• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Texans???

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Political correctness is eliminating humor from society. Only derogatory remarks made to Christians are PC.

GF, you bring up the N word...you ever listened to Richard Pryor???? Do you understand who uses the N word excessively in everyday conversation?

I understand Lilly just fine...I speak Southern!!! :D
And as Lewis Grizzard says, " God speaks like us."

Grassfarmer said:
Exactly Justin. I actually agree with the poster on the topic of difficulty understanding some people that are employed as telemarketers because of their linguistic skills. I certainly agree with Soapweeds post that Christmas should be retained versus "holiday season" my problem is with using derogatory terms to define people of other cultures. I don't think it's acceptable in this day and age to be using these in a public forum - I'm assuming that most would be uncomfortable on here using the N word to refer to people that are the same color as Soap's cows. Labeling muslims as Lily did is equally offensive, perhaps more so, as it defines in a derogatory fashion not only their ethnicity but their religion. Time to be a little more aware of the world we live in.

So your going to tell everyone on this forum that youve never in your life called someone some derogatory name. Give me a break and quit being hypocitical. If you have never looked at someone a said look at that: redneck, cracker, coona$$, Ni*^$r, Camel jockey, Spook, etc... Then you can say stuff like youi are.

But take it from someone who lost a best friend to the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Because remember, the " towel heads" are the ones who killed hundreds of people in just one day. All innocent people. But i know you are from Canada and its is hard for some of your liberal a$$ people up there to understand the way it works where im from. I lost my best friend from childhood because when we were in 10th grade on 9/11/01 he told me he would get his revenge on the ones resposible. I was working cows when i got the news of his death. By the time he died he has 1329 recorded kills. And i thank GOD everyday that he did that. So while he was over there protecting us down here in the US, you were prolly sitting in Canada not even worried about anything.

I have no problem against any Canadians. I think MOST of ya'll are great people. I just cannot stand hypocrites, but i want to reinnerate that I have no peoblems against any Canadians.

Jersey- im glad you made those comments. Everything you said is the truth about what is going on in our world today.

RobertMac said:
Political correctness is eliminating humor from society. Only derogatory remarks made to Christians are PC.

GF, you bring up the N word...you ever listened to Richard Pryor???? Do you understand who uses the N word excessively in everyday conversation?

you can't be serious with using Richard Pryor as an example :? :???: Richard Pryor was a comedian. and i'm pretty dam sure that an african american that use the "N" word is quite a bit different than someone else using it. if you don't believe me and you are white...go try it.

hypocritexposer said:
I was wondering where everyone went from PB?

Found you. :p :p

You did not find anyone. You have a knack and feel for the word hypocrite. If I did not know better I would tend to think you might be part blood hound.

Then again you probably are being as you have a knack for digging up the scoops on omamaha. :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Justin, I was going to ask the same thing of NR. This sure got off track. I for one love to hear a West Texas ladies accent, love to eat coonass cooking, and after the last 20 years of Muslam folks attacking civilians for no reason, I dont really give a damn if they are offended. While it may not be a Christian thing to do, a little racial/religious profiling is in order. I spent alot of time on Ft. Hood TX while my son was stationed there, and it makes me sick to hear of all the signals that nut showed and was given a pass in the name of political correctness. I am sick of it and believe it will crash our wonderful American culture as we have grown up with. Ok, now I feel better. Sorry about your thread NR, just looking for a phone number!

Justin said:
RobertMac said:

you can't be serious with using Richard Pryor as an example :? :???: Richard Pryor was a comedian. and i'm pretty dam sure that an african american that use the "N" word is quite a bit different than someone else using it. if you don't believe me and you are white...go try it.
Justin, Lilly's post was meant as humor...therefore the relevance to Richard Pryor. I feel safe in saying that I'm probably in contact with more blacks in one day than you are in one year. My problem is with the hypocrisy of political correctness.

RobertMac said:
Justin said:
RobertMac said:

Justin, Lilly's post was meant as humor...therefore the relevance to Richard Pryor. I feel safe in saying that I'm probably in contact with more blacks in one day than you are in one year. My problem is with the hypocrisy of political correctness.

but Richard Pryor was a comedian and made his living talking the way he did, i think thats a bit different than Lilly's single comment. but like i said Lillys comment didn't bother me and i don't think any less of her because of it. i just wanted it to be known that i did understand GF's reaction.

**** corey looks like your a trouble maker,better get to huntin and quit postin

livin with a scotswoman i know they can be bullheaded but also stand for what think is right...good on ya gf

robin...Canada just honored our soldiers yesterday,maybe back up and rethink what ya wrote

enjoy yur day,i'm off to watch our cowboys play at CFR,next year Corey

8)

greg said:
s*** corey looks like your a trouble maker,better get to huntin and quit postin

livin with a scotswoman i know they can be bullheaded but also stand for what think is right...good on ya gf

robin...Canada just honored our soldiers yesterday,maybe back up and rethink what ya wrote
enjoy yur day,i'm off to watch our cowboys play at CFR,next year Corey

8)

I know it was Rememberance day in Canada yesterday, just like it was Veterans Day here in the US. I did not mean to come across as degrading the Canadian Military, for that i am sorry. All of my comments were directed to GrassFarmer.

Grassfarmer said:
the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Would any of us dream of goin to their country, gettin a job.....and trying to conduct business without being fluent in their language? I DON"T THINK SO.

So I guess you must be fluent in what? Kiowa, Apache? who were the indigenous people in your area Lily? :wink: We are mostly from immigrant stock on this continent.

I have German, Irish, Scottish ancesters....as well as Comanche, Apache, Chickasaw, and Choctaw runnin thru my veins. Do I speak any of the languages? No I don't. Do I want to? No I don't. But I was born right here in Texas. My ancestors settled this country, and so it seems embraced the Indians. Oh wait....scuse me...Native Americans. So therefore.......yeah a portion of my ancestors were the indigenous people!

katrina said:
:( :( Can't we all just get along?? :( :( :(

who knows :? ....hell, NR and i have even had a couple friendly back-n-fourths here lately :shock: , so anything is possible :wink:

Grassfarmer said:
Would any of us dream of goin to their country, gettin a job.....and trying to conduct business without being fluent in their language? I DON"T THINK SO.

So I guess you must be fluent in what? Kiowa, Apache? who were the indigenous people in your area Lily? :wink: We are mostly from immigrant stock on this continent.

I have German, Irish, Scottish ancesters....as well as Comanche, Apache, Chickasaw, and Choctaw runnin thru my veins. Do I speak any of the languages? No I don't. Do I want to? No I don't. But I was born right here in Texas. My ancestors settled this country, and so it seems embraced the Indians. Oh wait....scuse me...Native Americans. So therefore.......yeah a portion of my ancestors were the indigenous people!

You rather missed my point I think - you are down on immigrants because they aren't fluent in the local language. I was just pointing out that your ancestors likely weren't fluent in the locally spoken language when they arrived on this continent either. so it kind of contradicts your statement.

RobinFarmandRanch said:
Grassfarmer said:
Exactly Justin. I actually agree with the poster on the topic of difficulty understanding some people that are employed as telemarketers because of their linguistic skills. I certainly agree with Soapweeds post that Christmas should be retained versus "holiday season" my problem is with using derogatory terms to define people of other cultures. I don't think it's acceptable in this day and age to be using these in a public forum - I'm assuming that most would be uncomfortable on here using the N word to refer to people that are the same color as Soap's cows. Labeling muslims as Lily did is equally offensive, perhaps more so, as it defines in a derogatory fashion not only their ethnicity but their religion. Time to be a little more aware of the world we live in.

So your going to tell everyone on this forum that youve never in your life called someone some derogatory name. Give me a break and quit being hypocitical. If you have never looked at someone a said look at that: redneck, cracker, coona$$, Ni*^$r, Camel jockey, Spook, etc... Then you can say stuff like youi are.

But take it from someone who lost a best friend to the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Because remember, the " towel heads" are the ones who killed hundreds of people in just one day. All innocent people. But i know you are from Canada and its is hard for some of your liberal a$$ people up there to understand the way it works where im from. I lost my best friend from childhood because when we were in 10th grade on 9/11/01 he told me he would get his revenge on the ones resposible. I was working cows when i got the news of his death. By the time he died he has 1329 recorded kills. And i thank GOD everyday that he did that. So while he was over there protecting us down here in the US, you were prolly sitting in Canada not even worried about anything.

I have no problem against any Canadians. I think MOST of ya'll are great people. I just cannot stand hypocrites, but i want to reinnerate that I have no peoblems against any Canadians.

Jersey- im glad you made those comments. Everything you said is the truth about what is going on in our world today.

I feel sorry for anyone that loses friends or their lives in conflict or any other way but you really need to get past this CNN view of the world. Portraying all people who follow Islam as their religion as terrorists and fanatics may be convenient but it isn't true by any means. This big deal over 9/11 when the "muslim world" attacked the "free world" is a rather naive view. If you really believe it's that simple maybe you should question why your old boss GW was busy on 9/11 arranging a flight out of the country for some other members of the muslim Bin Laden family. What was that about when the world wasn't really sure who or what had happened in NY? Try looking up the "Carlyle group" and join the dots.

Someone mentioned on another thread that they were surprised to watch the movie that showed how the Monsanto's of the world were trying to ban farmers from saving their own seeds so they would have to buy from then instead. It might interest you to know that when the interem authority was being set up in Iraq to establish the countries new laws that this ban on seed saving was written in. A reward from the Bush family to Monsanto for continuing to fund the Carlyle group. All is not as it seems - maybe you should be looking more closely at your Government than people who choose to wear different head gear.

And no, you are right I have used derogatory terms in the past and I'm ashamed of that. I like to think we can live and learn in our journey through life though which is why I don't turn a blind eye to others using derogatory or racist expressions.

Grassfarmer said:
Grassfarmer said:

You rather missed my point I think - you are down on immigrants because they aren't fluent in the local language. I was just pointing out that your ancestors likely weren't fluent in the locally spoken language when they arrived on this continent either. so it kind of contradicts your statement.

I'm sure those that spoke german, and other languages weren't fluent in English when coming to this country. But at some point and time they learned how to speak it. That's my point. If any one from another country wants to come to this country.......learn to speak the language. That's it.....my WHOLE point!

And the man you were upset about originally may very well learn the language in time, just like your ancestors did - his kids almost certainly will if they are born here. As I said I'm not in disagreement with your point only the the use of derogatory terms to describe the person.
Then again your fine American corporations might farm out the call centre jobs to people who still live on the Indian subcontinent. I believe that happens quite often already :wink:

I'm sure those that spoke german, and other languages weren't fluent in English when coming to this country. But at some point and time they learned how to speak it. That's my point. If any one from another country wants to come to this country.......learn to speak the language. That's it.....my WHOLE point!

Well said, Lilly! My grandparents came over from Czechoslovakia and spoke Czeck around the house quite a bit but when a neighbor dropped by they switched over to English.

grassfarmer said:
And the man you were upset about originally may very well learn the language in time, just like your ancestors did - his kids almost certainly will if they are born here. As I said I'm not in disagreement with your point only the the use of derogatory terms to describe the person. Then again your fine American corporations might farm out the call centre jobs to people who still live on the Indian subcontinent. I believe that happens quite often already

Your right Grassfarmer. Maybe they will learn it, if they want to interact with society. As to the derogatory terms, just about every nationality uses them when in the company of their own. Now, those outsourced call centers jobs do require that they speak English. Albeit it's often some sort of pidgeon English.

Back to racial clothing (towels on head etc). Personally, I'd rather see people blend in with American society, while in public and still being able to add a little independent fashion. I'm not real keen on all the towels and burkha's (sp). If we are forced to accept that then why not allow the kids to walk around school with there pants hanging down below there butt or allow the Tahitian gals to go without there tops? Maybe I could walk around with a Kolache on my head! It's almost as if some folks want to enjoy all the benfits of America without being an American and standing up for it.

Liveoak said:

Well said, Lilly! My grandparents came over from Czechoslovakia and spoke Czeck around the house quite a bit but when a neighbor dropped by they switched over to English.

grassfarmer said:
And the man you were upset about originally may very well learn the language in time, just like your ancestors did - his kids almost certainly will if they are born here. As I said I'm not in disagreement with your point only the the use of derogatory terms to describe the person. Then again your fine American corporations might farm out the call centre jobs to people who still live on the Indian subcontinent. I believe that happens quite often already

Your right Grassfarmer. Maybe they will learn it, if they want to interact with society. As to the derogatory terms, just about every nationality uses them when in the company of their own. Now, those outsourced call centers jobs do require that they speak English. Albeit it's often some sort of pidgeon English.

Back to racial clothing (towels on head etc). Personally, I'd rather see people blend in with American society, while in public and still being able to add a little independent fashion. I'm not real keen on all the towels and burkha's (sp). If we are forced to accept that then why not allow the kids to walk around school with there pants hanging down below there butt or allow the Tahitian gals to go without there tops? Maybe I could walk around with a Kolache on my head! It's almost as if some folks want to enjoy all the benfits of America without being an American and standing up for it.

You mean they don't already? that seems to be the norm around here :wink: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts