• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Rain coming tonight and cooler temps so I drained my sprinkler system, and garden hoses, and did other winterizing. All that is left is the ongoing leaf processing that never ends.

The alfalfa is about 1 foot high and hasn't grown for a couple of weeks. Freeze coming in a couple of days and then more rain.

It rained all night and now raining all-day
Puts the quietus on a fifth cutting of hay

Cold rain falling heavily with sizable drop
Reminds me of a bunkhouse chamber pot

After a heavily salted watermelon fest
Being up all night and getting no rest

It's snowing on the desert!!! 😁😁😁😁
99DD6E9D-81AE-43A7-93AB-3C0814AB0A86.jpeg

Great day for a big pot of whachagot stew!!!
I'm my case, taters, onions, carrots, beef, sausage, bell peppers, corn and broth. In the over at 275 and by 6 pm it'll be fine eating.
71CB5310-4036-4343-AD82-6F4571A279D8.jpeg

I took a bale out to the weaned calves. About the time I took the twine off the wind picked up and it started to snow/hale. When I crossed the irrigation ditch I turned toward the house and straight into the wind. Right about then a cab on the tractor sure would have been nice. I was dreading having to get off and open the gate but my darling bride was standing there bundled up with the gate open. Got to love that woman.

First frost and it was so heavy so I am reporting it to all of you as 1" of snow! :)

It was all melted by 10 AM but I still had to layer up for my walk.
FF MC AF Frst.jpg

Last edited:
A couple inches of snow that turned to rain. Probably in the upper 30's and wet. I had an early morning appointment in Baker. The freeway was a real joy.

Latest posts