• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Has anyone noticed...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told about this thread and asked to both look and not too look. I said I wouldn't be back, but I feel I would be remiss if I didn't say to all of you,

If I have in any way offended, upset or hurt you, I ask for your forgivness.

I ask God to bless each and every one of you.

I can be reached by going to my website for all my info at

www.dennisranch.com

Maybe I will see or hear from some or all of you in the future.

I hold no ill will towards anyone on this site.

Why not just let your yappy little buddy dig his own hole and come back yourself. Not the first man who received grief because of a friends big mouth.

You told me that I had put a knife in your back.. :? :? :? :? ..man, I bet that hurts when ya sit down type then!!!

Soapweed said:
Julie said:
I personally think it got quiet because the majority of the folks here have to work.

That never stopped anyone before. :)

By the way, we are enjoying your book. On the trip to Canada, several of the stories were read aloud as we traveled. They drew lots of laughs, and nods of approval that you sure know your subjects well.

I just ordered myself a copy! :) Looking forward to it!

Northern Rancher said:
Imagine if a bunch showed up in ballcaps-rubber boots and coveralls and kicked butt at a ranch roping lol. Clothes don't make the cowboy at least not up here lol. I don't Jigs personally but I'm sure he had a 'stable' ongoing relationship ith any sheep he has been intimate with. Us Scotchmen wear kilts so never have the woiol in the zipper problem lol.

well, I am not a whore. my sheep believe in monogomy....you are more than welcome to come down here with your kilt, but stay away from the ones with the blue ribbons !!!

wow you guys sound like a bunch of school girls. seriously, grow up. find something better to do then sit around and think that ya'll are something special for making a guy relize that he dont need you guys ragging on his every word. i like the other board. you can sit there and tell a story or make a joke and no one is going to have a hissy fit over it. i admitted that i was a farm girl on there and i didnt get banned, so maybe its a little bit more then that. think about it people.

One of the axioms on which the new board is founded:

We have no problem if you wanna look around and read and not post much but this is a interactive board if you do not make any posts and at least say howdy within the first two days you will be deleted . - Azcowpuncher

This brings to mind all of the "lurkers" that hung out at Ranchers.Net months and even years before they eventually joined. Sometimes a person would like to get a big toe wet before they dunk their whole body deep into hot water. :wink:

I don't think anyone here even got 2 days....I got only 5 hours before I got " 86'd" as they say in cowboy lingo!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I lurk all the time on other forums........... Sometimes it's just to priceless to say anything.
How can you top wool in my zipper jigs!!!!!! I laughed all night about that..

Those cowboys are just being extra careful to keep out their natural enemies..................................

"INDIANS"!!!!

kolanuraven said:
I don't think anyone here even got 2 days....I got only 5 hours before I got " 86'd" as they say in cowboy lingo!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Being not a very authentic cowboy, and not knowing all the lingo, I had to look up the term. (Yeah, Kola, the search on Google even made you some more money. :) ). Anyway, it is not a cowboy term so much as a restaurant term. Maybe someone worked at McDonalds' and learned the jargon there. :wink:

1. 86'd 67 up, 8 down

Not available. No longer allowed(in an area or premisis).

"The Salmon on the menu has been 86'd. We sold out of it." or "He has been 86'd from this establishment."

by Alfredo Herard Aug 1, 2003

2. 86'd 24 up, 5 down

Restaurant industry jargon for an item that has been removed, temporarily from the menu and is no longer available to be sold or served. Usually for the reason that the supply of said item has run out.

The deal with the preschool fell through, so the filet of child sandwhich is 86'd.

tags out 86'ed scratched voided no more
by GFW Texas Aug 1, 2006

3. 86'd 21 up, 12 down

Eliminated, rubbed out, scratched, or, more bluntly, killed.

For a more accurate definition see 86.

They 86'd Vinnie Pagliaguzzi after he went to the police with information about last week's heist.

by Rodney Basil May 5, 2004

4. 86'd 12 up, 5 down

During the prohibition days there's a speakeasy at 86 Bedford St. in the Village in Manhattan. When the coppers came for a raid, the shout was your all 86'd, in other words, get oughta here. The place is still there called CHUMLEYS, if you can find the secret entrance!

Your all 86'd. Get outta here!

tags go scram fuhgettaboutit cheese it your outta here.
by mazurk brooklyn Mar 26, 2007

5. 86'd 7 up, 10 down

All out, none, zero, no tengo, sold out, no more, done with, we have no more.

"86 the steak!" "We 86'd the chicken"

tags kitchen talk kitchen vocabulary food kitchen chef
by Chef Brunson santa clara May 11, 2006

Mike said:
Those cowboys are just being extra careful to keep out their natural enemies..................................

"INDIANS"!!!!

Hey now!!!! :lol: :lol:

Don't make me go " tribal" on you!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts