• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Holden Herefords

Help Support Ranchers.net:

krenwick24

Reaction score
I am in the market for a very good horned hereford bull. Can anyone here talk about direct experiences with them?

WVGenetics said:
You need deep pockets

Does that mean they are good? ;-) There may be some breeders closer to me that have used the Line 1 genetics and may be more adapted to my environment?

I am a Line 1 hereford breeder. I would rather you buy a bull from me but I dang sure can't knock Jack. Most if not all my cows have HH somewhere in their pedigree. Same with Mark Cooper. Tremendous individuals who have dang good cattle.

PM me if you need more info.

I'd be looking real hard at A.I.

And if you want to use Jack's bulls, give him a call---he's a nice guy, tell him about you and your cows and pick his brain about what's in his semen tank ---or available from a stud---that he'd recommend. And if you got your heart set on a bull, talk about that.

Contact Ace Diemert and get a bull from him. You don't need deep pockets.
also less chance of prolapse being brought into your herd.

I won't post here my true feelings considering that line breed just put it this, will never ever buy anything with that blood line in it ever again.

the bull I bought from Ace is a dandy. very happy with it..... you can find good cattle at places with out the brand name hoopla if you really look.....

It wasn't their bulls we had but some of their cows. Neighbor had one of their bulls and only kept him for a year. The price he paid for him that was expensive burger.

Ace those 2 bulls we got from you did great last year. Already have 5 calves on the ground and the way they cows are bagging we should get done quickly this year.
So far Bear's calves are mid 70's on BW and the other bull we call Pete threw a 67 BW heifer. Look on facebook page I got pics up.

any recent pics of our Boys? Bet jigs would like to see them. :D

Probably could find just as good of bulls that are not near as fat closer to home. We have used some Holden bulls that were no better than some of the local bulls at half the price. There are alot of small breeders that have excellent Line 1 genetics.

I Luv Herfrds said:
It wasn't their bulls we had but some of their cows. Neighbor had one of their bulls and only kept him for a year. The price he paid for him that was expensive burger.

Ace those 2 bulls we got from you did great last year. Already have 5 calves on the ground and the way they cows are bagging we should get done quickly this year.
So far Bear's calves are mid 70's on BW and the other bull we call Pete threw a 67 BW heifer. Look on facebook page I got pics up.

any recent pics of our Boys? Bet jigs would like to see them. :D
yes he would !!!!

I have calved out hundreds of straight Line 1 females, Holden, Cooper, Miles city, blood lines with Zero!!! Ziltsh!!! Nata!!! prolapse problem!!! I feel I'm fairly knowledgeable about cattle but if I ever had one I'd be like one of the new comers asking what kind i had what to do and how to prevent it in the future???? We had some years and years ago in our commercial herd of all kind of different bloodlines that we'd cram back in and put a coke bottle at the end of a broom brush and then tie it to the tail but those where the good ol days!!! I think most of the problems then were mismanagement, calving difficulties and people over sleeping.

Good luck Ace!!! Hope to hell she doesn't' have any trouble with yours.

Ned so far nada zip zilch trouble with Ace's stock.
No sign of prolapsing, no sign of cancer on the eye like that 5yo holden cow we had.
No bull running through the fences. Yep that was our neighbors bull going through his fence then ours.

you're lucky to have not had these peoblems.

Talked to another Hereford breeder and they were looking for stock that did not have this bloodline either.
word is getting out.

I Luv Herfrds said:
Ned so far nada zip zilch trouble with Ace's stock.
No sign of prolapsing, no sign of cancer on the eye like that 5yo holden cow we had.
No bull running through the fences. Yep that was our neighbors bull going through his fence then ours.

you're lucky to have not had these peoblems.

Talked to another Hereford breeder and they were looking for stock that did not have this bloodline either.
word is getting out.

Just put an Angus bull on your Hereford cows. Baldies are pretty hot property. :wink:

418935_10150677270180476_643940475_11407672_699554751_n.jpg

430119_10150677269480476_643940475_11407668_570718824_n.jpg

Latest posts