• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Yesterday it just barely beat 70. A little sprinkle in the morning. Fairly good thunder storm in the evening. All together we got about 0.1 inch of rain. Today it is 75 and a beautiful day.

Yesterday it just barely beat 70. A little sprinkle in the morning. Fairly good thunder storm in the evening. All together we got about 0.1 inch of rain. Today it is 75 and a beautiful day.
We finally got more rain than you! Probably got close to 1/2"! Very little on the leased place though. Glad we got the rain as it was lightning like crazy last night.

Bummer about the skunk MC

We finally got more rain than you! Probably got close to 1/2"! Very little on the leased place though. Glad we got the rain as it was lightning like crazy last night.

Bummer about the skunk MC
I just talked to Levi. He was up on Lookout horse back yesterday. Said he got soaked twice. What was a little sprinkle here in the morning was more than that up on the mountain. Then the big one in the evening he was still up there.

We can't plant wheat around here until after the first freeze.The army worms are terrible and will eat up your sprouts before you can get there to spray.If you do get it up to 4-6 inches they will find it sooner than later.

My dad always said Dust in wheat and mud in oats. This year I am sowing beardless Triticale. Triticale is one tough hardy forage.....

It has been raining all day and really adding up. After the half-inch we got on the 11th, this one should really do some good. So far at noon, we have half an inch. It is predicted to rain on into the evening. The air is cool and refreshing. I decided to have cornbread and chili for lunch. It is that kind of day.

Last edited:
Spent the day fencing. Had two showers come along. Cooled things off nicely but the high for today was 78. Frost will hit us tomorrow night and again Monday. Fall is here

A light frost here yesterday morning. A little shower this afternoon. I don't think it has made 80 any day this last week.

Wet and cold but no snow as predicted. That suits me just fine since I have shoveled, broomed, plowed, and blown a lot of snow in my life.

After the driest summer on record, fall has been wet with at least a heavy rain every other day. Our neighborhood official backyard weather station reports we have already broken any previous record. I have been here for over 30 years and without a doubt the most fall rain I can recall.

Only one heavy frost and a couple of light ones so far. Hard to believe Thanksgiving is close.

It was 20F here yesterday morning. This morning it 30F with a stiff breeze. It rained a lot here the last week or so of October and the first week of November. Went from it is too dry, to good it is raining, to Ok stop I am having to deal with mud.
Just got back from the sale in La Grande. The wind always blows in La Grande. But this evening it was pushing me all over the road which isn't fun on the freeway.

Rained most of the night. Switched over to snow about 6 this morning. Snowing pretty nicely at the moment. Will take every molecule that falls!!!!! Will bring the cows home Friday as the temps have dropped enough to freeze the water in the pipeline. Will put them on some meadow ground and supplement them with a little hay.

Latest posts