• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What's the weather like at your place?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

48 degrees here right now!! What a warm-up!
Did the Chinooks blow in? I remember the January Chinook wind warm-ups in Montana and all the flooding. Go to bed at 10 below zero and the next morning wake up to 45 above.

That prime rib roast was either mismarked or the store was price gouging before the holiday. I see today they have them on sale for 12.99 per lb with a regular price of $18.99. If it wasn't so much work I would buy a 10 pounder and have prime chili meat for the entire year. I see the rib steaks on sale for $7.99 per pound.

Last edited:
MC, if you are meaning that for me; it wasn't mismarked. It was from a butcher shop and it was PRIME not choice.
No, I meant it in reference to my earlier post where I saw the old couple looking for a prime rib and seeing $28,95 per lb on it and now that same rib is on sale for $12.99 per lb with the regular price being $18.99. They must not have sold much of it. Looks like a failed attempt at price gouging much like some of the local hay growers.

Still, several hundred tons of alfalfa hay stacked around here. I think their high price has backfired on them. Several local ranchers and dairy farmers sold off part of their herds when the price went from $225 a ton to $300. With fuel prices increasing, it didn't pencil out favorably to truck it out of the area. As my father used to say, "They were too quick on the trigger and slow on the draw and shot themselves in the foot."

40 degrees here and a big storm about an hour away coming up the river. They say rain but also say the temperature will drop to freezing so sounds like an ice storm to me.

Last edited:
Hard on calves weather here.A few days of under 20 in the mornings getting to just nearly 50 during the day then we go to 50 for the low and mid to high 70's during the day.Back and forth,back and forth.

We had 2 + weeks with the highs below freezing. We had snow along the way. Never more than an inch or two per day. But it amounted to 8 inches of settled snow. Yesterday the temperature went up to the mid 40's. Everything turned to slush or water. But the ground is still frozen so it had no where to go. Last night it dropped down to 28. It is slick as snot out there this morning.

Its been between _20 and minus 35 for weeks now. With the wind chill it would be more like minus 40 or 50. One day it warmed up to minus 5 and the wind blew like crazy. Filled my corrals up with a glacier. The 12 by 5 foot picture window in my living room broke. The sparrows dropped dead from their roosts in my barns and out buildings.
Alternater went in my water truck and the fan motor went in my bale truck so I had no heater in either truck through this. Just to get stuff started and running in this was a big deal. Propane freezes BTW.

It is a stunningly beautiful day here today. 43 degrees, sunshine, no wind. Supposed to be very nice all week. This is January!! Usually our coldest month and the one I dread the most. This week we are predicted to have a high on Wed of 50 and the lowest temp day is Friday with a high of 36 degrees.

18 this morning. Clear and calm. Ten day forecast is highs in the upper 20's and lows in the upper teens.

Its been between _20 and minus 35 for weeks now. With the wind chill it would be more like minus 40 or 50. One day it warmed up to minus 5 and the wind blew like crazy. Filled my corrals up with a glacier. The 12 by 5 foot picture window in my living room broke. The sparrows dropped dead from their roosts in my barns and out buildings.
Alternater went in my water truck and the fan motor went in my bale truck so I had no heater in either truck through this. Just to get stuff started and running in this was a big deal. Propane freezes BTW.
That is not good, any relief in site. Hang in there.

43 F here and NO WIND so nice day for a walk and watching the last of the alfalfa hay loaded on 3 trucks with pups. 30 1500 lb bales on the main trailers and 18 on the pups. I didn't see any names on the trucks.

Latest posts