• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Texas border crossing

Help Support Ranchers.net:

It basically comes down to canadians doing what is needed to gain entry into the international market ie.) national id program, srm and enhanced feedban rules, testing for BSE and releasing results, being open and transparent, trying to eliminate BSE. While the US stance seems to be believe us our product is safe now take what we want to give you and shut up. I guess the bullying isn't working in the case of mexico. The states that border mexico can do what they want but they should take a realistic evaluation. It is a good thing their economies are going so well that they think afford to block thier borders :roll: . Afterall these animals could go down by ship as well the truckers won't be spending money in the US (helping the US economy) on the trip down to mexico. But by all means make it more difficult for you largest trading partner to do business in other parts of the world. I am sure it won't come back to bite you guys in the butt. :wink:

This whole thing doesn't surprise me at all. :? :?

"Go get your own markets! :x " Canada is told.
"We don't want your cattle. :x " Canada is told.
So Canada does what it is asked to do to comply with requirements and get a market.
"Wait a minute!! You can't do that! :x " Canada is told.
"We want those markets. How dare you try and take them away from us, and how dare you even try!"

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Oh brother.....................

I see the CVC (Canadian Victim's Club) is in session again.

When somebody is jacking you around and you have leverage on them, you use it. Quit your dang whining and either put them on a boat or fight back.

Same old same old............ :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Jacking around? Who's jacking anyone around here? We were just going after a market just like you would, only with a different approach, and a better result. The market access was gained without having to force our product on it against the customer's will.

Leverage? Used no doubt as the result of of some good old American whining? :wink: :wink:

Kato said:

Jacking around? Who's jacking anyone around here? We were just going after a market just like you would, only with a different approach, and a better result. The market access was gained without having to force our product on it against the customer's will.

Leverage? Used no doubt as the result of of some good old American whining? :wink: :wink:

Mexico was jacking us around. In running your cattle through our ports to them, we were helping them jack us. That doesn't make any sense.

Sandhusker said:
Kato said:

Mexico was jacking us around. In running your cattle through our ports to them, we were helping them jack us. That doesn't make any sense.

Could this all come down to trust Sandhusker? The Mexicans trust Canadian cattle but not your world safest beef raised to the world highest standards. A little transparency in your beef industry might just open borders to you. Why should Mexico become a dumping ground for your cattle Sandhusker when you refuse to ID them?

Tam said:
Sandhusker said:
Kato said:

Could this all come down to trust Sandhusker? The Mexicans trust Canadian cattle but not your world safest beef raised to the world highest standards. A little transparency in your beef industry might just open borders to you. Why should Mexico become a dumping ground for your cattle Sandhusker when you refuse to ID them?

I could of swore you said something to the effect that other countries would treat us like we treated Canada...... What happened to that?

Why should Mexico be concerned with ID from us when they don't ID themselves?

Sandhusker said:
Tam said:
Sandhusker said:

I could of swore you said something to the effect that other countries would treat us like we treated Canada...... What happened to that?

Among other things, you kept putting downers into your food supply!!

That's what happened to that.

You think downers don't get processed in Mexico?

You pick one company and then paint the entire US packing industry with a broad brush? What do you think can be said of Canada using that same logic?

Labeling Covered COOL Commodities When the Product Has Entered the
United States During the Production Process.
(1) Beef, Lamb, Pork:
(i) If an animal was born and/or raised in country X prior to
slaughter or further raising and slaughter in the United States, the
resulting meat products derived from that animal shall be labeled at
retail as being imported from country X and shall include the
production step(s) occurring in the United States. Alternatively, such
products may be labeled to specifically identify the production step(s)
occurring in the country other than the United States if the animal's
identity was maintained along with records to substantiate the origin
claims.
(ii) If an animal was born in country X and raised in country Y
prior to slaughter or further raising and slaughter in the United
States, the resulting meat products derived from that animal shall be
labeled at retail as being imported from country Y and shall include
the production step(s) occurring in the United States
. Alternatively,
such products may be labeled to specifically identify the production
step(s) occurring in the country(ies) other than the United States if
the animal's identity was maintained along with records to substantiate
the origin claims.

Sandhusker said:
Kato said:

Maybe we should just let the goods that come and go from Alaska go around. Don't want any of that dirty oil spilling on clean Canadian soil. :roll:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Sandhusker said:
Kato said:

Maybe we should just let the goods that come and go from Alaska go around. Don't want any of that dirty oil spilling on clean Canadian soil. :roll:

Maybe you should do exactly that.

Sandhusker said:
Tam said:
Sandhusker said:

Well let's see We both have BSE BUT
Canada ID's their cattle back to birthplace
does the US NO (Thanks to R-CALF's they proudly stopped MID :roll: )
Canada had sucess in their BSE investigations
did the US NO (two cases and two failed investigation :roll: )
Canada does the correct testing to find out how big our BSE problem is
does the US NO (40,000 in a herd of 100 million :roll: )
Canada has strengthen our firewalls to further protect our cattle and consumers
has the US NO ( chicken Crap :roll: )
Do we have a beef organization pointing out the dangers of importing beef and cattle from a BSE affected country NO
does the US YES. ( :roll: R-CALF, did they forget the US is BSE affected :roll: )
Gee Sandhusker I see what you mean about the US deserving to be treated like Canada :roll:

If Mexico is not to be concerned about your ID system then Why were you R-CALFers so concerned about our cattle being ID back to Canada and the birthplace within Canada when you don't ID Sandhusker? Was this a case of do as we say not as we are willing to do ourselves? :roll:

Sandhusker said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Sandhusker said:

:shock: Want to guess how long it would take the US to retalitate with force if we shut down the pipelines? I'd give them about two minutes

Want to guess how long it would take the US to retalitate with force if we shut down the pipelines? I'd give them about two minutes

It would take only about two minutes to re-open the gates if force was used.

4 minutes total. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tam said:
Sandhusker said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

:shock: Want to guess how long it would take the US to retalitate with force if we shut down the pipelines? I'd give them about two minutes

Now you're argueing with BMR, he's the one who made the suggestion.

Tam, "Well let's see We both have BSE BUT Canada ID's their cattle back to birthplace does the US NO (Thanks to R-CALF's they proudly stopped MID ) "

R-CALF must be pretty powerful to stop MID. I thought they were imploding, on their last legs, etc..... Guess what, Tam, a good share of cattle CAN be traced back to their birthplace via brands and bangs tags. Mine can.

Tam, "Canada had sucess in their BSE investigations did the US NO (two cases and two failed investigation ) "

That's because the areas those two came from are behind most of "cattle country" with their ID. If they were like where I live - and most cattle are raised, there would of been no failure.

Tam, "Canada does the correct testing to find out how big our BSE problem is does the US NO (40,000 in a herd of 100 million )"

BS. You don't know your incidence rate.

Tam, "Canada has strengthen our firewalls to further protect our cattle and consumers has the US NO ( chicken Crap )"

I"ll grant you that.

Tam, "Do we have a beef organization pointing out the dangers of importing beef and cattle from a BSE affected country NO
does the US YES. ( R-CALF, did they forget the US is BSE affected ) "

Until you can explain to me how live BSE positives and BSE infected beef is NOT coming down from Canada (which I've asked for many, many times) that beef organization is correct.

Tam, "If Mexico is not to be concerned about your ID system then Why were you R-CALFers so concerned about our cattle being ID back to Canada and the birthplace within Canada when you don't ID Sandhusker? Was this a case of do as we say not as we are willing to do ourselves?"

Did Mexico say ID was a reason for their protocols?

Mike said:
Want to guess how long it would take the US to retalitate with force if we shut down the pipelines? I'd give them about two minutes

It would take only about two minutes to re-open the gates if force was used.

4 minutes total. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, what a statement! True, of course. It pretty well summarizes the apparent American superiority and capability to do anything it wants anywhere in the world.

Long live Imperialism! It is a wonderful thing when we are on the right side of it!

And the Canadians are, in fact, pretty much powerlessless in the face of American self defense or aggression, however one may view it.

Do you suppose that is why we hear of Americans sticking CDN. labels/flags on their luggage and coats when traveling around the world? A little better image or something. U.S. travellers should feel no such need since they are so powerful.

Sandhusker said:
Tam, "Well let's see We both have BSE BUT Canada ID's their cattle back to birthplace does the US NO (Thanks to R-CALF's they proudly stopped MID ) "

R-CALF must be pretty powerful to stop MID. I thought they were imploding, on their last legs, etc..... Guess what, Tam, a good share of cattle CAN be traced back to their birthplace via brands and bangs tags. Mine can.

Tam, "Canada had sucess in their BSE investigations did the US NO (two cases and two failed investigation ) "

That's because the areas those two came from are behind most of "cattle country" with their ID. If they were like where I live - and most cattle are raised, there would of been no failure.

Tam, "Canada does the correct testing to find out how big our BSE problem is does the US NO (40,000 in a herd of 100 million )"

BS. You don't know your incidence rate.

Tam, "Canada has strengthen our firewalls to further protect our cattle and consumers has the US NO ( chicken Crap )"

I"ll grant you that.

Tam, "Do we have a beef organization pointing out the dangers of importing beef and cattle from a BSE affected country NO
does the US YES. ( R-CALF, did they forget the US is BSE affected ) "

Until you can explain to me how live BSE positives and BSE infected beef is NOT coming down from Canada (which I've asked for many, many times) that beef organization is correct.

Tam, "If Mexico is not to be concerned about your ID system then Why were you R-CALFers so concerned about our cattle being ID back to Canada and the birthplace within Canada when you don't ID Sandhusker? Was this a case of do as we say not as we are willing to do ourselves?"

Did Mexico say ID was a reason for their protocols?

Do you mean R-CALF lied when they took credit for getting MID taken out of MCOOL :???:
Just because some can be traced back doesn't mean ALL can be traced back and if R-CALF would not have had MID taken out of MCOOL you would have been able to trace ALL cattle even those in ALABAMA.

Is Texas not "cattle country" Sandhusker IF Texas is behind the rest of you out there in US CATTLE COUNTRY and Texas raises more cattle than all of Canada. I'd said Texas better get with the times :wink:

What is testing 40,000 slaughter animals telling your trading partners? Will they ever know your incidence rate? :roll:

Well Sandhusker until you can explain how the US will not be shipping BSE infected cattle and Beef to Mexico, the US "A BSE AFFECTED COUNTRY" should keep all their beef and cattle at home and not be forcing it on countries or is this another do as I say but not as I do thing.

You never answered my question if Mexico wasn't to care about your non existant ID system in a BSE affected country because they didn't have one, why did R-CALF demand it Canadian Cattle? Do as I say not as I do right Sandhusker.

Latest posts