• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Your favorite American president

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
regan.jpg

here's mine,this ole boy had charisma and common sense..........good luck

hard to beat Reagan, but I really think the way Bush pulled this country together after 911 will be remembered for years as a great feat.

also, I think homly women will admire Clinton, for his choice of Monica.......come on, the most powerful man in the nation, and you can't even bag one that could make it into Playboy?????

at least JFK got a looker in Marilyn Monroe!

I liked Reagan.
Nobody<Soviets> F-cked with Reagan. Reagan was a nice guy like Carter to Allies. But he knew how to handle Ben Ladden types.
My all time favorite American politician would have to be Theodore Roosevelt.
Favorite Canadian politician would either be Preston Manning or Peter Laugheed.
Favorite Briton would have to be Winston Churchill.

Well if Roper can play,I can too......what I've read about Teddy,hes the man I would pick,and also really liked Ronald Reagan. My fav.all time politician though was Winston Churchill...loved that man!!

What about Thomas Jefferson? He clearly shaped this country in a way nobody else has. He wrote the Declaration of Independence, negotiated the Louisiana Purchase which doubled the size of the country, and launched the Lewis & Clark expedition, which ended up uniting the entire continent under American rule from sea to sea.

Ronald Reagan is my favorite president. He was a great leader, because he was a good delegator. He chose the best people available to do different jobs, and then stayed the heck out of their way.

His sense of humor kept people on their toes. Here is an example from the Presidential Debate, Oct. 21, 1984:

President Ronald Reagan, 73, responds to questions of whether his advanced age should be a factor in the presidential race.

Reagan: "I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience." :wink: :)

Harry S Truman
An uncommon common man who made monumental decisions without relieing on polling data or wishy washy lament. He left office as broke (financially) as entered it and returned to his hometown. Todays money grubbing, focus group clinging pols are awful sorry in comparison.

By the way Reagan voted for Truman.

JAH said:
Harry S Truman
An uncommon common man who made monumental decisions without relieing on polling data or wishy washy lament. He left office as broke (financially) as entered it and returned to his hometown. Todays money grubbing, focus group clinging pols are awful sorry in comparison.

By the way Reagan voted for Truman.

And Hillary Clinton was president of the Young Republicans at her school when she was younger... People change, times change, what a specific party represents changes... Time marches on...

I have always had a great deal of respect for those Presidents/politicians who could have run again and won but didn't run. Not to many of them...
TR was one that I used to really respect a lot. There are a few more.. Reagen was just because the man had a silver tongue and great writers... Both Bush's have been dissapointments to me... But than again, I didn't expect much from junior to begin with. That being said, the prospect of Gore or Kerry was much, much worse IMO.

IL Rancher said:
But than again, I didn't expect much from junior to begin with. That being said, the prospect of Gore or Kerry was much, much worse IMO.

I expected more from GW. But I agree, he's still better than what we would have had with his opponents.

And I think Truman was good also.

And my father hated FRD and also Kennedy. And he lived thru both of their administrations. Dad always said that FDR was the one who started the end of the best things in and about this country.

I allways thought the peanut farmer was the best one you had down there. Seemed like a real sensible, intelligent, honest sort of a leader. Traits like that rarely rise to the top.
Canadian PMs? Well...... honestly never liked any we've had while they were in office. Hated Trudeau, although in hindsight you gotta kinda admire the man for his charisma, wit, and ability to ram things down the publics throat whether we wanted them or not. So... John A. would be the only logical choice for me. He had the vision of a great country and knew if he didn't hurry up and put it together it would have been gobbled up by the ole USA. Plus..... he liked to drink a bit. :wink:

Jinglebob,

i am just of the opinion that the Republican party has been hijacked in the primary department nationally by the religious part of the right. I am not saying that religous believes have no room in the party, because they do, but it has gotten to the point that fiscal conservatives (you know, slash spending, big government bad, using the veto on bloated projects) are doomed unless they are also a born again evanglical.... The Gary Bauers and Alan Keyes of this world.... Not good for the party IMO....

I had hopes for W before the first primary's... Than I heard him talk.. Than I heard about his "managment" style and it just didn't apeal to me. I was impressed by him shortly after 9/11. Thought he did a bang up job. Supported the war in Iraq mainly because I thought Saddam was a festering sore on our foreign policy that had been basically ignored for 8 years during the Clinton era except for the clinton Doctrine of launching a few dozen cruise missles or bombing a radar site. I just don't think he is much of a thinker... I really don't. I don't like the fact that he won't deal with immigration, that he won't get out the good old Veto pen to deal with the out of control spending... Tax cuts were nice but if you are going to cut taxes you better cut spending.

All 4 of my grandparents voted against FDR 4 times... My mom gave a quiz at school on the day JFK was shot...Of course, that is because my mom was one tough teacher... Man, when she wants to teach you a lesson you better learn, lol . Even a tougher coach... I swear she was a drill seargent.

The problem with Carter is that he wanted so much information that in essence he became ineffectual... That, and the poor guy got nailed with the gas crisis, huge inflation and darn high unemployment.. He got steamrolled by cowboy.... I barely remember Carter... I do remember his fireside chats barely but beyond that, the first political thing I rmember is the election in 1980 and the first I really remember well is the shooting of Ronnie.

Latest posts