• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Womens rights

Help Support Ranchers.net:

MsSage, Martin Jr, nonothing, JB, Mrs.Greg, LB
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
From the length of this thread and the last one about this topic, I can see that these libs are again grasping at straws, comparing gall bladder surgery to abortion, give me a break. You all know my position, arguing with these is a waste of time.

yeah it is but for some reason my soapbox jumped under my feet and made me LOL

I was thinking stevec said

Isn't the mother a child, too? Why should people abandon hope in them and use the law to persecute them
prey tell where did I say that? In fact I said the mother was beaten to death...by whom??? a John she had stolen from :roll:

ugggggg I am going to throw this soapbox to the curb ............

Way to goooooooooo Martin!!!!!!!!!!! Yessssssss............
If you don't like South Dakota laws.............MOVEEEEEEEE......
Society has changed there views on babies out of wedlock. So the back alley abortions would not be as it was in the 60s.
Steve....YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!
Go South Dakota!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MsSage said:
I think you aren't looking at the lives some of these unwanted children live. Have you ever cared for a child brought in due to lack of care and lacerations and infected sores covering their body? Have you ever cared for a child that socially was retarded due to lack of nurturing? Have you ever cared for a child molested? Have you ever cared for a child starved out that then gorges themself scared of when the next meal will come? Have you ever cared for a child that was given drugs to sleep so it wouldn't be a bother and their little body will never grow in the way it should have? Have you ever cared for a child abused by the hand of the people that had reckless sex and in no way planned on being parents or had the capabilities? Some of these unwanted pregnancies get to live hell here on earth. Is that fair to innocent children?
Yes I have. I teach these children EVERYDAY. I see these children fight for life with every ounch of strength they have. I have seen these children go from causing trouble to working hard and enjoying school and having hope. They may not go far in life or they may go on to college and come back to help their community. What brings about the change? Someone took an interest in one child. It might not be much other than a hug everyday.

I will give you a bit of history of one child. Born to a mother who was a prostitute did drugs, not sure which kinds since she did whatever she could get her hands on. After he was born went from one family members home to home. Was starved, beaten, used as drug mule,taught to steal and made to go in stores and steal. Watched as mother was beaten to death and then saw Auntie shot in a drive by. Has been molested by who knows how many people. Has been a behavior problem all his school life. Is on the verge of being placed in a special school for behavior problems. This childs eyes were DEAD~All hope had been stripped from him. What put light back in his eyes? A man took enough time to send in a picture of a calf. NO it was NOT me it was one of yall. He asked me if there really was a man who owned this calf and did he really send it to me for him. He said no man has ever taken the time to do something for me. He has had women do all kinds of things for him but the fact it was a MAN.

DO you not see the real PROBLEM its not that abortion would have kept him from all that pain. It is we have allowed adults to act like children and forget their responsiblities. Too many depend on "the system" to come in and fix things and take care of thier life. Too many males are walking away from their children. We have taught these children the solution to any problem is to get rid of it. We have devalued life to where you have to debate when life begins in order for you to count.

Can any of you look in that childs eyes and say your life would have been better had your mother gotten an abortion?
If you think you can pull up the picture and try.

First off I thank God my father walked away it gave me my Dad. Him leaving gave my mom the husband that loves her that does not drink and abuse her. It gave me a man that I know will always be there, not always with his mouth shut but lol always there. It gave my children a good man to call PaPa. Sometimes men leaving is a good thing Ms. Sage.

sw said:
MsSage, Martin Jr, nonothing, JB, Mrs.Greg, LB
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
From the length of this thread and the last one about this topic, I can see that these libs are again grasping at straws, comparing gall bladder surgery to abortion, give me a break. You all know my position, arguing with these is a waste of time.

I'm not liberal at all I have been raised very conservative. I just am open minded to some issues.

Way to go nonothing! :D

Soapweed said:
theHiredMansWife said:
Abortions have occurred since the dawn of time, whether "legal" or not. :( Legislation isn't the answer, education is.

Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder.

My point precisely.

You can't legislate people into abstinence. That is something that is taught. Ie, education.

theHiredMansWife said:
Soapweed said:
theHiredMansWife said:
Abortions have occurred since the dawn of time, whether "legal" or not. :( Legislation isn't the answer, education is.

Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder.

My point precisely.

You can't legislate people into abstinence. That is something that is taught. Ie, education.
Education? Are you for teaching morality? Does morality matter in government? Would you vote for the most moral candidate?

a person who is liberal:is one who is open-minded or not strict in the observance of orthodox, traditional, or established forms or ways .....or so the dicitionary says.........

I'm not for teaching morality unless it's my child I'm teaching. (speaking as a teacher, would you want me teaching your child morality?)

I am, however, all for teaching safety, self-protection (of the body and soul), and social responsibility.

And I don't know about you, but I don't generally look to politicians as an example of ideal morality. :wink:

theHiredMansWife said:
I'm not for teaching morality unless it's my child I'm teaching. (speaking as a teacher, would you want me teaching your child morality?)

I am, however, all for teaching safety, self-protection (of the body and soul), and social responsibility.

And I don't know about you, but I don't generally look to politicians as an example of ideal morality. :wink:
Frankly Erin, I wouldn't want someone with your views holding my kids attention for 8 hours a day. If you were my kids teacher, then yes, I'd want you to teach them morality. How in the world can you teach someone about the "body and soul" without teaching morality...or social responsibility without morality? You can't.

No, morality is subjective in that different people believe different things to be inarguable truths.
My morality is based on my faith. But i bet you would say the same.

Ie, our separate moralities must be subjective if you and I have different inarguable truths, and yet they even have the same basis... :)

theHiredMansWife said:
No, morality is subjective in that different people believe different things to be inarguable truths.
My morality is based on my faith. But i bet you would say the same.

Ie, our separate moralities must be subjective if you and I have different inarguable truths, and yet they even have the same basis... :)
My morality isn't based on faith Erin, it's based on the Bible. Hitlers morality was based on faith and social improvement.

Latest posts