• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A Golden-Oldie from R-Calf.....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Whatever, SH. I would expect anyone who reverts back to 4th grade and calls R-CALF R-CULT to constantly view anything from them from an extremely slanted and biased view. You opinion of R-CALF means very little to me. Judging by how this board views your credibilty and truthfulness, your opinions mean very little to most as well.

Sandman: "Judging by how this board views your credibilty and truthfulness, your opinions mean very little to most as well."

Still seeking solace in your little packer blaming support groups huh? I guess if I was as factually void as you, I might do the same. Glad I'm not. Why would I care what a handful of packer blamers thinks of me? The proof is in their or your inability to back your positions or contradict mine with opposing facts. Good thing you blamers have eachother for moral support.

~SH~

SH...What matters is that they don't have a representative presenting an opinion that doesn't support policy like your beloved R-CULT.

They might or might not have a representative presenting an opinion that does not support their policy Scott, but they have had in the past. You do remember Chandler Keys and some of his statements don't you?

Tommy: "You do remember Chandler Keys and some of his statements don't you?"

Refresh my memory as if it would justify Dennis McDonald's statements.

Why do you feel you can justify Dennis McDonald's statements by actions of the NCBA?

Have you expressed your concerns to R-CULT regarding Dennis's statements?

If not, why not?

~SH~

SH...Refresh my memory as if it would justify Dennis McDonald's statements.

Scott here are just a couple.

Talking about free trade with Australia Keys said, "they never meet their quota anyway."

In 1998, Keys outraged the Mexican government when he said Mexican cattle "have more diseases than a bad bordello."

SH...Have you expressed your concerns to R-CULT regarding Dennis's statements?

Scott I do not say publicly what I express to R-CALF, and I do express an opinion to them.

T: "Talking about free trade with Australia Keys said, "they never meet their quota anyway.""

This is really desperate Tommy. They so seldom met their quota that it was virtually never. This is an exaggeration. Far from the consequences of advocating not marketing cull cows due to BSE in our native herd.

T: "Scott I do not say publicly what I express to R-CALF, and I do express an opinion to them."

Why not? I expressed my concerns with NCBA's 11 directives publicly? I don't care if desperate little blamers have a feeding frenzy with it.

I would think it would add to your credibility to express your concerns with Dennis's statement publicly. Guess not!

~SH~

Sandhusker said:
Depends on the forum. If it's a press release or official statement, it had better be from the committee or have their blessings. Other than that, everybody is entitled to voice their opinion.

Just this morning, I read where Senator Hagel(R) voiced his opinion on Iraq. He's fairly high in the national Republican heirarchy, and what he said certainly wasn't the party line.

I understand the point you're trying to make, but a representative of a group voicing personal opinions contrary to the group is an everyday occurance. Ever hear of a dissenting opinion?

Wouldn't that be highly unusual when speaking AS A REPRESENTATIVE/LEADER of an organization at a meeting of cattlemen, apparently invited by the group because they wanted to hear what R-CALF had to say?

MRJ

MRJ said:
Sandhusker said:
Depends on the forum. If it's a press release or official statement, it had better be from the committee or have their blessings. Other than that, everybody is entitled to voice their opinion.

Just this morning, I read where Senator Hagel(R) voiced his opinion on Iraq. He's fairly high in the national Republican heirarchy, and what he said certainly wasn't the party line.

I understand the point you're trying to make, but a representative of a group voicing personal opinions contrary to the group is an everyday occurance. Ever hear of a dissenting opinion?

Wouldn't that be highly unusual when speaking AS A REPRESENTATIVE/LEADER of an organization at a meeting of cattlemen, apparently invited by the group because they wanted to hear what R-CALF had to say?

MRJ

Hagel was on National TV. Was that unusual?

SH...I would think it would add to your credibility to express your concerns with Dennis's statement publicly.

Scott I don't give a rats ass what people on here think of my credibility. The people who know me personally all know whether I am credible or not. What I talk to R-CALF about is my business, not yours or anyone elses.

SH...I expressed my concerns with NCBA's 11 directives publicly?

Good for you Scott, they needed a good ass chewing over the about face.

SH's problem with the directive was that they passed them in the first place, not that leadership reversed the policy.

SH, "Go ahead Tim, I'll let you drop the inconsistancy hammer! Watch out, he's a slime ball."

If you think there's a hammer, drop away.

TimH said:
Sandhusker- "I doubt if consumers would see it that way and neither would I."

If the number of BSE positives in the native US herd reached "X", how would you see it , then?

No hammers here, Sandhusker. I'm only interested in knowing your opinion,as an R-calf member, on the above question.

T: "What I talk to R-CALF about is my business, not yours or anyone elses."

Then why the concern with my position regarding NCBA's policies?

You're such a hypocrite Tommy!

You want NCBA's blunders public but R-CULT's continuous blunders private. Not surprising!

Sandman: "If you think there's a hammer, drop away."

Since you support R-CULT and R-CULT considers Canadian beef unsafe due to the amount of BSE in their native herd, would our beef be unsafe if we had that many cases of BSE in our herd? If not, why not?

Perhaps you would like to explain McDonnell's position that we have the safest beef in the world due to our firewalls yet Canadian beef is high risk with the same firewalls. Want to try defending that one slippery?

~SH~

Sandhusker said:
MRJ said:
Sandhusker said:

MRJ

Unfortunately, no, it isn't unusual. Hagel is, at the least, putting out feelers for a presidential candidacy. I think it is reprehensible that he would use the war for political gain, as he appears to me to be doing. He has been making pretty liberal statements for quite a while now, apparently believing that is safer than taking a conservative tone.

BTW, isn't it a fact that Chandler was accurate in indicating, never mind the language he used, that Mexico does have MANY disease and parasite challenges to their cattle herd?

It is doubtful the Mexican official would have been happy to have that fact stated loud and clear, no matter the terms used.

Does anyone know how many times Australia DID meet their quota during the time frame Chandler referenced? Most people with any knowledge of the cattle/beef industry understood his meaning reasonably well, IMO.

MRJ

MRJ said:
Sandhusker said:
MRJ said:

MRJ

Unfortunately, no, it isn't unusual. Hagel is, at the least, putting out feelers for a presidential candidacy. I think it is reprehensible that he would use the war for political gain, as he appears to me to be doing. He has been making pretty liberal statements for quite a while now, apparently believing that is safer than taking a conservative tone.

BTW, isn't it a fact that Chandler was accurate in indicating, never mind the language he used, that Mexico does have MANY disease and parasite challenges to their cattle herd?

It is doubtful the Mexican official would have been happy to have that fact stated loud and clear, no matter the terms used.

Does anyone know how many times Australia DID meet their quota during the time frame Chandler referenced? Most people with any knowledge of the cattle/beef industry understood his meaning reasonably well, IMO.

MRJ

So MRJ I take it you mean with NCBA members we assume what they meant and justify it to the way we want it to ( or it sounds best that day)- but with R-CALF members you scrutinize and pick it down to the final crossed t and dotted i :roll: ....Sounds like you and SH-- think a lot alike........ :lol:

Oldtimer said:
MRJ said:
Sandhusker said:

MRJ

So MRJ I take it you mean with NCBA members we assume what they meant and justify it to the way we want it to ( or it sounds best that day)- but with R-CALF members you scrutinize and pick it down to the final crossed t and dotted i :roll: ....Sounds like you and SH-- think a lot alike........ :lol:

OT, there have been many times when we see you being the nit picker of anything connected with NCBA. Yet, when some of us try to correct outright lies, implications and innuendo by R-CALF friends, you squeal like stuck hogs. I stand by what I said re. those comments by Chandler Keys. They were slight exaggerations, but were pretty darn accurate, factually.

MRJ

SH, "Since you support R-CULT and R-CULT considers Canadian beef unsafe due to the amount of BSE in their native herd, would our beef be unsafe if we had that many cases of BSE in our herd? If not, why not?"

Yes it would. For the same occurance/head, we only need 27 more positives.

Sh, "Perhaps you would like to explain McDonnell's position that we have the safest beef in the world due to our firewalls yet Canadian beef is high risk with the same firewalls. Want to try defending that one slippery?"

Looks to me like one country's firewalls are working better than the other.

Sandhusker said:
SH, "Since you support R-CULT and R-CULT considers Canadian beef unsafe due to the amount of BSE in their native herd, would our beef be unsafe if we had that many cases of BSE in our herd? If not, why not?"

Sh, "Perhaps you would like to explain McDonnell's position that we have the safest beef in the world due to our firewalls yet Canadian beef is high risk with the same firewalls. Want to try defending that one slippery?"

Looks to me that one country is looking harder then the other. :cowboy:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Sandhusker said:

Looks to me that one country is looking harder then the other. :cowboy:

I won't argue with you on that one.

Latest posts