• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Not The Weekend I Expected

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Workinonit said:
NorhternRancher, my thoughts and prayers go to you, Ty, your family and the family of the boy who was killed. I'm so sorry to hear that.

As far as your chemo goes, maybe you'll be one of the fortunate ones who are not too adversley affected by it. I know a few folks who handled it pretty well, with very few ill side effects.

God speed and hang in there, you're a "tough old bird".

K

Our old neighbor said the secret was to eat lots of potatoes and gravy to counter act the chemo. :???:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Our old neighbor said the secret was to eat lots of potatoes and gravy to counter act the chemo. :???:

I seem to recall that one of my fiends did eat alot of potatoes during that time. But then again he always ate alot of poataoes :lol: .

K

I think from now on you can just refer to me as Chemosabe!!! Had a bit too much fun at the Kerrobert rodeo last night-about 30 townies jumped the boys after the dance it got pretty western for about an hour. Some swollen hands were had by all-except this old dog I was asleep-alot of help I was. My five lirttle twisters got backed into a ball diamond and held their own until the police came and run the other ones off.

I'd post this in political bull but those naysayers can't stand to hear anything good about our health system. I visited my local Dr. and I guess my CEA blood count is extremely low-11-which is great for me. He scheduled an appointment just in case chemo gets me down and gave me his cell phone number if I have any troubles. Short of tucking me ion at night and cutting my food for me I can't see it getting any better!!

Well they plumbed in an IV line through my bicep to just above my heart-it stays in all the time. Not supposed to get it wet-so today I don an A'I glove to hit the shower. I get the bright idea to tape the open end shut-my good lady wife taped it firmly to every hair in my armpit-now that brought tears to my eyes ripping it loose. chemo starts tomorrow but I'm going to go catch the spartans football game in Delisle on the way home.

PureCountry said:
it's that much less hair to fall out from the treatments! All the best. :wink:

Hmmm, one of my friends never did lose his hair, in fact it grew in thicker. Who knows.

Best of luck to you NR. Enjoy the game.

K

mom lost her hair, due to chemo. but it grew back curly, and a diffenerent color. haha

where she had her radiation treatment(under her arm) there is no more hair, it just doesnt grow back.

Hope you get better soon NR.

What is ty taking at MSU?

Canadian_Cowgirl said:
mom lost her hair, due to chemo. but it grew back curly, and a diffenerent color. haha

where she had her radiation treatment(under her arm) there is no more hair, it just doesnt grow back.

Hope you get better soon NR.

What is ty taking at MSU?

Dumb question- he is on a rodeo scholarship-- which means he's majoring in buckle polishing :wink: :p :lol: Except I understand the male/female ratio has went in favor of the women lately with more men then women..

yeah ty is on a full ride rodeo deal-he's pretty particular about who gets close to his buckle-he's down in south sask.bowhunting this weekend better than partying it upback at college i suppose. got my chemo pump on today after three hours of treatments at the hospital. booked it to delisle and watched the football teamplay after the hospital.they lost but considering we lost all our backfield that averaged 400 yards a game and 90 percent of a defence that had games with negative total yards against the boys did great-nothing is broke that can't be fixed.bill 'the undertaker' baker was there to watch a CFL hall of famer kind of an interesting guy.All I need now is a beer helmet to put my chemo pump in. It was sweet watching themmosquitoes stagger off after sucking up some poison blood out of me.

Glad to hear you haven't lost your sense of humor NR. Thanks for keeping us in the know on how you are doing. We are pulling for you.

Ty just texted me-he made a two milke stalk on a 200 inch mulie the last eighty through water-when it stood up he shot a 15 yards but hit a branch and shot under it. He hasn't replied so I imagine he'll be on it like a wolf rest of day. I haven't seen anybody whine and cry themselves better from anything unless it's having too many friends.

Northern Rancher you amaze me! Hope you know we are all pulling for ya and your family! Keep up the great attitude and never give up the fight. Holler if we can do anything for ya! :D Tell Ty to quit screwing around and get kill that buck! I NEED TO SEE THE PICTURES! :wink:

Leanin' H I wush I could take you hunting mulies up here. If you want to take a family holiday with a camera-I can probably get you in tight to record bookmulies, whities and moose all in the same morning-sometimes in the same frame. the mulie hunting here is phenomenal one trip Ty saw 56 bucks in two days about half pope and young and a few booners. Hunting canada and Beyond has just come out with a mule deer video shot pretty close to where we hunt. Jason Peterson can hunt-not much flash but they kill big deer.

Leanin' H I wush I could take you hunting mulies up here. If you want to take a family holiday with a camera-I can probably get you in tight to record bookmulies, whities and moose all in the same morning-sometimes in the same frame. the mulie hunting here is phenomenal one trip Ty saw 56 bucks in two days about half pope and young and a few booners. Hunting canada and Beyond has just come out with a mule deer video shot pretty close to where we hunt. Jason Peterson can hunt-not much flash but they kill big deer.

Northern Rancher said:
Ty just texted me-he made a two milke stalk on a 200 inch mulie the last eighty through water-when it stood up he shot a 15 yards but hit a branch and shot under it. He hasn't replied so I imagine he'll be on it like a wolf rest of day. I haven't seen anybody whine and cry themselves better from anything unless it's having too many friends.
ty get the mulie? your too busy giggling to whine..... :wink: 8)

Latest posts