• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

World Peace

Help Support Ranchers.net:

elwapo said:
You'll never convince someone that is illogical and unreasonable using logic and reason.
You like my little tag line. :lol: Kind of nice isn't it. If you prefer to debate logically, I'll be glad to do that . I really figured you more for the touchy feely emotional person.
My precedent saying that there is a difference between killing a murderer and beheading innocent reporters is the the laws of the United States of America.

What is your precedent for saying there is no difference?

And the radical islamists are following their interpretation of the koran (sharri law)

The bottom line is a law is not necessarily correct (the american revolution is a prime example of the struggle against unjust laws).

Innocence is in the eye of the beholder and subject to interpretation of context.

elwapo said:
The bottom line is a law is not necessarily correct (the american revolution is a prime example of the struggle against unjust laws).
Our government and our laws are our method of executing justice on behalf of our citizens. Are you saying government has no athority to establish laws or are you saying there is a more just way to carry out justice? Or something else? I don't understand your statements from a logical standpoint.

Our government and our laws are our method of executing justice on behalf of our citizens. Are you saying government has no athority to establish laws or are you saying there is a more just way to carry out justice? Or something else? I don't understand your statements from a logical standpoint

Quite simply put (again) Is that capital punishment does not work. It is proven.

under any context.

elwapo said:
Our government and our laws are our method of executing justice on behalf of our citizens. Are you saying government has no athority to establish laws or are you saying there is a more just way to carry out justice? Or something else? I don't understand your statements from a logical standpoint

Quite simply put (again) Is that capital punishment does not work. It is proven.

under any context.
You said you believe that.
We are debating your statement that the beheading and capital punishment are the same. I say they aren't.

elwapo said:
I say they are.

Both executors believe they are acting in the best interest of god and country.
Believing they are correct, or believing they aren't has no bearing on the notion that they are the same . One is the just execution of a criminal. The other is a crime against a civilian. What precedent do you use to say they are the same? ...or is it because someone dies so both have a common ending , is that the reason you feel they are the same ????

One is the just execution of a criminal.

Now you have touched the point. The jihadist (backed by his religous law) says the exact same thing in support of his actions. That is why I made the comparison.

Please show me the proof that capital punishment works in any country.

I don't wan't to put words in your mouth but you aren't really debating. Are you saying since a crazy islamic fascist "feels" he is just in beheading a civilian then capital punishment is unjust???

elwapo said:
Just because you find hanging, electrocution, gasing, and lethal injection more appealing it does not change the result.

Talk about jumping to conclusion....................geeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

elwapo said:
Please show me the proof that capital punishment works in any country.
Our laws aren't based on whether they work (meaning they lower crime) rather they are set up to be a justice system to society. The wrong has to be righted if you will.

Our laws aren't based on whether they work (meaning they lower crime) rather they are set up to be a justice system to society. The wrong has to be righted if you will.

And who rights the wrong when an innocent man is executed?

Read what you have said........... Do you honestly believe that laws are made for revenge?

If you want to discuss why the innocent suffer or the unjust laws of the U.S. we can do that later but you first have to address the fact that you said that Capital punishment and murder of a civilian are the same. Would you like to recant your statement so we can move on? Or do you have a logical argument in favor of your position?

Latest posts