• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

where are the free loaders

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Red Robin said:
passin thru said:
So NN, WHSH and Kola don't try to sell me your crap, I ain't buying
This shows how caring and compassionate they really are. Democrats "love" the welfare vote. They have false compassion when it benefits them.

This has nothing to do with Democrats or republicans. This has to do with the common sense of having your stock close to feed in the winter when blizzards can come up at any time. The same type of common sense you a holes say the Katrina victims lacked.

movin' on said:
Work hard, I don't think you've ever had a single "stock" in your whole life.

Wow, another tried and trued tactic, DISCREDIT. I've got 450 mamas out here that would tell you otherwise. If that's the best you've got then why bother peckin the keyboard?

I bother because the only time I've ever seen you weigh in is when you've got some off the wall comment that begs to be challanged.

Work Hard and Study Hard said:
This has to do with the common sense of having your stock close to feed in the winter when blizzards can come up at any time.
Like this one. Should they have had them all in barns Jared? You can't very well get from the barn to the cows in 5feet of snow. Just hold your hand about 6inches over your head Jared. That's how tall 5feet is.

movin' on said:
I bother because the only time I've ever seen you weigh in is when you've got some off the wall comment that begs to be challanged.

If having cows close to feed in January in the plains is off the wall then I have to wonder if you have any stock? How the hell you can turn this into a partisan issue is beyond me.

Red Robin said:
This has to do with the common sense of having your stock close to feed in the winter when blizzards can come up at any time.
Like this one. Should they have had them all in barns Jared? You can't very well get from the barn to the cows in 5feet of snow. Just hold your hand about 6inches over your head Jared. That's how tall 5feet is.

Jared,
People in the midwest cannot put all their cattle in a barn, however they can put them closer to a shelter belt and a stack yard. And yes in that case I can feed my cattle in the event of 5 feet of snow. But Jared, what the hell would a person from Arkansas know about 5 feet of snow?

I know a truck or tractor won't run in it. If you have cattle on more than one place, and you're grazing winter grass, you are silly to bring them all home on a chance you'll get a hundred year snow. I fail to see the connection to miscalculations (if they made a miscalculation) that the plains cattleman made to the foolish katrina "victims" that wouldn't heed the warning of a hurricane with plenty of notice. Then they "victims" go ahead and shoot at helicopters that would help them. You're just a silly boy Jared. Grow up.

I've got the cows close to feed. They're walking in it....from pivot to pivot eating milo stalks, alfalfa stubble and volunteer wheat. If a blizzard were to come, then I would go roll out hay with the pickup. If a blizzard were to come like the one last weekend that missed me by 100 miles, I'd do what the unlucky folks did....everything I could. That might be enough and it might not be, but I would still do all that I could. The attitude of the people affected by the blizzard is what was being discussed. The "get it done" attitude versus the "poor poor pitiful me" attitude so prevelant in most urban areas. Now if you'll pardon me, I think I'll go try to get all the cows into the screened in porch just in case it would sleet tonight.

movin' on said:
I've got the cows close to feed. They're walking in it....from pivot to pivot eating milo stalks, alfalfa stubble and volunteer wheat. If a blizzard were to come, then I would go roll out hay with the pickup. If a blizzard were to come like the one last weekend that missed me by 100 miles, I'd do what the unlucky folks did....everything I could. That might be enough and it might not be, but I would still do all that I could. The attitude of the people affected by the blizzard is what was being discussed. The "get it done" attitude versus the "poor poor pitiful me" attitude so prevelant in most urban areas. Now if you'll pardon me, I think I'll go try to get all the cows into the screened in porch just in case it would sleet tonight.

If the only thing you have to feed with is a pickup then I would say you are not prepared. Iron is expensive but if a MFWD tractor is what it takes to feed cows then I guess that is cheaper then the alternative isn't it?

Red Robin said:
I know a truck or tractor won't run in it. If you have cattle on more than one place, and you're grazing winter grass, you are silly to bring them all home on a chance you'll get a hundred year snow. I fail to see the connection to miscalculation (if they made a miscalculation) that the plains cattleman made to the foolish katrina "victims" that wouldn't heed the warning of a hurricane with plenty of notice. Then they "victims" go ahead and shoot at helicopters that would help them. You're just a silly boy Jared. Grow up.

Jared,
You know nothing. This time of year snow is expected, winter grazing into January is an added bonus that doesn't usually happen. This wansn't Colorado's first snowstorm of the year, the writing was on the wall. Young man you are so blinded by your ignorant party loyalty that you will feign false knowledge of snowstorms to boast about your superiority over black folk in New Orleans. Debating "show jock Jared" from Arkansas about protocol in blizzards is a waste of my time. Good luck.

movin' on said:

If having cows close to feed in January in the plains is off the wall then I have to wonder if you have any stock? How the hell you can turn this into a partisan issue is beyond me.

Do you know the situations of those cows that needed hay? Maybe they have 1,000 cows spread out over a few mile sections. Who knows the situation. I am sure 99% of the cattleman did prepare and did what they could. Maybe the rest tried and it did not work, maybe some did not prepare and maybe some had no other choice because their herd was to big and to spread out to put them all in the back 20 acres.

The point is who cares? Do you see them on TV for weeks crying into the camera's about who is going to come save them, why no one is feeding them, how they have no water and people are dying and being raped?

Your grasping to try to bring these good people down to the level of the New Orleans trash. You must be one of those that has to bring others down to fill better about yourself.

Maybe the Cattleman did there best and was just going to have to accept the collateral damage of the cattle that could not be saved. Or maybe you think someone should pass a law saying cows have to be saved along with humans like they did after New Orleans.

New Orleans welfare, drug dealer, looting scoundrels should not even be mentioned in the same breath as the Good People of Colorado! :mad:

Ok, I'm back. I've got all the cows either in the porch, on the patio, or in the garage, and there's a few stuffed in the closet at the end of the hallway. I just finished fencing off the back yard and I stuck a couple of dozen in the round pen with 17 round bales. They are only calling for a light dusting of snow tonight but....you never know. By the way work hard, I forgot to ask you...what time do you guys milk?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

You all might find me an idiot, but I thought this extremely funny!!!

(so spank me)

lol

movin' on said:
Ok, I'm back. I've got all the cows either in the porch, on the patio, or in the garage, and there's a few stuffed in the closet at the end of the hallway. I just finished fencing off the back yard and I stuck a couple of dozen in the round pen with 17 round bales. They are only calling for a light dusting of snow tonight but....you never know. By the way work hard, I forgot to ask you...what time do you guys milk?

Judge all you want however i've milked many cows in my youth but for 40 years no more than a bottle full if I have to. An independent cow/calf Democrat, sorry to tounge tie you with something your beloved Rush didn't forecast..........i mean lie about.

WHSH, you have no clue so let it rest, all your theories about how to prepare.....................didn't work because that is what people did.
Further this wasn't five foot of many cattle were close, feed was close in many cases(drifted in),many cattle that were in pens suffocated,, and I have yet to find anyone who remembered a worse blizzard, and in many cases cows are at least given a fighting chance in canyons and groves away from houses but are doomed in a yard.
It ain't selling WHSH............go crawl in a hole

whsh
it is obvious that you are clueless as to stock working conditions from area to area,
running 350 head on relitvley(sp) flat to rolling ground on 1500 acres is on he!! of a lot different that running that same 350 on 1500 acres of canyons, draws, mountians and tree stands of several hundred acres.
where some times a roundup can take two weeks.
most of these ranchers run more that 350 head and a lot more that 1500 acres and in some pretty rough country, some areas trucks, tractors, quads etc cannot go, and a horse becomes the only way to move the stock, and when need there is usually a community effort to help each other out, however in this case there could not be a community effort because each rancher was attempting to get as much done to prepare for the oncoming storm on his own place.

you are clueless as to what this thread was about in the first place and to try and blame the ranchers for not being able to fully prepare fo a storm is stupid just plane stupid.
what this thread was about was hand outs and real people not asking or crying for one

kolanuraven said:
Contrary to what you think we've had 2 that I know of in my 46 yrs. Yes, they were classified as true blizzards with the last one in March in the early 90's. I had 36" of snow here on flat ground.

Anyway...animals mean income to ranchers and you protect income right? So the more you go to protect that income the more of your own arse is covered.

I heard an estimate this AM that the total cattle value lost due to the various storms so far is estimated about $10M.

So, if they are just animals not income in your mind and you ( pl) can afford NOT to go to any extra efforts with advance knowledge of bad weather, so be it. It's your pocketbook not mine!

yep 36" on flat land is a lot of snow,
moving a couple of head to a barn would be no problem ,
even 350 head a different story
but i am surprised that the liberal in you has not already started petioning to have FEMA sent in! :roll: :roll:

Young man you are so blinded by your ignorant party loyalty that you will feign false knowledge of snowstorms to boast about your superiority over black folk in New Orleans. Debating "show jock Jared" from Arkansas about protocol in blizzards is a waste of my time. Good luck.
I don't feign any false knowledge. I've never fed cows in that much snow, and neither have you.If you want to perceive the hardworking cattlemen of this country the same way that you perceive the drug addicts and prostitutes and gang bangers of New Orleans , that's your right but I bet your neighbors there in Nebraska won't forget it if you ever need their help. You democrats are a real piece of work.

Latest posts