• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Another little story

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Yeah and quik draw is not one of them thats for sure . Well its ok quik draw you dont have to say who you are i have quit a few friends down round the area i am sure you wouldnt want to be known for stating your a cowman cause i am sure people down there think different i am pretty sure i know who you are now and if i am right its funny as hell ha ha .

So the guys who saddle up everyday to rope and doctor sick cattle on wheat pasture are second-rate? The guys who rope cattle by the hundreds on the flint hills of Kansas are just wanna-be's? The men and women that have made a living in the Sandhills of Nebraska just aren't quite tough enough, huh? The Great Basin buckaroos, the Californios, the Florida Crackers, the boys in the Deep South and the swamps, every one from Texas and Oklahoma, the cattlemen with Forest Service permits from the Colorado Rockies all the way up through British Columbia, etc., etc., ..............etc. just don't quite cut it because they're not from Arizona and there just can't possibly be anybody who has any challenges like you do, right? I just want to make sure I'm getting this right.

AZ, earlier in this thread I defended your actions with the cow and the original story --

But I'm disappointed with your arrogance and lack of manners --

You've gone over the top on this one lad --

Not that it matters to you what I or ANYONE thinks --you've made the pretty clear. But you aren't doing Arizona any favors either.

My oh my.

Looks like I leave for a day and the pack sets in. :D

Looks like ol' Az has got backed into a corner and is having to fight it tooth and claw to keep from getting bit in the flank.

I might as well jump back into the fray.

It was me who asked Az to post this story and I am plumb embarassed. I didn't realize how bad this was going to get.

Yup AZ has tuff country to work and I doubt that many on here could do what he does, day in day out.

He probably would feel like a fish out of water in lots of our country also.

Remember, you guys are the ones who took exception to what he did.

I myself am not perfect and have done some things that were pretty brutal to livestock, to make one do my will.

Az did what he did to a nasty ol' rip who shoulde have been shot. She was not making any money for the outfit and when he got done with her, she made a cow, tho' I'd sure not keep any heifers out of her.

Most of you seem upset about the copenhagen in the eyes. I've had copenhagen in my eyes. It burns about as much as when the eye doc does an eye test on me. It doesn't blind them. Remember this wasn't no house or barnyard pet.

How many of you casterate or dehorn or brand? You think that doesn't cause pain? What AZ did, tho' maybe painful, was done to improve a cows attitude. Maybe he comes off as bragging about it, but I think you all missed his intent. He was sort of pokin' fun at himself. But you all are dwelling on one small part. He ain't ever bragged on here tho' he's sure teased about how much he thinks of the people where he works and how they do their work. That is called pride.

How many of you have never, and I mean never, done something that was painful to livestock and maybe even felt embarassed about it afterword?

Let him who has not sinned cast the first stone.

If this is the way your going to treat a new member who just was relating a funny story, to me at least, then I guess I sure don't want any part of this place.

Can't we all just forget about it and go on?

I ain't sayin' Az is an angel and maybe he has made some nasty remarks, but it was only done after he was jumped on, so to speak. he just has a lot of pride.

He can ride my horses and work with my cattle anytime. I doubt he would find any of mine that needed this treatment, around here. And if they did, I would cheer him on.

How many of you have had cows run over you? Not just brush up against you, but run over you?

Remember this cow had the temperment of a bear and probably weighed at least 1100 pounds. I bet she would make a rodeo clown look at his hole card when she got on the peck.

Face it, many of us have no idea how ruff that country is, or just what it takes to get them gathered. Hell, they eat cactus and thorny brush where most of our cows would starve to death. That don't make for gentle in anybodies book.

And a lot of you are right, Az ain't been cuttin' much slack to anyone who has attacked him. But what do you expect when he has to defend himself and his actions, just roll over and play dead?

Tuff country and cattle make tuff men.

Oh well, cuss me and call me names too. I still liked the story. :)

Julie said:
AZ, earlier in this thread I defended your actions with the cow and the original story --

But I'm disappointed with your arrogance and lack of manners --

You've gone over the top on this one lad --

Not that it matters to you what I or ANYONE thinks --you've made the pretty clear. But you aren't doing Arizona any favors either.
I'll have to agree on that julie..

There are a lot of things I have done with the critters on this place that I am far from proud off. Have been run down by a 1300 pound RIP, have been tossed or chased over a fence, taken refuge in the back of pickup, under a pickup and af ew other places that were a tad bit embarassing (Although, to be fair those critters were sent down the road one way or the other ASAP.).. Mostly these crazy Chi cross and some western cattle that I would just assume go away for good... And the good lord willing they will.. The difference, and this is probably a regional thing, is you will most likely never see me put those things or the way in the end I reacted in print as it is just not something I would feel good about... There are details I would share over a drink but with the way the ASPCA and folks are in this state, well, they don't ned anymore Ammo from me.

And for the most part the tieing the cow off and even tipping her to me, while bloody was not something I would have a real problem with. The tobacoo in the eyes? Not something I would do and not something I would like done on any cattle I own..That being said old crazy arse cow would have been on the list 3 years ago and been at the golden arches and not in a pasture.

Ohh heck JB dont be embarresed , these folks just sure get mad when you give it back to them thats for sure , they can tell you all how it should be done and tell your way is wrong then acuse me of sayin that to them but you know i cant help that i wont take **** from nonone i guess thats one of my down falls and town folk just dont understand that i guess but ohh well i am done with this dead horse as well .

Say jinglebob,nothin personal against ole azcowpuncher,just takin a lil starch outa him...............good luck

PS ever time i look at the picture of him straddle that pony,looks like he is tryin ta pass a peach pitt :D :D

azcowpuncher said:
Ohh heck JB dont be embarresed , these folks just sure get mad when you give it back to them thats for sure , they can tell you all how it should be done and tell your way is wrong then acuse me of sayin that to them but you know i cant help that i wont take s*** from nonone i guess thats one of my down falls and town folk just dont understand that i guess but ohh well i am done with this dead horse as well .
:mad: We're not F'in town folks you idiot,thats whats pissin us off,grow up. JB,next time you get together with your little friend maybe explain something in the line of manners to him :!: :!: [/img]

Mrs.Greg said:
azcowpuncher said:
Ohh heck JB dont be embarresed , these folks just sure get mad when you give it back to them thats for sure , they can tell you all how it should be done and tell your way is wrong then acuse me of sayin that to them but you know i cant help that i wont take s*** from nonone i guess thats one of my down falls and town folk just dont understand that i guess but ohh well i am done with this dead horse as well .
:mad: We're not F'in town folks you idiot,thats whats pissin us off,grow up. JB,next time you get together with your little friend maybe explain something in the line of manners to him :!: :!: [/img]

That is the way it works Mrs Greg, a man can't tell his friends what to do. He can make suggestions, but then it's up to the friend.

Well looks like Azcowpuncher is makin some noise lol . But looks to me like he has good right too , I dont think that i would sit and listen to some of this stuff here i have read either . You know when you jump on a man he is likely to stand up for himself in any way he can . Well i dont wanna get involved in this thing you have goin , so take that as you may . Adios

So you'd be interested in knowing if I ever run across the same ip address from a different poster wouldn't you. After all you wouldn't want some one else in the house there or nothing would you?

Latest posts