• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

No Market Here (all City Foke)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

OldDog/NewTricks

Reaction score
I have 10' X 8' left to clean-out in the container (Barn) - - Heavy Chains - Electrical Stuff - Saddles - More Horseee stuff
If I haft to give it away I'll give it to friends or Kin - even if it cost me postage...
The only thing I Question My Power River Fencing and the ANVIL - - That's 85 lbs + with all the shoeing tools could = 100± lbs
GOD - I'm find ing stuff with the price tag still on it!
Horse stuff, Cattle stuff, Sheep Stuff, Fencing Stuff, Chains, Platform Scales, Power River Fittings, 12' to 16' panels and Gates, 4' Gates, Welder, Leather Tools, and Sewing Mach and a 12 stock Trailer full of Tools... :!: :roll:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Wish you were closer. :D

How far would you be from BBroo or Jeff in California?

It's to bad somebody couldn't get some use out of that stuff.
:?

Think your Mack would make it to California, up to the chilcotin and back home again? We could run down there, pick it up, dicker on who gets what until we get here and then you could take the rest home. :lol:

gcreekrch said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

Think your Mack would make it to California, up to the chilcotin and back home again? We could run down there, pick it up, dicker on who gets what until we get here and then you could take the rest home. :lol:

Ya but the anvil would have to sit on your lap all the way home. :lol: :lol:

gcreekrch said:
That would probably be safer than me driving your truck. :wink:
Hey I have one of those professional driving licences. Maybe I should come along to team drive and supervise. I used to have a KW cab-over and own a Mac so I should have enough of the appropriate experience.

per said:
gcreekrch said:
That would probably be safer than me driving your truck. :wink:
Hey I have one of those professional driving licences. Maybe I should come along to team drive and supervise. I used to have a KW cab-over and own a Mac so I should have enough of the appropriate experience.

Sounds good. I'll ride in the back and sort the stuff I want. :p

You guys can fight over the anvil as I already have a 100 lber. :D

It sounds like there could be a few allocation issues so I will offer to go as the broker.

Gcreek, you could use a spare anvil since there are reports from the Chilicotin that says that some days you could tear up an anvil with a screw driver . . . :wink: :wink: J/K

OD/NT, You have a lot of interesting stuff - sounds like you have a real treasure trove there! When one neighbor moved out from his one house, we were the "beneficiaries" of quite a bit of his stuff, some of which were not exactly treasures. :? Every time he came to our place for eggs he would bring another selection along . . .

You sound practically multi-generational. I am the 5th generation on this place, and we have stuff that became junk, moved on to antique and is becoming useful again. Don't let these guys sucker you out of your stuff... :lol:
Actually in all seriousness there was a bad habit developed where the farm became a dumping ground for previous generations who had previously lived here. We put some classifieds out and had a junk dealer clean most of the yard, sold a bunch of less than useful stuff and are nearly done cleaning up. We still get stunned looks when we tell our relations that we don't have a "dump" or a junk pile anymore. Particularly galling when the proper dump by town (5 minutes vs 35 minutes away) is FREE!!! :roll:

RSL said:
You sound practically multi-generational. I am the 5th generation on this place, and we have stuff that became junk, moved on to antique and is becoming useful again. Don't let these guys sucker you out of your stuff... :lol:
Actually in all seriousness there was a bad habit developed where the farm became a dumping ground for previous generations who had previously lived here. We put some classifieds out and had a junk dealer clean most of the yard, sold a bunch of less than useful stuff and are nearly done cleaning up. We still get stunned looks when we tell our relations that we don't have a "dump" or a junk pile anymore. Particularly galling when the proper dump by town (5 minutes vs 35 minutes away) is FREE!!! :roll:

Kind of the way it was here. If there was any benefit to our barn fire a few years ago, it was clearing out the stuff that a few family members had deposited here over the years. :? But there was more stuff of value lost than we gained.

But it is strange how if one stores old junk long enough, some of it actually becomes useful again!

One man's junk is another man's treasure. You would be surprised how many people would like to sort through your old stuff, and what someone might think is valuable.

I have 90 years of old stuff around here. Much of the real old is gone though. I have an old metal cigar box setting right in front of me now it says 5 cent straight portage a mild combination. I remember sorting through junk in that old cigar box before I was in grade school. I have a Billy Bear can settiing here, I put pencils in it, not so old I guess, but how many of them are still around. Heck, most people don't even remember who Billy was.

I have been cleaning up in Spring like weather we have been around here. I have to do while wife is at her job. She like to load everything. I keep what I think is the good stuff. Probably have to go through it again in 5 years and toss it then. Old Dog when you put out the free sign I might venture to your piece of heaven and take a look

Big Muddy rancher said:
gcreekrch said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

Ya but the anvil would have to sit on your lap all the way home. :lol: :lol:

Swing in here and i will go with ya to act as guide and interperter when you cross the California line! :D When we get loaded up, let's swing by Haymaker's place and offer that sweet young lady and her buck a ride home as well. Just trying to be helpful. :wink:

don't think we need a truck, more like a greyhound bus pulling a trailer :lol: :lol:
that's a road trip i'd like to be in on :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

about 20 years ago I saw a Barn Sale Sign Decided to check it out - Ol Timer was the X Herdsman at the Hurst Ranch - as I set there "it was My Though Everyone was trying to Rip-Him-Off - I told him so...

He had a Figaroha(sp) Silver Bit ($3500) that I liked - he offered it to me for $200 even tho I told him it's worth - I was short on Cash and went back Friday (payday) to pick-it-up and pay him - He gave me several rifles, anvil, saddle and a whole sh*t Pot full of stuff for my $200 - - - he said I was the only one that had not tried to rip him a new one...

I'm still sorting my stuff out - -it's mostly all in a 18' overseas shipping container - I call my barn now...

hayguy said:
don't think we need a truck, more like a greyhound bus pulling a trailer :lol: :lol:

I can see a bit of potential . . . :lol:

katrina said:
burnt said:
hayguy said:

I can see a bit of potential . . . :lol:

pick me up!!

No we can only handle a BIT of potential . . . :wink: :lol2:

In a shipping container? Why don't you just send it up to my place and everybody can come here for a redistribution? :D The weather is lovely! :nod:

Latest posts