• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

My trusty rain gauge shows a total of 1.05 inches or 26.67 mm for our Canadian friends. The rain has stopped but still, some questionable clouds loom delaying my rural walk.

About 4 inches of heavy wet snow yesterday. Sun not up yet this morning so I don't know about today yet
Well, at least the snow is wet and heavy indicating higher temperatures than the dry and light snow that has burned an image in my mind of those poor little birdies that became popsicles at your place last winter. :cry:

44 F here now with a high predicted of 57 F which indicates this basin will be socked in with a heavy cloud cover. Anyone that has come down Deadman's Pass in the fall and was enjoying the sunshine just to see what looks like a million acres of snow on the level and then just like that you are dropping into the clouds that envelope the basin and may for days or even weeks. :(

Anyone that has come down Deadman's Pass in the fall and was enjoying the sunshine just to see what looks like a million acres of snow on the level and then just like that you are dropping into the clouds that envelope the basin and may for days or even weeks. :(
Is there ever a good time to drive down Cabbage?

Got probably .25" friday night, enough to settle the dust and making cow working at the neighbors nice yesterday. Dust was appearing as we got done. First day of long john weather. Looks like the snow came down pretty low, mountains aren't out yet. Hope it melts and gets some moisture in the ground before it freezes hard.

Well, at least the snow is wet and heavy indicating higher temperatures than the dry and light snow that has burned an image in my mind of those poor little birdies that became popsicles at your place last winter. :cry:

44 F here now with a high predicted of 57 F which indicates this basin will be socked in with a heavy cloud cover. Anyone that has come down Deadman's Pass in the fall and was enjoying the sunshine just to see what looks like a million acres of snow on the level and then just like that you are dropping into the clouds that envelope the basin and may for days or even weeks. :(
Haha those frozen sparrows sure made an impression on you.
We just did chores. Its still snowing and really blowing. About 6 " of really heavy snow but somehow its still drifting a bit. Some of the thinner cows were shivering. Had to feed . Thats pretty early feeding in October. No Church this morning. We were going to look at a saddle after Church but thats not happening. Mrs Evans in making bread today.😀

Wood stove weather here this morning. Fire 🔥 feels good

48D39B6B-CFF5-4820-9FA8-25CE6C5859D5.jpeg

We have a winter storm warning, so I'll let you know tomorrow if it develops.
Had .6" of rain in the rain gauge from last night and early this morning.
It's chilly and the wind is blowing the leaves off the trees (onto the lawn--we have lots
of trees, therefor LOTS of leaves!)
Do you remove the leaves or just leave them be? :LOL:

Mr. FH has rigged up a great leaf sweep that he pulls behind his garden tractor.
He can build anything like that. He should patent it. 😉
Mr. H sounds like one of my neighbors that has two acres of leaves and uses an old side delivery rake then uses his front-end bucket to run the windrows and then piles them up and burns them. He got the idea from me blowing my leaves in windrows and then running the windrows with the mower to shred them, then once again to bag them. I would be interested in seeing Mr. H's rake attached to the tractor. What do you do with the leaves?

Here is how I process leaves in my old age. You can take an old girl off the ranch, but never take the ranch out of the old girl. Photo from last year.

New Imagel.jpg

I used to always dig deep trenches in my garden and put shredded leaves in it along with goat and sheep poo with a dressing of composted chicken poo.

Photo circa 1980 when my mom came to stay with me in the Oregon mountains. She turned away as she refused to have her photo taken wearing pants. She only wore pants while gardening in the spring. If she is looking down and seeing this post, then the Good Lord is going to add another demerit to my judgment day resume. I know this because my mother was in real tight with the Lord.

That is my Tritacale in the background. I harvested and processed it by hand and ground it using a hand stone mill. It made a heavy bread, but with a liberal amount of goat butter, it would stick to your ribs all morning.
New Imagem.jpg

48 F and NO wind here this morning about 100 miles as the crow flies north of WF. Sorry about that low temp Webbie! :ROFLMAO:
That crow must be drunk or you are to the northwest. 100 miles straight north of me would put you across the state line into Washington around Anatone.

Latest posts