• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Bull vs. Dogs

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Those dogs needed to be put down, if they would have been seperaated and let go..................what would they have went after next time, more cows, horse, or someones CHILD.
It might not have been there fault that they got this desperate..........
but a person has to do some things they might not like to.

baling wire said:
If you look in the background of the first picture I believe, It almost looks like a ship mast, and there is flood water on the left hand side of the road. Wonder if this could be down south with all the flooding and hurricane. Put me on the fight and I will flip you in the air too. What kind of chance did the bull have? He probably just wandered where in _ell home was. Cheri
Cheri - I believe that the "ship mast" is a utility pole. It is reasonable to assume that these pictures were taken in the South- - somewhere - - as the slough water indicates. Another observation - perhaps the 'photographer' IN FACT did help with the demise of the dogs, although the bull was adequately protecting himself - inasmuch as he was "flangin' them dawgs purdy dang gude"! I think if I were the owner of the bull I'd be V-E-R-R-R-Y careful the next time I put him in a chute for ANY reason! - - - especially for a pregnancy check! :shock: :shock: :eek: :???: :? :oops:

- - another observation - take a look at the size of the collars on these dogs! :shock: Paticularly the one sailing through the air! Collars this style are used to protect the dog's necks during pit fights. IMO - these dogs had been being used as "Pit Fighters" - against the law or not! In parts of the Deep South (!) - - -makes no difference - law or not. The musculature development of these dogs reveal that they have been trained and exercised for physical confrontations! The Bull deserves a medal!

DOC HARRIS

I just don't understand why someone would let this take place.

Red Robin said:
I think the pictures are fakes.
That was the first thought that I had upon seeing these pictures, however upon close examination - look at the shadows that are presented, particularly the one of the dog in the air - also the one by the bull's left hind leg -the dog is casting a shadow of his left hind leg. The water and mud on the road seems ligitimate. But - who knows? They do lot with 'touch-ups', but I think they are real - sadly.

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS said:
- - another observation - take a look at the size of the collars on these dogs! :shock: Paticularly the one sailing through the air! Collars this style are used to protect the dog's necks during pit fights. IMO - these dogs had been being used as "Pit Fighters" - against the law or not! In parts of the Deep South (!) - - -makes no difference - law or not. The musculature development of these dogs reveal that they have been trained and exercised for physical confrontations! The Bull deserves a medal!

DOC HARRIS

Doc,I dont believe you will find a collar on a dog at a dog fight,the collars those dogs were wearing are typical of the kind used when running hogs.

I can tell you for sure if you dont collar your dogs,by the time you get to where the hogs are bayed,half your dogs will be dead.

Most of those old collars were hand made out of used tires,with hand braded leather straps.............good luck Doc,glad to see you back.

Don't feel sorry for those dogs. Someone's little kid could have been the target if the bull wasn't there. That bull did the world a service.

Odds are the photographer wasn't about to confront those dogs either!

It is fairly safe to assume that the dogs were the agressor
So this makes the bull justified (why am I even pointing this out)
So if the bull didn't kill the dogs, someone else needed to. As far as the photographer doing something..........if he didn't have a gun, he should have stayed a safe distance.
Yes a person might want to watch the bull to decide his fate, but I have seen cattle hate dogs but wouldn't harm a flea.

The dogs are dead which is where they should be. Case closed
pablue1.gif

It is fairly safe to assume that the dogs were the agressor
So this makes the bull justified (why am I even pointing this out)
So if the bull didn't kill the dogs, someone else needed to. As far as the photographer doing something..........if he didn't have a gun, he should have stayed a safe distance.
Yes a person might want to watch the bull to decide his fate, but I have seen cattle hate dogs but wouldn't harm a flea.

The dogs are dead which is where they should be. Case closed

I still think someone let their dogs out, to have a "little fun" and he then found out they were in over their heads! ( and at that point, I don't think they could have been called off) If that's the case, he should have been the one kicked into the air, by the bull.

The photographer was a little too close to be just "passing through" and come onto this. I don't think any passing motorist would have been brave enough to get out of their vehicle to take pics and to stand that close to a bull that riled up ( or those dogs, if he didn't know them), but that's just my opinion!

Im pretty sure the dogs were shot, I have worked cattle with hard dogs for a while, and never seen the dogs lose on open ground like that.

Have you ever seen a bull stand around after gunshots? A bull that has been worked up as such?

It's an interesting thing though, we make judgements etc. but we still know the whole story! It's neat to hear, read others perception of the pictures. As they say " a picture says a 1000 words"

HAY MAKER said:
DOC HARRIS said:

DOC HARRIS

Doc,I dont believe you will find a collar on a dog at a dog fight,the collars those dogs were wearing are typical of the kind used when running hogs.

I can tell you for sure if you dont collar your dogs,by the time you get to where the hogs are bayed,half your dogs will be dead.

Most of those old collars were hand made out of used tires,with hand braded leather straps.............good luck Doc,glad to see you back.
Hey, HAY MAKER - I am glad to learn something about the dogs! I did not know anything about running hogs, but I can just imagine what the dogs would look like if a bunch of feral hogs got hold of them! :shock: :roll: I have never fought dogs, but I know that years ago when they used to fight English Bulldogs in dog-fight rings they put collars on them with spikes extending outward all around the collar to prevent the 'other' dog from getting a grip on "your' dog's neck! Sheesh - that would do a real job on a mouth! That was the reason a lot of English Bulldogs were (and still are) named "Spike". Good example: The tough dog in the old Tom and Jerry cartoons!..... I still like to watch those darned things! :D :lol: :lol: They are a heck of a lot better than most of these %$())&@*^ sit-coms and Soapers cluttering up the air ways!

DON'T GET ME STARTED!

DOC HARRIS

Since nobody asked for it, here is my opinion. :D

As others have mentioned, the flood water and the downed power-lines would indicate a "storm aftermath" area. Entirely possible. Hungry stray dogs may be capable of this.

Here is an alternate possibility.......and only a possibility........

The fact that there is a still photographer there, shooting these pictures close in, tells me he was not alone.....

Could it be that there was another photographer there, as well, shooting "moving pictures" of this event?
It is sad to say, but the fact is that footage of a battle like this would be worth some money in certain circles. Whether the dogs were turned on the bull on purpose or if the "photographers" just happened upon it is another arguement.

Just a "theory". :lol:

Murgen said:
Doc, no matter, I still say, someone put the dogs up to this!

I agree Murgen,it was staged who,why and where is the question,and I dont believe for a minute the dogs were killed by the bull,and the photographer was too experienced,you ever try to take a picture of a flying dog with one of these point and shoot digitals,pretty damn sick entertainment............good luck

Murgen said:
Doc, no matter, I still say, someone put the dogs up to this!
Oh - I agree with you - absolutely! The. . . . . . .individual who instigated this should be Tarred and Feathered . . .and a few other things to boot! :shock: :mad: :cry:

DOC HARRIS

I don't think I could have stopped something like that. I don't travel with a gun and you could not have paid me enough to step into that fight!
As far as my opinion on pit bulls...I've met some nice pitbulls at the vet clinic I work for, but I still don't trust them. I think it is just common sense to be wary of a breed that is known to be aggressive.

Latest posts