• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Its been between _20 and minus 35 for weeks now. With the wind chill it would be more like minus 40 or 50. One day it warmed up to minus 5 and the wind blew like crazy. Filled my corrals up with a glacier. The 12 by 5 foot picture window in my living room broke. The sparrows dropped dead from their roosts in my barns and out buildings.
Alternater went in my water truck and the fan motor went in my bale truck so I had no heater in either truck through this. Just to get stuff started and running in this was a big deal. Propane freezes BTW.
Why do you punish yourself living in such a harsh place?

Yes, propane freezes just don't try thawing out a torch inside by the woodstove. I had a neighbor that did that one winter in hopes of unthawing his pipes and he had the valve open and once it started to unthaw, it blew the large glass front windows out of his log cabin and set the place on fire. Luckily his wife got out with minor burns. Despite several neighbors with large fire extinguishers, the place burned to the ground. The fire district water truck froze up by the time it got there. It was 20 below.

Posting such fridged horror stories will not help your search to find a woman to play cards with. :oops:

Crazy around here too. I gotta haul water as quick as the sun comes up and the ground is still frozen or I won't make it. Teens at night and almost 50 during the day. Muddy mess. Only snow that is left in the valley are the drifts from the wind

Why do you punish yourself living in such a harsh place?

Yes, propane freezes just don't try thawing out a torch inside by the woodstove. I had a neighbor that did that one winter in hopes of unthawing his pipes and he had the valve open and once it started to unthaw, it blew the large glass front windows out of his log cabin and set the place on fire. Luckily his wife got out with minor burns. Despite several neighbors with large fire extinguishers, the place burned to the ground. The fire district water truck froze up by the time it got there. It was 20 below.

Posting such fridged horror stories will not help your search to find a woman to play cards with. :oops:
Haha I wasn't thinking about the chasing away women part.
I was hauling water though through this to with no heater in my truck. My home made tiger torch would work unless I let the tip of the torch go down below the hose or the tank I'm not sure which and then it was like a cross between a bomb and a flame thrower.
Just misery trying to get trucks running. Had a propane camping stove under the oil pans and then after l would get the trucks going I would put it in the cab for heat but it didn't help much. Couldn't keep windshield clear. Ran off the road once. I just gunned it until I got back on the road. Good thing I didn't get stuck.
Its warm now. Thank God.

Winter weather advisory for midnight tonight through 5 pm Friday.
Gusty winds up to 45 mph, inch or two of snow.
What a change!! We need SNOW not WIND.
Wyoming without wind to build snowdrifts isn't the real Wyoming. :LOL: We are getting a lot of rain today. If this keeps up there should be some nice early grass.

HaHa! Got to 84 here today.The high for tomorrow is supposed to be 40 with wind in the 30mph range all day with gust to 50mph.Sunday AM 20 degrees.We still haven't had any rain and the county and ranch roads are powder.I wish Mother Nature would make her mind up on the temp

It is 14 out this morning at sunrise accompanied by a nice breeze. I filled the feed bunk with hay for some hungry calves and scurried back to the house and the wood stove. I keep telling myself that spring is coming but the 10 day forecast doesn't show it.

Our forecast is pretty steady. High of 30 and a low of 20 with just a few degrees fluctuation one way or the other. Only 2 days in the 10 day forecast that hit 33. Snow on some of the south facing slopes is gone but the rest looks to stay for a while. The snow pack report puts us at 106%.

27 here this morning and supposed to get up to 69.We finally,finally have a 90% chance of rain says the weatherman on Wednesday.Thursday starts out at 16 degrees and gets up to 25.Friday even worse.Starts out at 12 degrees.Looks like my poor little calves are gonna be wet and cold for a few days this week.I even have a couple mommas that seem to be holding out for the cold to have their calves.

32 below zero here, clear skies and no wind. Lotsa northern lites too known as aurora borialis

40 degrees, night rain, sun shining, morning wind ceased, and the first day of sunshine since I don't know when is driving the basin blues away. I will walk five miles today including the ditch and hayfield road and moo at the mamas with their new babies.

This afternoon it was 33 and the sun out. No wind blowing. A nice afternoon. At 4:30 I was done with chores and headed back into the house. Met the wife coming out. She was going to tend her chickens and take the dogs for a walk. Just 30 minutes later I look out a window and it is snowing sideways. Leave her in charge of the weather and she turns my nice afternoon into a blizzard......

FDDDDC45-E99D-4B0B-97C6-9F7D838C1E7B.jpeg

Latest posts