• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Cattle trade may resume soon

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hey red,

Sorry to see you go,
Sorry to see you go,
Hope the heck you never come back
Sorry to see you go.

Please take the hint and get lost. So far no one has appreciated
anything you have posted~which says a lot for the integrity of
the folks on ranchers.net

We have witnessed this kind of hate before and we probably will again but I hope either he learns to tone it down and if not then he should go into the WAS member file just like others before him. :? Please remember that posters like this seldom last long. No need to lose the good posters by letting him drag you down into the mud with him. :(

redriver said:
Maple Leaf Angus,
I don't think that I need any lecturing from some leech from Ontario. Easterners aren't much higher on the evolutionary scale than the red-neck americans who irritate the world.
My approach is not the "Canadian way"? What exactly is the "Canadian way"? To bend over for the US while we get screwed time and time again? Their illegal trade actions and other BS have cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars, and you expect me to bend over even farther? They run around the world interfering in sovereign nations governments and killing innocent people, and you expect me to applaud them? They lie, cheat, and backstab, and you expect me to call them friend.
It ain't gonna happen.

So the Westerners who gave you a rebuke are leeches, too? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am truly sorry for the state in which you find yourself. Go get professional help for yourself and begin to enjoy life again. I have had to do that and while it didn't change the circumstances, it helped to keep a much healthier outlook on life. Therefore, I can move forward, not backward.

Darn, there I go lecturing again.

But I do wish you all the best. And that is the Canadian way.

Goodbye, redriver.

redriver said:
Maple Leaf Angus,
I don't think that I need any lecturing from some leech from Ontario. Easterners aren't much higher on the evolutionary scale than the red-neck americans who irritate the world.
My approach is not the "Canadian way"? What exactly is the "Canadian way"? To bend over for the US while we get screwed time and time again? Their illegal trade actions and other BS have cost me hundreds of thousands of dollars, and you expect me to bend over even farther? They run around the world interfering in sovereign nations governments and killing innocent people, and you expect me to applaud them? They lie, cheat, and backstab, and you expect me to call them friend.
It ain't gonna happen.

As much as the whole closed border thing annoys the hell out of me, I know many Americans who I call friends. They may be a bit brash, a little too patriotic and a bit uninformed but I've never found them to be stupid. Overall I think they are fine people. Graduating on the Dean's Honour list doesn't impress me much. I know several people who are educated well beyond their intelligence. As far as IQ goes, 130 isn't that high in the western world. Genius is 150, so you are still a fair bit short of that. Your comment on the twin towers was way out of line. I can understand your frustration, but for a person with a university degree who claims to be intelligent, you sure have a poor way of expressing yourself.

redriver,

Tone it down and stick around.

Not every American producer supports the lying, backstabbing, isolationist antics of R-CULT. I certainly don't!

Don't paint all Americans with such a broad brush.

RM: "All of the Canadian cattle people I have met and talked to in person have been really nice people and I, for one, would never let a jerk like redriver influence my opinion of all Canadians."

But that sure wouldn't stop you from supporting a lying, deceptive outfit like R-CULT that would outwardly claim Canadian beef is "high risk" because they had BSE in their native herd then turn around and claim "U.S. beef is the safest in the world" after we had BSE in our native herd considering that the BSE precuationary measures of both countries are the same.

You bet Robert, pat the Canadians on the back with one hand and hand R-CALF a $50 with the other hand so they can lie about the safety of their beef. What a hypocrite!

RM: "SH, every country has the right to mark imports by country of origin(including live cattle) and have the country of origin identified to the consumer."

Precisely why we don't need this flawed, unjustified law.

RM: "In every poll of USA consumers, the vast majority want to know country of origin of their food."

That's not true! The latest poll I saw proved the Country of Origin is way down the list of consumer priorities. If that wasn't true, Walmart would not be in the position they are today with their foreign products.

The obvious is that if consumers wanted country of origin, they would be falling all over themselves to buy source verified branded beef products and retailers would be providing them.

RM: "Then why isn't all imported beef labeled to the consumer???"

1. Consumers aren't asking for it.

2. Most imported beef is blended with our 50/50 trim TO ADD VALUE TO IT. What value does a "BLENDED BEEF" label have? NONE!

RM: "Formula pricing and price differentiation between prime and standard does not establish live cattle market prices...supply vs. demand does...and buyers always buy as cheap as possible."

Formula and grid pricing may not establish the base price but it establishes price premiums for certain carcass specifications.

Buyers can only buy as cheaply as their competition allows them.

The obvious is that live cattle prices track with boxed beef prices.

~SH~

The act of deperation is by R-Calf not AMI!!!

Today 7/11/2005 3:36:00 PM

Jolley: AMI Brings Out Heavy Artillery In Their Dispute With R-CALF

Just two days prior to the U.S. Court of Appeals hears arguments on the temporary injunction granted in March that prevents the reopening of the U.S. border to Canadian cattle, the American Meat Institute fired a broadside at R-CALF in a strongly worded advertisement published this morning in Roll Call, the newspaper of Capitol Hill. It was developed, said AMI officials, "to expose the games that are being played to prevent restoration of full beef and cattle trade with Canada."

The ad, called R-CALF-OPOLY, is headlined, "To a group called R-CALF, trade is a game. To Americans, it's serious business." Designed to look like the well-known board game, it accuses some cattle producers of employing isolationist tactics to keep Canadian cattle out of the U.S. The ad can be viewed on an AMI sponsored web site by clicking here: http://www.openbeefborders.com.

According to AMI President J. Patrick Boyle, "If there were a food safety issue, the negative economic impact might possibly be justified. But Canadian and U.S. cattle and beef are produced in virtually identical fashion under virtually identical federal rules. Both are equally healthy and safe. There is simply no food safety argument that can be made to justify that economic devastation that is being inflicted upon the U.S. beef industry. We are helping to create our biggest competitor in Canada and that will harm the U.S. beef industry long-term."

"We believe it is imperative that lawmakers on Capitol Hill and others within the beltway recognize the efforts that have kept the border closed for what they are: isolationism designed to benefit a limited number of cattle producers," Boyle said.

Bill Bullard, R-CALF's C.E.O., called the timing of the ad "unfortunate" and it glossed over important health and safety issues. "It's an act of desperation on their part and it's clear their strategy is to win public support but the arguments they make have already been considered by the courts."

"We're talking about legitimate issues that stand in the way of economic benefits to the AMI membership," he continued. "The hearing on Wednesday is really a decision about continuing the trade embargo until the July 27th trial which will consider all the facts. Since the potential risks occur immediately when the border is opened, we think continuing the preliminary injunction until then makes sense." :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

redriver said:
Mike, quoting a pos like Rush doesn't make you look very intelligent. Like I said, it is people like you and Rush, not to mention Bush, that causes people to hate the US. When are you morons going to learn? It's just too bad that the twin towers weren't full of losers like you. There were too many good people lost in that revenge attack.[/b]

redriver, thankfully you don't speak for many of the Canadians I know. I have banged heads with a few on this site but it hasn't been because they are simply American. Do us all a favor and clean up your act or get lost.

beentheredonethat said:
Nothing will be done, Gravlee is a blatant Canadian lover who lives in Mexico. Pretty soon it will Catfish Ranchers.NET. What a joke this site has become. TAM, SASH, SH, SANDHUSKER you all need to get a life, your simply internet trolls, this message board has taken over your lives. You all keep talking but no one is listening. This is what happens to message boards, a few trolls like yourselves cause the board to implode on itself. You people are pathetic, i pity your poor families.

Nebrusker? Is that you? We've missed you. How are those sheep doing? I heard you wore out two sets of velcro gloves since the last time you were here. What's new?

In the words of that great Canadian bard, Fred Penner, has "The Hat Came Back"? I think it would be fun to lurk on a board devoted to Nebrusker and redriver. For a few minutes, anyway. :wink:

If redriver is really from southeastern Manitoba, odds are that the whole farm is under water right now, and he's just a little cranky. :?

Settle down red, tone it down, and get to know some Americans one on one. You will find they are not so different from us. 8)

Quote: "...isolationism designed to benefit a limited number of cattle producers,' Boyle said."

And all this time I thought all cattle producers in the USA were getting these high prices. :???: :eek: :???: :wink: So why is Ag. Sec. Judas saying cattle prices are too high??? :?

Quote: "We are helping to create our biggest competitor in Canada and that will harm the U.S. beef industry long-term."

I thought Tyson and Cargill were created in the USA :???: and how can they compete with themselves? :???:

Quote: "We are helping to create our biggest competitor in Canada and that will harm the U.S. beef industry long-term."

I thought Tyson and Cargill were created in the USA and how can they compete with themselves?

If what you say is true, then you are supporting consolidation of the large packers. The ones that are going to get hurt by this closed border are the smaller packers in the northern states. By keeping the border closed, you are helping Cargill and Tyson eliminate the competion.

Kato,
Yeah, you're right. Sorry for the ranting. You're also right that the farm is under water, and yes, I am a bit cranky. We grow wheat that has been targeted with illegal tariffs by the US, and our cattle aren't worth squat because of r-calf, and now mother nature is hammering in the final nail in our coffins. It does wear on your nerves.
But you are correct that the vast majority of our American friends are just like us, and are not necessarily having an easy go of it either. It just seems like the biggest loudmouths and liars always get the press, and I'm just a little jealous that US polititians actually listen to these guys and get things done, even if those things turn out to be illegal or ill-advised. At least they do something.
I guess the last straw was when Cebull misused his power to help r-calf. It just amazes me that some two-bit judge can wield such power in the US. I thought their system was a bit more modern than that.
Oh well, I'll try to be nicer, maybe the weather will stay dry for a while and the cows won't drown. :? [/b]

SASH: "If what you say is true, then you are supporting consolidation of the large packers."

NOT ME...I'm rolling my own...undermining them big boys one animal at a time. Don't tell 'em though...in a few thousand years, I figure I'll have made a dent in their infrastructure. :twisted:

SASH said:

I thought Tyson and Cargill were created in the USA and how can they compete with themselves?

If what you say is true, then you are supporting consolidation of the large packers. The ones that are going to get hurt by this closed border are the smaller packers in the northern states. By keeping the border closed, you are helping Cargill and Tyson eliminate the competion.

The other side of the coin, SASH, is that by shutting up and letting the USDA open the border, you are condoning the USDA's actions of abandoning a health policy for the economic benefit of big business - without even a half-hearted attempt at following protocol and requirements set by congess. The money has put is in a no-win situation.

RobertMac said:
Quote: "...isolationism designed to benefit a limited number of cattle producers,' Boyle said."

And all this time I thought all cattle producers in the USA were getting these high prices. :???: :eek: :???: :wink: So why is Ag. Sec. Judas saying cattle prices are too high??? :?

{ RM, why do you not get it that Johanns was speaking from the consumers point of view when he said that? Did he say HE BELIEVED cattle prices are too high? I don't think so! MRJ}

I thought Tyson and Cargill were created in the USA :???: and how can they compete with themselves? :???:

Sandman: "The other side of the coin, SASH, is that by shutting up and letting the USDA open the border, you are condoning the USDA's actions of abandoning a health policy for the economic benefit of big business - without even a half-hearted attempt at following protocol and requirements set by congess. The money has put is in a no-win situation."

Did USDA abandon their health policy by banning ruminant feeds?
Did USDA abandon their health policy by increasing their BSE surveilance testing?
Did USDA abandon their health policy by banning the slaughter of downer cows?
Did USDA abandon their health policy by removing all SRMs from cattle over 30 months of age?

THOSE HEALTH POLICIES???

Oh, what you really meant to say is that USDA never listened to R-CULT's isolationist sniffling in their misguided attempt to stop Canadian live cattle imports.

~SH~

MRJ: "RM, why do you not get it that Johanns was speaking from the consumers point of view when he said that? Did he say HE BELIEVED cattle prices are too high? I don't think so!"

You know, MRJ, I believe you're right...he was speaking from the consumers perspective that beef prices are too high. Now if you believe Agman, and I think we do, the packers and retailers are efficient and work on a tight margin..so they have no room to give on prices. So that leaves the procurement side which is the price they pay for cattle. So when Ag. Sec. Judas says the price of beef is too high...in reality he IS SAYING THE PRICE OF CATTLE IS TOO HIGH. You may think it is just fine to have a Sec. of Ag. working to take money out of your pocket, but I don't...but then, you are NCBA and they are helping!!! :mad: :mad:

Keep up the good posts redriver. This site gets boring without you hat nebrusker.We may be assholes but people all over the world keep coming here to work and live every day.I think you all should elect silver prime minister.He at least believes that him and his countrymen can relie on themselves and thier ability.

mj..."RM, why do you not get it that Johanns was speaking from the consumers point of view when he said that? Did he say HE BELIEVED cattle prices are too high? I don't think so!"

Mike Johanns quote...If beef supplies don't increase and drive down prices, "American consumers will start choosing other sources of protein," he said. "The price of beef is getting very, very high per household."

Latest posts