• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Unbelievable

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Rancher, I don't think things are much different up here, as to welfare recipients. Some people are in genuine need, so welfare is a temporary measure, but many more are (second and third generation) welfare bums. The whole program needs to be re-thought, so able-bodied people can, and must work for their livings. The portion of society that works should not be giving the welfare population a free ride. Nothing makes me crazier than working a couple different jobs, while leaches on society get it all handed to them for questionable reasons.

How much CRACK are you smoking ???

Your repeated, dogged, blind defense of this administration is without cognitive merit. Im sure you a fine lady, but please limit your comments
to subjects of which you know. And, I should direct this to the others as well, not just you, but you just happen to win the lottery of my impatience with ignorance.

" But we will win the war on terror " ( So says GWB when asked if Funds were not better spent elsewhere)...no matter what attitude is getting old. The BILLION $$ / Day in Iraq are well spent ? The local gov't ( and maybe Corp of Engineers ? ) of New Orleans requested an increase to deal with the antiquated Levy system. Instead they got drastic cuts. " We be in a war right now, and we'd be better off focusing our efforts anywhere but home " .... Probably shouldn't be in quotes, but then again maybe it had been said ?!

By the way, the guy that went to bat for the funds for the Levy was FIRED.....the administration called it obvious PORK. Good Lord !!!!!!!!

MRJ, I cant fault you for living in a nearly-all white state of SD, but in this day and age ( reffering to some of your posts )your borderline racism is frankly embarrasing.

DJL said:
Rancher, I don't think things are much different up here, as to welfare recipients. Some people are in genuine need, so welfare is a temporary measure, but many more are (second and third generation) welfare bums. The whole program needs to be re-thought, so able-bodied people can, and must work for their livings. The portion of society that works should not be giving the welfare population a free ride. Nothing makes me crazier than working a couple different jobs, while leaches on society get it all handed to them for questionable reasons.

What will it take to wean these parasites off the program? I agree it was started to help the ones that really need it and they only use it temporary. The others feel it is owned to them. I say let these able bodied people live in tents until they get a job. Save the help for the needy. Sorry for the rant, but this is a just not right. We should only let people that pay taxes in US be able to vote. If they want to vote then they had better get a job.

Some of the attitude I see on this forum may be pricisely the root of the problem. How many of you ranchers out there would be and making a living in agriculture if your families had not been in a position to assist you to start. By sitting back and making blind judgement on welfare recipients you show your true silver spoon ignorance. The culture of poverty that has been developed has everything to do with the social class structure. Who is going to hire a homeless person that doesn't know his underwear belong on the inside of his pants. It is time for us as a western culture to put aside the blame game and develope a social structure that provides for the advancement of the poor.

Who is going to hire a homeless person that doesn't know his underwear belong on the inside of his pants. It is time for us as a western culture to put aside the blame game and develope a social structure that provides for the advancement of the poor

And who made him that way? The welfare system! If he has a medical problem that he can't get his underwear on the inside of his pants then he needs welfare. Look at the pictures of these fat able working people that are breaking windows to steal, don't you think they can work in the packing plants that can't get the help? Cry me a river, I have seen many ranchers inherit a ranch and lose it within ten years from the attitude of not having to work. The ones that do inherit and pour sweat into what they did get will make it work. Why should I work my butt off to pay a freeloader to sit around and eat fast foods, drink, drugs and steal? I said the system was made to help the ones that needed it, but it loses those people or they have too much pride to use it and the fat sob's get the most out of it. Lets leave it for the needy and get the other parasites to work.

rancher said:
Who is going to hire a homeless person that doesn't know his underwear belong on the inside of his pants. It is time for us as a western culture to put aside the blame game and develope a social structure that provides for the advancement of the poor

And who made him that way? The welfare system! If he has a medical problem that he can't get his underwear on the inside of his pants then he needs welfare. Look at the pictures of these fat able working people that are breaking windows to steal, don't you think they can work in the packing plants that can't get the help? Cry me a river, I have seen many ranchers inherit a ranch and lose it within ten years from the attitude of not having to work. The ones that do inherit and pour sweat into what they did get will make it work. Why should I work my butt off to pay a freeloader to sit around and eat fast foods, drink, drugs and steal? I said the system was made to help the ones that needed it, but it loses those people or they have too much pride to use it and the fat sob's get the most out of it. Lets leave it for the needy and get the other parasites to work.

You aint gonna get no work outa em rancher,its been tried many times kinda like pig wrestleing ole SH,just aint gonna happen,so put their but in housing or jail and feed em,sorry but that's the cold hard facts...........good luck

Amen! It just pisses me off knowing there are able-bodied people sitting on their duffs and bleeding the system dry off the backs of us who work our fingers to the bone!

rancher said:

So I guess your comments would also apply to the "fat sob's" who farm the government's welfare programs for agriculture. Maybe you're one of them.

redriver said:
rancher said:

So I guess your comments would also apply to the "fat sob's" who farm the government's welfare programs for agriculture. Maybe you're one of them.

Yes, that would go to the government welfare programs for agriculture. I would say the government should stay out of agriculture and agriculture should stay out of government. I don't farm, so don't get the big handouts. How about you, kind of touchy on it, so take it you are all for it. Maybe the first in line?

AgTech said:
How much CRACK are you smoking ???

{Your repeated, dogged, blind defense of this administration is without cognitive merit.

Surely, with your superior "cognitive merit", you realize that I have not commented on more than a thimblefull of the many subjects this administration is involved in, so you cannot possibly say with any honesty that I repeatedly, doggedly, and blindly defend this administration. MRJ}

Im sure you a fine lady, but please limit your comments
to subjects of which you know. And, I should direct this to the others as well, not just you, but you just happen to win the lottery of my impatience with ignorance.

" But we will win the war on terror " ( So says GWB when asked if Funds were not better spent elsewhere)...no matter what attitude is getting old. The BILLION $$ / Day in Iraq are well spent ? The local gov't ( and maybe Corp of Engineers ? ) of New Orleans requested an increase to deal with the antiquated Levy system. Instead they got drastic cuts.

{"We be in a war right now, and we'd be better off focusing our efforts anywhere but home " .... Probably shouldn't be in quotes, but then again maybe it had been said ?!

That definitely should not be in quotes! Does that statement demonstrate your level of intelligence you seem to believe so superior to mine? It certainly demonstrates your willingness to put words of your choosing into the mouth of the president, which you designed to denigrate and misquote him simply because you no not agree with his policies.MRJ}

By the way, the guy that went to bat for the funds for the Levy was FIRED.....the administration called it obvious PORK. Good Lord !!!!!!!!

{MRJ, I cant fault you for living in a nearly-all white state of SD, but in this day and age ( reffering to some of your posts )your borderline racism is frankly embarrasing.

You are wrong about any "borderline racism" you attribute to me. Being opposed to people being manipulated into government subsidized living certainly is not racism. People of color are not the only ones so demeaned. Disagreeing with the people who "just want to help others", usually by taxing away the savings of working people rather than donating their own money, is not racism. All too often it discourages people from getting an education, making good life choices, and taking responsibility and working to care for their families themselves. Some others posting have made the case for limited welfare systems, and I have as well in previous posts, I believe.

Living in "nearly all white SD", home of one of the fastest growing populations of Native Americans in the nation, does not preclude one from interaction with people in other states, reading, nor many other ways of learning about and knowing people of other races. You do not know me well enough to reasonably make your assumption.

Obviously if you believe I'm on some illegal substance because I do not approve of people of New Olean being manipulated and subsidized by a local political system that out-does even Chicago as a bad example of Political Machine run Democrat strongholds, you are more likely the one ingesting some form of "conspiracy kool-ade"! Though I will admit to not having first hand knowledge of effects upon ones' thought process of illegal substances.

So, you don't believe that this Terrorism War being waged by Islamic governmental/religious extremists is real.......well, I for one, do not want to risk any longer the consequences of your thinking, especially after we have suffered the several attacks on 9-11 and more recent ones in Spain and England. This is a real war and it has real consequences which burying your head in the sand will not prevent.

So, if the levy system had been funded, how much money can we afford to spent to bring all such infra-structure to withstand the once-in-a-lifetime worst case scenario weather can offer? And if we do that for New Orleans, how many other such situations across the nation need to be up-graded to such standards for whatever nature can throw at them in every state?

MRJ

elwapo said:
Some of the attitude I see on this forum may be pricisely the root of the problem.

How many of you ranchers out there would be and making a living in agriculture if your families had not been in a position to assist you to start.

{You sound pretty envious. Maybe you should check to see the sacrifices many of "you ranchers out there" have made to help previous generations grow those ranches, then see the death taxes they paid to "inherit" them. MRJ}

{ By sitting back and making blind judgement on welfare recipients you show your true silver spoon ignorance. The culture of poverty that has been developed has everything to do with the social class structure. Who is going to hire a homeless person that doesn't know his underwear belong on the inside of his pants. It is time for us as a western culture to put aside the blame game and develope a social structure that provides for the advancement of the poor.

What are you doing to change this situation? Other than "blaming", that is? Many of us have supported efforts by churches and other humanitarian institutions to educate needy people. Many of us have worked to change government to educate and help people progress off welfare. Follow the money. Which groups and organizations benefit from keeping that "poor" and/or "racially un-equal" constituency dependent upon them for help as per the status-quo? It is not the politically conservative ones! MRJ}

MRJ wrote:
Follow the money.

MRJ, I respectfully disagree. It's "FOLLOW THE VOTE". When LBJ instituted the "Great Society", it was a grand plan to buy votes and perpetuate the Democratic Party. Athough thought by some as a way to lift the poor out of poverty, it has failed miserably.

Human nature says: "The more you give me, the more I want you to give me".

Envy was not involved at all in my comment, as my famly has indeed developed the basis for what I now have. I fully support the education system we have developed here in canada that includes eveyone in an adequatley funded public education system. I am more than willing to pay the higher tax we have to as it is a hell of a lot cheaper than incarceration an high crime rates. That is not to say that we don' t have our share of welfare people but at least we have not developed the severe gap between rich and poor that exists in America. All I am saying is that before we blame all the problems on people of certain color and weight, we should think about the solution.

elwapo said:
Envy was not involved at all in my comment, as my famly has indeed developed the basis for what I now have. I fully support the education system we have developed here in canada that includes eveyone in an adequatley funded public education system. I am more than willing to pay the higher tax we have to as it is a hell of a lot cheaper than incarceration an high crime rates. That is not to say that we don' t have our share of welfare people but at least we have not developed the severe gap between rich and poor that exists in America. All I am saying is that before we blame all the problems on people of certain color and weight, we should think about the solution.

We also have an adequately funded public education system, but you have to go to school to get the good out of it. I don't blame color or weight if these people are trying to better themselves. If they are not then I will blame them. We have one of the most highly funded programs to help these people if they want to work for it. Many would rather just wait for the welfare check, than sweat a little at making a living.

As the bumper stickers read on the back of all my tractors

"Work Harder Millions on Welfare are Depending on YOU"

I am talking about fat people that don't need the help, I could care less if their skin was purple Reader. If they don't need it, they shouldn't get it off the back of the working people. :mad:

rancher.
It is reported that Fats Domino is missing in new Orleans (no joke). I suppose he would fit into your non-racist profile if you saw him sitting on the street waiting to be rescued.

elwapo said:
rancher.
It is reported that Fats Domino is missing in new Orleans (no joke). I suppose he would fit into your non-racist profile if you saw him sitting on the street waiting to be rescued.

If he was drawing welfare and could be working, then yes I guess he would fit the profile. elwapo, so you are for paying people that can work to not work, kind of like the crp here.

I am for not categorizing people. It is very easy to sit back and say you dont feel sorry for these people because they brought it on themselves by being fat and lazy, on the other hand if it makes you sleep easier at night ....go for it.

Its just terrible those people dont even know how to conserve and stock pile food and water to survive one week.

Latest posts