• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

HMW (gay rights)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

reader (the Second) said:
About the least romantic discussion of the birds and the bees I've heard of.
I kind of imagined he was explaining the process R2 , not trying to seduce his children. I'm supprised he told them anything since they were farm kids.

Soapweed said:
That's comparing bananas to peaches, and is quite irrelevant. Years ago I gave my boys a "birds and bees" talk, and used an extension cord for my object lesson. It is really quite basic, the male end of the cord fits nicely into the female end. Male to male doesn't work, and neither does female to female. Any further interpretation of the facts of life is very much unwarranted. :shock:

How is it irrelevant to ask someone to look at a situation from someone elses side?

Yeah I got a sex talk like that too. :lol:

Red Robin said:
CattleRMe said:
Red Robin said:
The act of homosexuality makes you a homosexual.

Umm no a homosexual is Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.A homosexual person; a gay man or a lesbian.
My understanding is that a homosexual has sexual orientation to persons of the same sex it says nothing about having sex with another of the same sex.

Homosexuality is sexual activity with another of the same sex.

So back to my question how can a straight man be attracted to another man and not be a homosexual? :???:
If you prefer, I'll concede. I'm out of my area here. I have no idea. I guess that makes homosexuals guilty of lust and the gruesome act of an attempt at some preverted type of intercorse. You got me.

I think we'd all be guilty lust. :eek: :shock:
Who is to judge what is appropriate intercorse and what isn't? What I think is fine and dandy you all might think is sick and wrong or vice versa. Please no details what happens in the bedroom stays in the bedroom.

Gone are the good old days on Ranchers.Net, when the biggest arguements were Angus vs. Herefords. :wink:

For what it's worth, Reader 2, you remind me of Barbra Streisand. The extension cord was just a common sense illustration, no more no less.

Here are some more ponderings about homosexuals. Lust is wrong in any way, shape or form. It's wrong to lust after your neighbor's new pickup or his wife. It is proper for a man and a woman to "unite" but only if they are married. It is not proper to steal another man's woman. It is not proper for a man to lust after another man, or for a woman to lust after another woman.

You folks that think homosexuals should have equal sexual rights as a married man and woman, are only fooling yourselves. What about a man lusting after his favorite ewe in the sheep herd? Where do you draw the line?

God declares homosexuality to be an "abomination". The definition of abomination is:
noun: an action that is vicious or vile; an action that arouses disgust or abhorence
noun: a person who is loathsome or disgusting
noun: hate coupled with disgust
God sets up these guidelines, not to be the Mean Man of the Sky, but because he loves us. He wants to guide and direct us, for our own good, and for our own happiness. For any deviations of His Plan, we just set ourselves up to suffer the consequences, and the pain and misery that are involved.

I think you folks are also mixing up true same-sex friendship with sexual perversion. Yes, it is possible for two men to have a very strong relationship, to be kindred spirits, to almost know how each other thinks, and to be bonded in nearly every way except for having sex with each other. It is the same way with women, as far as being close kindred spirits, but any sexual attraction is a perversion. Army buddies who are soldiers serving in a war could be a prime example of this close relationship.

Let's get back to arguing about the virtues and drawbacks of Angus and Herefords.

They are tolerant of evil and sin. Intolerant of conviction and morality.

Again, you're confusing your opinion with fact.
Or perhaps you're trying to be God, I'm not sure which.

I think bigotry and discrimination are sins. And can quote you Biblical passages that support me.

More importantly, if you're so worried about not being tolerant of sins, why aren't you working to outlaw divorce or interfaith marriages? The Bible is really clear on both subjects.
confused-smiley-013.gif

The Bible is a Christian's moral compass. And if you've ever used a compass, you know that you can't hand it to someone and expect it to point in the exact same direction for them as it does for you unless they're standing on top of you.

Last I checked, judgement day involves God, Christ and the judged. No where in my Bible does it say anything about Red Robin.

I don't know about you, but I have faith that God will judge the just and the unjust, as He has promised. I don't need to do it for Him.

Laws are meant to protect those who can't protect themselves. That criteria falls short by saying that employers can fire people for being gay.

We all need a certain amount of discipline in our lives. That is one think that is sadly lacking in us as a society today, IMO.

We had a young man working for us that was just the best. He wanted to get into law school and asked that we write a letter of recommendation for him. I listed all the words I thought described this young man and included them all in a letter. I was really proud of what I wrote and took it to his father for him to read. He called me up later and said that was a fine letter I wrote, but one thing was left out that without it, the rest of what I wrote was meaningless.

Of course I asked him what it was.

His reply?

"SELF-DISCIPLINE."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soapweed, I want to commend you on what I consider an excellent post. Thank you.

Soapweed said:
Gone are the good old days on Ranchers.Net, when the biggest arguements were Angus vs. Herefords. :wink:

Let's get back to arguing about the virtues and drawbacks of Angus and Herefords.

I think you can find that in ranch talk. :wink:

I'm still wondering why inter-faith marriages are legal. Or divorces. Or worse! Why are atheists allowed to marry. They don't believe in God at all!

And while we're legislating morality, let's outlaw (and enforce) adultery, drinking (try again, maybe the second time is a charm) dancing, cards, the wearing of jewelry, women with their hair in view, etc, etc..

All of this things are in the Bible as sins. Most in the New Testament.

If you don't want to outlaw these things, it would seem you're picking and choosing which parts of the Bible you want to follow...
Is that a lack of conviction or self-discipline? Perhaps you have loose morals?

reader (the Second) said:
theHiredMansWife said:
I'm still wondering why inter-faith marriages are legal. Or divorces. Or worse! Why are atheists allowed to marry. They don't believe in God at all!

And while we're legislating morality, let's outlaw (and enforce) adultery, drinking (try again, maybe the second time is a charm) dancing, cards, the wearing of jewelry, women with their hair in view, etc, etc..

If you don't want to outlaw these things, it would seem you're picking and choosing which parts of the Bible you want to follow...

For that matter, I was looking at a list of what was not allowed last night and shaking hands with a woman is taboo as well. Looking at a woman who is not your wife. Showing physical affection to your wife except in privacy is taboo. Women without their hair covered are taboo. She must either wear a wig or a hat/scarf and no hair can show. Shaving the hair is one way to go to make sure a man who is not her husband doesn't see her hair. Sex with your wife for a week or more after her period is forbidden and she must have gone to a ritual bath to remove the impurity of menstruation before you can resume relations. Sex for 1 month after a male baby, 3 months after a female baby (they're more impure I guess), dancing is out as good Baptists know. Women and men cannot sit together during dinner parties, religious services, and cannot be educated together.

Now that's self-discipline. I admire such self-discipline but they are very consistent in following the commandments and laws. And above all no "evil tongue" -- speaking ill of others Anonymous charity. Humility and kindness towards others. Compassion.
:D

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Makes one wonder who here can say no to every one of those points?

Oh and how many of you had premarital sex isn't that a sin?? :???:

March 4, 2006

Sat Mar 4, 6:20 AM ET

SANTA ROSA, Calif. - A longtime Presbyterian minister who was the first of her faith to be tried for officiating at the unions of gay couples was acquitted Friday of violating her denomination's position on same-sex marriage.

A regional judicial commission of the Presbyterian Church (USA) ruled 6-1 that the Rev. Jane Spahr of San Rafael acted within her rights as an ordained minister when she married two lesbian couples in 2004 and 2005.

Because the section of the faith's constitution that reserves marriage for a man and a woman "is a definition, not a directive," Spahr was "acting within her right of conscience in performing marriage ceremonies for same-sex couples," the tribunal said in a written ruling.

"The church said God loved everyone, and for years I believed it," she said. "Today, for just one moment, to hear this is remarkable."

The marriages are not legally recognized.

ok this question is for soapweed,cause he makes it fun here.......your against homosexaulity because of the bible....but where in the bible does it say chicks cant get it on together.....is girl on girl action unexceptable to?

nonothing said:
ok this question is for soapweed,cause he makes it fun here.......your against homosexaulity because of the bible....but where in the bible does it say chicks cant get it on together.....is girl on girl action unexceptable to?

Romans 1:26-27. "That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved."

Romans 1:28-32. "When they refused to acknowledge God, He abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior and gossip. They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They are forever inventing new ways of sinning and are disobedient to their parents. They refuse to understand, break their promises, and are heartless and unforgiving. They are fully aware of God's death penalty for those who do these things, yet they go right ahead and do them anyway. And, worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too."

theHiredMansWife said:

HMW, Well, I sure don't claim to be much of a Bible scholar, but I never heard or read where most of your list is mentioned as sins. {Are you sure you're not a closet Methodist? :)}I will need to have you point me to where any of those except for adultery is forbidden in either the Old or New testament. If you are going to do so, be sure that you can exegete and understand the context of your passage. Otherwise, you are not going to do much for your credibility.

Reader, because I do not want to experience a lessening of my respect for your intellect and wit, I am asking that you provide the same evidence for your postulations as HMW. Some of them were pretty extreme. Be sure to do your research thoroughly.

If you folks want to thump Bibles to support either side of this debate, you darn well better know what you are talking about.

Soapweed said:
nonothing said:

Romans 1:26-27. "That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved."

Romans 1:28-32. "When they refused to acknowledge God, He abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done. Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior and gossip. They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful. They are forever inventing new ways of sinning and are disobedient to their parents. They refuse to understand, break their promises, and are heartless and unforgiving. They are fully aware of God's death penalty for those who do these things, yet they go right ahead and do them anyway. And, worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too."

Ya, well Soap, that's kinda clear. It nails the homosexual issue, but also the unforgiveness issue with which so many of us struggle.

CattleRMe said:
Does the Bible even discuss sex being ok except to make babies?

Proverbs 5:15-21. "Drink water from your own well--share your love only with your wife. Why spill the water of your springs in public, having sex with just anyone? You should reserve it for yourselves. Don't share it with strangers.

Let your wife be a fountain of blessing for you. Rejoice in the wife of your youth. She is a loving doe, a graceful deer. Let her breasts satisfy you always. May you always be captivated by her love. Why be captivated, my son, with an immoral woman, or embrace the breasts of an adulterous woman?

For the Lord sees clearly what a man does, examining every path he takes."

Hebrews 13:4. "Give honor to marriage, and remain faithful to one another in marriage. God will surely judge people who are immoral and those who commit adultery."

And then there is the topic "sex within marriage is meant to be a delight" which is found in Song of Songs 4:1-16. You can look it up. It's too long to type. :wink:

Soapweed said:
CattleRMe said:
Does the Bible even discuss sex being ok except to make babies?

Proverbs 5:15-21. "Drink water from your own well--share your love only with your wife. Why spill the water of your springs in public, having sex with just anyone? You should reserve it for yourselves. Don't share it with strangers.

Let your wife be a fountain of blessing for you. Rejoice in the wife of your youth. She is a loving doe, a graceful deer. Let her breasts satisfy you always. May you always be captivated by her love. Why be captivated, my son, with an immoral woman, or embrace the breasts of an adulterous woman?

For the Lord sees clearly what a man does, examining every path he takes."

Hebrews 13:4. "Give honor to marriage, and remain faithful to one another in marriage. God will surely judge people who are immoral and those who commit adultery."

And then there is the topic "sex within marriage is meant to be a delight" which is found in Song of Songs 4:1-16. You can look it up. It's too long to type. :wink:

Thank you I was wondering if the Bible discussed it and to what extent and figured from your posts you would be the one to ask.

Latest posts