) and wouldn't give two hoots in hell for one who wouldn't stand up for himself when he thinks he is being ganged up on.

I styick by my friewnd, right or wqrong, in those coinditions and am amazed that anyone would question it or wonder why.

Sad, so sad.

I guess I am just a throwback.

As of this posting, I will no longer respond so throw your spears and shoot your arrows.

I will go to join those others who have found this to be a place where there is no longer comfort and joy.

Best widshes to all of my friends on here.

And to my foes and the naysayers, I've love to have you drop in sometime. :twisted:

I'm sure we could find something to do that at least one of us would enjoy! :lol:

I find all this humorous...not the substance of it, but the fact that so many over here in 'ranch talk' criticize the 'bull session' for this very thing. This is a forum with people of strong opinions and principles...strong disagreements are going to happen...get over it!!! Running and hiding isn't at option if you believe in your principles.

JB, reread your post here...your actions contradict so much of what you say in it. If you leave, who is going to defend the cowboy principles you love??? Who are you running out on????

I haven't read all the post, but I did read Az's story...two things to think about.

As someone pointed out, PETA and there ilk will us something like this against us.

Two, wild cattle are responsible for the vast majority of bad eating experiences for the public...and that effects all of us.

I don't know if you are still reading these JB, but I hope you are. I hope a little time off from this helps to change your perspective a little, at least enough to keep you coming around a little. The forum without you would be a diminished place to say the least. I may not agree with you on some things, but I respect your opinion on all things.

I wasn't going to weigh in on Copenhagengate, but I suppose I will. My dad tells a story from back in the late 50's when he and his dad were running some cattle on shares here with some of their own. Turns out some of the share cattle were pretty tough to move and keep under wire. One cow was particularily bad, a real bunch quitting fence crawling old so and so... One day while trying to move these cows this crittur quit the bunch, ran through the fence, and took several with her. Grandpa roped her, choked her down, and rubbed Copenhagen in her eyes. (sounds kinda familiar, eh?). Apparently when she got up she had a brand new attitude, headed right for the middle of the herd and was never a problem again.
I guess you use the tools you have at hand to get the job done.... adapt, improvise, overcome.

Latest posts