• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Texas border crossing

Help Support Ranchers.net:

QUESTION said:
So now what are you saying that canadians were the target or you just want as much damage done as possible as long as not too many americans don't get hurt? Sand you say you want canadians to target other markets so they are not so dependant on the US market and when we to that and get acess to other international markets you go ahead and try to interfere. Sorry but i do not buy it that canadians are not the target of this action. You border states want to stop canadian cattle from going into mexico, how can they do that when they cannot stop those same cattle from entering their own state, talk about hypocracy. I wonder how long this will last and if it will take some trade retaliation maybe slowing the flow of oil to the US.

I just can't believe what I'm hearing.... We've got an issue with how Mexico is treating us compared to you. So here we are where Mexico is doing just what we have a problem with, they need our assistance to do it, and we're giving it to them! Somebody finally wises up to what we're doing, puts the kabosh to it, and you're whining again that we're out to get the Canadians! :shock: Just what the hell do you want from us? We can't protect our own best interests because it might harm you? What do we owe you that we have to take a bullet for you?

Common sandy you don't like your customer buying from another supplier. They have the right to buy from who ever they want and set what ever rules they like just like your government and mine. Just remember you can't bully people around evenutally the bully gets his comeupance. And that is all this is about right now, the texas government is trying to tell mexico take our product it is safe now shut up and take it, while mexico is saying we want choice. And if you want to keep messing with us maybe we will start playing games too.

QUESTION said:
Common sandy you don't like your customer buying from another supplier. They have the right to buy from who ever they want and set what ever rules they like just like your government and mine. Just remember you can't bully people around evenutally the bully gets his comeupance. And that is all this is about right now, the texas government is trying to tell mexico take our product it is safe now shut up and take it, while mexico is saying we want choice. And if you want to keep messing with us maybe we will start playing games too.

Once again, (sigh) Canada is not the target.......

Yep, they have the right to buy from who they want to and you have the right to sell to them. We also have the right not to host the sale.

I'm going to keep your comment, "...and set what ever rules they like just like your government and mine" for the next time the discussion turns to trade barriers and what not.

Well, this is rather an interestin thread. And now I gotta speak up :wink:
I can see the reasoning behind the border issue.... kinda. But it certainly is dirty pool. Although according to SH dirty pool is just politics and thats fine. I don't believe that's how friends and allies treat each other. I guess I'm naive. Seems to me if the Yanks have trade issues with Mexico they oughta take it up with NAFTA in court. Thats how the system is supposed to work.

As far as the US economy being in the tank.... blaming Iraq is only part of the problem. Blaming China is far more to the point. The US and EU have been carrying China on their shoulders for some time, and are now staggering under the strain. Its high time we all stood up to them and forced them to either unpeg their currency from the greenback or substantially adjust it upwards. They are getting their cake and eating it too.

Silver said:
Well, this is rather an interestin thread. And now I gotta speak up :wink:
I can see the reasoning behind the border issue.... kinda. But it certainly is dirty pool. Although according to SH dirty pool is just politics and thats fine. I don't believe that's how friends and allies treat each other. I guess I'm naive. Seems to me if the Yanks have trade issues with Mexico they oughta take it up with NAFTA in court. Thats how the system is supposed to work.

As far as the US economy being in the tank.... blaming Iraq is only part of the problem. Blaming China is far more to the point. The US and EU have been carrying China on their shoulders for some time, and are now staggering under the strain. Its high time we all stood up to them and forced them to either unpeg their currency from the greenback or substantially adjust it upwards. They are getting their cake and eating it too.

Where did I ever say dirty pool was politics and was fine? I'm saying that in this case, only an idiot would allow the status quo. It's like complaining how much your spouse drinks, but then giving her a ride to the liquor store. As far as the politics of International trade goes, if you think it is anything other than a nasty affair, you are naive. Using history as a guide, whatever gave you the opinion that it is something else?

A group of Canadians threatening retaliation on our COOL law isn't exactly a friendly gesture.... Q says governments can make whatever rules they want, and I agree with him.

Now on the China deal; I can't blame China for our problem. They're just playing the game to win and our politicians are letting them. I put the blame squarely on the clowns who gave them Most Favored Nation Status and then allowed China to economically pillage us.

sooooooo.... dirty pool bad. Getting down and nasty good. Ok. Got it. :lol:

You're preaching to the quire on the China thing.... my point was that we (the West) has allowed it to happen, and are suffering the consequences. And really, the US has to be careful of China considering the American debt they currently hold.

SandH if you want to act like an a$$, expect there to be alot of $hit flying around you.You can quote me but USE the whole sentance not just a portion taken out of context. :roll: Afterall that is what the r-calfer like to do, why doesn't canada play dirty as well i mean the US will pay a $100/barrel for oil why not a export tax of $100 a barrel to cover the paper work for that canadian oil going down to the states to be refined. Or $1 a pound for imported US beef to cover the risk of BASE coming into canada. The truth is canada won't do it as we do not act that way. But keep on pushing and see what happens.

QUESTION said:
SandH if you want to act like an a$$, expect there to be alot of $hit flying around you.You can quote me but USE the whole sentance not just a portion taken out of context. :roll: Afterall that is what the r-calfer like to do, why doesn't canada play dirty as well i mean the US will pay a $100/barrel for oil why not a export tax of $100 a barrel to cover the paper work for that canadian oil going down to the states to be refined. Or $1 a pound for imported US beef to cover the risk of BASE coming into canada. The truth is canada won't do it as we do not act that way. But keep on pushing and see what happens.

How did I take it out of context? What was your meaning if not that Mexico could decide what they would import and what they would not?

Silver said:
sooooooo.... dirty pool bad. Getting down and nasty good. Ok. Got it. :lol:

You're preaching to the quire on the China thing.... my point was that we (the West) has allowed it to happen, and are suffering the consequences. And really, the US has to be careful of China considering the American debt they currently hold.

"Dirty pool" and "Getting down and nasty" are your terms, not mine. I never used either one, let alone made any endorsements.

You're exactly right about China. In the old days, we were afraid of Red China whipping is militarily. Now, they can wreck us without firing a single shot - and we're the ones who set them up.

The US will pay a $100/barrel for oil why not a export tax of $100 a barrel to cover the paper work for that canadian oil going down to the states to be refined.

I did notice today here in Florida that Diesel fuel was $4.09 per gal. WOW and Iam not sure Canada sends us any. Were too far South maybe for Canadian diesel fuel. Course maybe China or Mexico is running up the price of fuel.

Sandh quit playing dumb. You know what i mean quote the whole sentance and explain the frame of reference i was speaking in . But you don't want to so i will - within international rules mexico has a different (higher)BSE status than Canada and the US so they can decide what they will and /or will not accept. It is their right since they have a more favorable BSE status than the US or Canada.
Porker approximately 35% of the entire amount of crude oil used in the US comes from canada so you probably do use feul that originated from canada. As for china the PRC has made an offer to build a pipline from saskatchewan to the coast. So maybe we will have another market to sell to soon, afterall the US seems to not be too worried about it so deal without canadian oil :p

Did you here about the big oil strike in the Dakota's,and east Montana? It was a wildcat well with production that will be 3x or more larger than all of Saudi Arabia. The wells will be drilled using a technology developed by a Texas oil company. If this play comes into action real fast as they say, each well will produce 700,000 million barrels ,then the US. could be one of the worlds big oil exporting countrys. One drilling company hopes to drill 300 wells in the next two or three years.

News travels fast. http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/01/01/business/oil.php

QUESTION said:
Sandh quit playing dumb. You know what i mean quote the whole sentance and explain the frame of reference i was speaking in . But you don't want to so i will - within international rules mexico has a different (higher)BSE status than Canada and the US so they can decide what they will and /or will not accept. It is their right since they have a more favorable BSE status than the US or Canada.
Porker approximately 35% of the entire amount of crude oil used in the US comes from canada so you probably do use feul that originated from canada. As for china the PRC has made an offer to build a pipline from saskatchewan to the coast. So maybe we will have another market to sell to soon, afterall the US seems to not be too worried about it so deal without canadian oil :p

:lol: :lol: :lol: Now who's playing dumb? That ain't the way it works and you know it. Your opinions on what is allowed and what isn't seems to change depending on what countries are involved.

Facts have been proven;In a single month this autumn, the county recorder, Joanne Stanley, was handed 1,200 documents for recording - most of them legal agreements for drilling rights on the land of local farmers, and more than twice what had been a normal workload.

"The size of the target is what's got everybody excited," said Lynn Helms, the director of the North Dakota Industrial Commission's oil and gas division, which regulates drilling in the state.

No one is certain how much oil the Bakken strike will produce. However, Steven Grape, of the U.S. Energy Information Administration, said that calculations from the Montana side already suggested that, aside from five fields in Texas and California, it was producing more crude oil than other onshore fields in the lower 48 states.

*** Latest reports say this new oil strike will be the largest ever in the world !!!! They say, each well will produce 700,000 million barrels ,then the US. could be one of the worlds big oil exporting countrys. One drilling company hopes to drill 300 wells in the next two or three years.

News travels fast.
http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/01/01/business/oil.php

Sandh you just can't quite get some concepts, countries that have a higher rating for BSE have more freedom than those with a lower risk acessment that is why there are different rules for different countries. So yes what is allowed varies with the country for example where a country without BSE can export to. What do you not get about that concept? Or do you think the US should have acess to all the markets Austrailia does even though there has never been a BSE positive cow found in austalia. Maybe you think it is some big conspiracy :roll: The fact is mexico has a more favorable rating than the US so they can do what they want concerning US cattle. DO you actually find the Mexican position suprising afterall the crap they put up with from the US.
Sorry porker the bakken is old news and it is being drawn from already in SK and AB . So all that oil isn't US oil sorry to disappoint you. Estimates range wildly on how much is in that reserve but not to worry the oil sands in nothern Ab and Sk are the second largest reserves in the world behind saudi arabia. The article referenced in your link doens't support some of your claims in the article it is stated the size of the reserve in the Bakken is unknown as well as that the bakken runs from montana/dakota border to canada i will look for some links that show how large the area the bakken covers is but the majority is under canadian soil. That is the reason for the push to suck that oil out of the ground so it doesn't come out above canadian soil. Again sorry to burst your bubble.

Many problems along with this Porker. First of all, there are rigs there that are shut down. They cannot find the manpower to run them. They may have 100 applicants but, only 5 of those 100 can pass a urine test. If a person didn't think that drugs were an epidemic this will open your eyes.

Problem no. 2. Greed. A small efficiency apartment (one room with toilet, shower, stove, and room for one bed, that previously rented for $250-300 per month is now $750 per month. (and climbing) One guy hung a garden hose in his garage over his floor drain for a shower & is asking $550 a month to live in his single stall garage. You are supposed to use the toilet in the park across the street.

A friend of mine built a garage less than a year ago. He wants to build another. The labor on the first garage was $2500. Same crew, same garage today, $8000. Labor! All the people with oil rights are remodeling, adding on, building new homes, indoor riding arenas, etc. The guys charging 12-18 $ per hour are now at $30 and climbing.

The old bumper stickers are starting to reappear. "Please don't tell my mother I work in the oil patch. She thinks that I'm a piano player in a whore house!"

As far as the oil, they say it is some of the best grade. Along with this, very high gas pressure on each well. Right now, most gas is being flared off but, hopefully they will start piping it soon.

Q, "Sandh you just can't quite get some concepts, countries that have a higher rating for BSE have more freedom than those with a lower risk acessment that is why there are different rules for different countries."

Yes, Q, but the freedom is on EXPORTING, not IMPORTING. The OIE says that countries are to be treated according to their rating. Back in the summer of 2003 when the discussion was being had on the US opening back up to Canada or not, I'll bet you weren't making the arguement the US could do what they wanted because they were in a different OIE rating.

As far as how much is located where, you are correct, Question, as that is unknown. I am not sure as where you found the information as to your statement that there is more in Canada then the U.S.

{Dancsok estimated roughly 25 per cent of the Williston Basin, which covers some 200,000 square miles (518,000 square kilometres) is located in Saskatchewan. Based on that simple arithmetic, the estimate of Bakken oil in the province could range anywhere from 25 billion barrels to 100 billion barrels of oil in place.
Of course, geology isn't that simple.
"Whether the Bakken is evenly distributed throughout the basin is one question," Dancsok said. "It is deeper in North Dakota. But is the distribution of Bakken oil equal in Saskatchewan to North Dakota or Montana? That's a big question mark."}

fedup2 said:
As far as how much is located where, you are correct, Question, as that is unknown. I am not sure as where you found the information as to your statement that there is more in Canada then the U.S.

{Dancsok estimated roughly 25 per cent of the Williston Basin, which covers some 200,000 square miles (518,000 square kilometres) is located in Saskatchewan. Based on that simple arithmetic, the estimate of Bakken oil in the province could range anywhere from 25 billion barrels to 100 billion barrels of oil in place.
Of course, geology isn't that simple.
"Whether the Bakken is evenly distributed throughout the basin is one question," Dancsok said. "It is deeper in North Dakota. But is the distribution of Bakken oil equal in Saskatchewan to North Dakota or Montana? That's a big question mark."}

Great news. I am heading out to buy a discounted Hummer.

Latest posts