• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Your favorite American president

Help Support Ranchers.net:

OT You were right about Squeeky. I rewatched that show on the Manson Women last night. However a lot of the women came from good homes and were not abused. Example Squeeky never murdered for Manson but the ones that killed that actress Sharon Stone came from good homes. Now on biography they tried to say it was because their parents had divorced but I think thats a bunch of crap. Lots of kids go through a lot worse than their parents breaking up. These girls still had good relationships with both parents.
Anyway I fell a sleep 1/4 of the way through the show so I didnt watch all of it.

CattleRMe said:
Red Robin said:
knownothing, try crayons, they'll be more entertaining for you . Or maybe try sobering up. You might enjoy life.

Red Robin try not posting your insults and your attempt at wit it will save space for the rest of those posting with some wit and good points.
Like your attempt at wit and good points directed at Katrina in another thread,young lady practice what you preach :!:

I think I am going to go with the Black Hills here.

George Washington represents the struggle for independence--and giving up personal power for your country, Thomas Jefferson the idea of government by the people. Abraham Lincoln for his ideas on equality and the permanent union of the states, and Theodore Roosevelt for the 20th century role of the United States in world affairs and the triumph of idealism over money and power (talk softly and carry a big stick).

Each of these men stood up for the the ideas that transcend individual self interest for the interest of the people in the government. They all contributed in their time the attributes the country most needed.

Im going to stick with Theodore Roosevelt. Teddy had a lot of attributes that the founding fathers had but the thing that really sticks in my mind about him was the little guy was all heart. He was just filled to the rim with try and courage. Its hard not to be inspired by the little guy.

RoperAB said:
Im going to stick with Theodore Roosevelt. Teddy had a lot of attributes that the founding fathers had but the thing that really sticks in my mind about him was the little guy was all heart. He was just filled to the rim with try and courage. Its hard not to be inspired by the little guy.

We just finished watching Seabiscuit. You have a point there, roper. That is what a good pres. has in mind when he is running the show.

Mrs.Greg said:
CattleRMe said:
Red Robin said:
knownothing, try crayons, they'll be more entertaining for you . Or maybe try sobering up. You might enjoy life.

Red Robin try not posting your insults and your attempt at wit it will save space for the rest of those posting with some wit and good points.
Like your attempt at wit and good points directed at Katrina in another thread,young lady practice what you preach :!:

Yes, ma'am.

Look back did I fling the insult first? If I did then I resorted to being an ass if not I guess I got defensive.

Faster horses said:
Oh, for pete's sake.

You need to lighten up.

How come if it was about one of your crowd you'd all jump on the wagon yet when it is about one of the random posters I need to lighten up?

Faster horses said:
Not to put words in OT's mouth, I think what he means is the TENDENCY to abuse is higher when a person grew up abused. This has been substantiated over and over. Of course, there are exceptions. But
I agree with him.

Ever notice a person that grew up with an alcoholic father, usually marries
someone that has a drinking problem? Same thing as what OT is
talking about.

**My biological father was an alcoholic I hardly ever drink I saw the sadness it brings with it. I think there are the ones of us that see how it effects a home and a family and then choose to just not be around it. Someone that drinks I would in no way be interested in I don't want it in my home. Cattlerme ( I don't know how to reply to thoughts without it being in the quote trying to clarify this is me saying it.)

Hard to not be dysfuctional if you were raised in a dysfunctional household.

**It's hard to be dysfunctional when you come from it most of us want better in our own lives and for our children. I hate it when people group people due to circumstances as children beyond their control. What exactly is dysfuntional anymore? What is the norm the American family has so changed in the past decade.

reader (the Second) said:
Since no one asked my opinion, I'm as usual posting it. Dissent and debate are GOOD. Some of us get through to some others of us over time. Don't despair (either side). We lose however when instead of a spirited debate (even sometimes a mean spirited debate), it turns into a children's playground bullying of one side and particularly of one person.

I noticed that HMW has left the group and I imagine it was because she disliked the bullying.

Me to and I miss her ideas, not that i always agreed but she brought a lot to the forum.

CattleRMe said:
reader (the Second) said:
Since no one asked my opinion, I'm as usual posting it. Dissent and debate are GOOD. Some of us get through to some others of us over time. Don't despair (either side). We lose however when instead of a spirited debate (even sometimes a mean spirited debate), it turns into a children's playground bullying of one side and particularly of one person.

I noticed that HMW has left the group and I imagine it was because she disliked the bullying.

Me to and I miss her ideas, not that i always agreed but she brought a lot to the forum.

No, she is just busy or away for a while she'll be back. I don"t think that stuff worried her much.

Latest posts