• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

polygamy

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I don't care what she calls him at home or to his face, but on this forum it just shows a lack of respect for him as far as I'm concerned. Makes her look like she THINKS she is superior. It isn't him that looks bad from her calling him her 'lesser half'. It is she that looks bad.

All she needs to do, since we have expressed our feelings, is to quit doing it here and we can move on. If she continues to do it, I will feel like she is rubbing our nose in it as we really can't do anything about it.

Guess it's her choice. But it leaves some of us with a bad feeling.

This has got me to thankin, about when I refer to my hubby as Mr Lilly. I in no way intend for it to be a putdown. (Hope ya'll dont see it that way either)
Apparently reality doesn't matter, Lilly. The only thing that matters is the perception.
And anyone who calls their husband Mr. HerFirstName, must be putting him down. How degrading. I'm sure his psyche is damaged for life... :(
You probably make him drive so you can sit in the back and pretend he's your chauffer, eh? (I'm being sarcastic of course)

BTW, I find it rather amusing that everyone (or rather the same catty handful that keeps resurfacing) is so concerned about how I refer to him, yet I refer to myself (in every single post, btw) as TheHiredMan'sWife Ie, I don't even have my own identity, just the connection to his. Yet no one seems overly worried about that.
But then that wouldn't fit with this junior high game of harrassment, so it's conveniently ignored. :lol:
Sorry, but "lesser half" has just always brought back some ugly memories!!
I'm glad you've gotten that it's a joke between us, ranchwife.
And I understand. A friend of my folks' when I was a kid had a Golden Retriever named Apple Blossom. I always think of her when Soapweed refers to Peach Blossom. :wink:

All she needs to do, since we have expressed our feeling
Excuse me??
it's been established that this is not my problem, but rather that of those who want to make it theirs. Are you going to insist that Lilly quit referring to her husband as Mr. Lilly?

HMW, that must stand for "High and Mighty Woman". You really can't take a hint, can you. Doc Harris came up with "Peach Blossom" and I thought it to be more appropriate and affectionate than "Mrs. Soapweed", so I started calling her that. Jersey Lilly calls her husband "Mr. Lilly" but that is not demeaning, it just designates that he is her husband. If you think "lesser half" is funny, you are quite warped. It might be funny to you and to him, as an inside family joke, but to the rest of us it stinks. But go ahead and keep on keeping on, Miss High and Mighty, we'll learn to live with it.

By the way, I don't know what is wired so wrong in some of you people's brains that you think it's okay to be so nasty to people. And in my case, the excuse is that I tease my husband?!?! (whom you don't even know, much less know how much he teases me).
It just blows my mind.

Remind me again what good Christian folks are on this site....?

Soapweed said:
HMW, that must stand for "High and Mighty Woman". You really can't take a hint, can you. Doc Harris came up with "Peach Blossom" and I thought it to be more appropriate and affectionate than "Mrs. Soapweed", so I started calling her that. Jersey Lilly calls her husband "Mr. Lilly" but that is not demeaning, it just designates that he is her husband. If you think "lesser half" is funny, you are quite warped. It might be funny to you and to him, as an inside family joke, but to the rest of us it stinks. But go ahead and keep on keeping on, Miss High and Mighty, we'll learn to live with it.

uh huh. But there's no way it could possibly be that you just have a double standard. :roll:

Shoot NR, have at it. The chickens are pecking and pecking, trying to draw blood, you might as well have your turn, too. :p

It doesn't really matter what I think about what HMW calls her husband,but I do think this thread is getting quite nasty!

theHiredMansWife said:
This has got me to thankin, about when I refer to my hubby as Mr Lilly. I in no way intend for it to be a putdown. (Hope ya'll dont see it that way either)
Apparently reality doesn't matter, Lilly. The only thing that matters is the perception.
And anyone who calls their husband Mr. HerFirstName, must be putting him down. How degrading. I'm sure his psyche is damaged for life... :(
You probably make him drive so you can sit in the back and pretend he's your chauffer, eh? (I'm being sarcastic of course)

it's been established that this is not my problem, but rather that of those who want to make it theirs. Are you going to insist that Lilly quit referring to her husband as Mr. Lilly?

Not to keep kicking a dead horse, but here is another place your Erinoneous thinking isn't on target. You say, "and anyone who calls their husband Mr. Her First Name must be putting him down." For the record, her "pen name" is Jersey Lilly. Jersey is her first name, Lilly is her surname. Eli Lilly was a well-respected developer of pharmaceuticals. Lilly is a common surname, and I know a real fine gentleman that has that for his last name. If your reasoning was on target, she'd be calling him Mr. Jersey, which she isn't.

I should be wise like NR and not comment. I really don't care what any of you call your respective partners. It just came me that since this is a thread on polygamy, ya'all outta think about potentially different fractions. Instead of lesser or better half, how about the lesser or better 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, and so on???? :evil: :twisted: :D :lol:

I've been reading the comments and now I have some thoughts. I, too, seem to have difficulty knowing what to call my husband when I include him in a post on here. If I say "hubby" does that sound too wishy-washy? If I say "partner" does that sound too business like and cold? "Better Half" we all show our better sides certain days. But all in all our mates are all of these labels wrapped up in one big bow.

!!!! Whew!!!!! This has gotten wierd!!!! Will make ya start to analyze toe nail clippings to see what they infer next....or maybe slice open a goat and read the entrails and deduce things from that....

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Next topic please!!!!! :wink:

Actually, if you'll look at my statement again, that's not what I said. I said liberal part of the country. Ie, I live in a really conservative part of the country and it's still something to be applauded when a guy "helps around the house".

well living in a more liberal part of the country, the big differance is that Ladies, do most of the housework, hold a job, and the guys hold a job and do some house things.....

Most jobs are still decided by old lines.....guys take out the trash, mow the lawn,,,,,,and pick up after them selves..

ladies do the cooking, laundry, and cleaning.....

seems big differance is only in talking about who should do what work....liberal guys are to PC to admit they don't do housework.....until their wife complians.....

might surprise you how many liberal families in liberal areas have house cleaning services..........(about $150 to 300 a month)....Day care....lawn services...Laundry services.. take thier car to the detailers.....dishwashers.....ect.....and just so they can work two jobs.......which they need to pay every one to do thier chores.......

so I guess if they had several liberal wives they could split the cost of the extra help.... :wink: :lol: ..(just keeping with the Original thread) :wink:

OK when is what somebody calls his or her spouse anybody elses ##$%^^ business-some people really need to get a life and quit trying to live everybody elses.

MY WIFE is a Pre-school teacher. She's been doin it for about 16 years. In her current job she is known as Miss Tammy. Whenever we go to town, kids flock to her saying, "Miss Tammy, Miss Tammy."...I travel a fair amount, so when I meet someone here in town, I sometimes refer introduce myself as Mr. Tammy....They usually get a kick out of it....

What hurts is when I go into her class and the kids say, "Miss Tammy, your Dad is here!" LOL,

PPRM

Latest posts