• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Disgusting

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Kola why did you remove ALL your posts on this?
You were the HEAD lynch leader........
Did you find you know the father or one of the accused and found out its not as all the rumors say? Or could it as you said money buys it way free? Was Dad going to pay for one of your digs?
Did by some fluke something happen in your family and you see the other side?

My my my sometimes its is best to let things work themselves out before such a rush to judgement. Eating your words is not a pretty thing.

AS I have said before I pray for all involved and the truth will win out.

MsSage said:
Kola why did you remove ALL your posts on this?
You were the HEAD lynch leader........
Did you find you know the father or one of the accused and found out its not as all the rumors say? Or could it as you said money buys it way free? Was Dad going to pay for one of your digs?
Did by some fluke something happen in your family and you see the other side?

My my my sometimes its is best to let things work themselves out before such a rush to judgement. Eating your words is not a pretty thing.

AS I have said before I pray for all involved and the truth will win out.
GAWD....you can be such a bag Sage..... :? I read all Kolas posts before she deleted them....she was givin her thoughts and opinons,I thought that was allowed here on ranchers....'parently not....you the new judge and jury here now :???:

TTB....that was my point that the meth is a terrible mind altering drug,I don't think these boys were thinking normally when they did this....they need help!!! And I'm not sure if jails really the place for drug addicts,but they DO need to pay for what they did....not money but with time in some facility.

Hey Justin you agreed with sumthin a Canadian said....I'm tellin leanin H.... :p

This was in the Rapid City Journal today :???:

Prosecutor undecided about charges in horse theft

The Associated Press

PIERRE, S.D. — Stanley County State's Attorney Tom Maher says he can't say when he'll decide whether to file charges following the theft and suspected abuse of a successful rodeo barrel-racing horse.

Maher says he's not sure whether a crime was actually committed. He says follow-up to the sheriff's investigation continues and he still has some questions he wants answered.

The horse named Dually was taken from the Stanley County Fairgrounds on July 5. It was found later that morning with what has been called severe injuries. The incident has led to an outpouring of anger, rumors and threats of retribution to those involved.

Maher says despite the attention, the investigation will be conducted as any such probe into a suspected crime.

A few years ago my folks had a court case with a "nieghbor". He decided after 35 years that the fence between them needed to move 34 feet onto mom and dad. After filing papers and starting the legal process he showed up one day with two thugs and started planting steel posts in Dad's front pasture. Mom called me all wound up. I immediatly called the county sherrif and they sent a deputy. But he was 30 minutes out. So i went over and explained to the thugs that they had two seconds to get back on thier property or i would place them under citizens arrest. Since they both had LOOOOOOONG criminal records they promptly exited. The so called neighbor (who owns property here but lives in the city) continued to try to build the fence. I pleasantly suggested that he wait for the cop with his felons and he told me to go somewhere warm. I then told him if he wasnt gone by the time i pulled out all three posts he'd pounded he would find himself hurled over the fence. About now the cop shows up and i'm pulling out posts. The officer tells me to stop as i have no claim. I looked him right in the eye and said," if somebody started building a fence across your lawn in town would you allow it?" He hemmed and hawwed and then got the "nieghbor" to leave the property. Funny how when it happens to you it suddenly gets your attention.

If the kids purposely injured the horse, they need to pay for thier actions! Meth, coke, hairspray! If they were under the influence they still committed a crime. They can get help for their addiction before or after they spend time in jail. But they ought'a suffer the consequences caused by thier own actions!

Give them time to get the facts. They could be thinking they cant get a conviction....which is NOT right they need to let the community decide.
BUT calling for "justice" is not the right thing either, 2 wrongs do NOT make a right. We either have law of the land or law of the jungle.....I hope we still have law of the land.
Voice your opionion then vote them out if nothing is done.
It will be a black eye on the community but Vigilante will do nothing to solve the situation.

It is a very sad situation.

Justin said:
Northern Rancher said:
I bet if you did the same to the attorney's dog or cat it would be a crime-too much law not enough justice any more I'm thinking.

:agree: :agree:

Me three....

You know, I think the State's Atty runs race horses as a side hobby/business. One of the tracks he runs at is located at the same fairgrounds Dually was taken from. So, maybe even that doesn't affect his thoughts.

Leanin' H, you're dead on in your post.

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

Arrest warrant in case of stolen, abused horse awaits judge's signature
By Journal staff | Saturday, July 18, 2009

Stanley County Sheriff Brad Rathbun's office is waiting for a judge's signature on an arrest warrant in connection with the alleged theft and abuse of a rodeo horse during the July 4 weekend in Fort Pierre.

According to a Stanley County official, the case file was turned over Friday to Thomas Maher, the part time Stanley County state's attorney, with a request for a warrant. As soon as a judge signs off on the warrant, arrests will come.

The barrel-racing horse, Dually, was taken from the Stanley County Fairgrounds early July 5 after owner Wendy Halweg of Mitchell used the horse to compete in the Fort Pierre Fourth of July Rodeo on Saturday. A sheriff's deputy later found the horse injured in a residential area in Fort Pierre.

Dakota Large Animal Clinic's Dr. Earl Nathan referred questions about the horse's condition to Halweg, who did not return a Journal call seeking comment.

Rathbun has said there were at least two suspects in the case. The South Dakota Rodeo Association offered a reward for the arrest and conviction of those responsible.

I promise - I world never do this to someone else horse or mine unless for a Parade or Something. I believe animals have Feeling

The Story:
A Harness Horse Person took my girlfriend to Small Claims Court.

It seems she was at one end of the infield of a MILE Track with her dog getting her horse out of a pen.
The Harness Horse was being worked on the other end of the track (a ½ mile away) when it blow-up and wreaked his sulky.

She lost the case for $600

Jeri was well liked and at a Party the story was going around. The next morning I had the Sheriff Knocking at my door.

I was being accused of Vandalism – and the Sheriff has pictures.

The Harness Horse was a Gray, almost white, with long flowing main and tail.
Some one has stair stepped it main – ringed it tail (Like a Mules) and used that Purple Med to ring its eyes and write word all over the poor Horse.

I had witness to back my story that I NEVER LEFT the party.
I have no dough that some of Jeri's or my friends did the deed. The Horses owner was very mouthy – this went on for weeks - I invited him several to syep off the Fair Grounds and SEDDLE This but he'd decline.

The Funny Part:
We were on our side of the barns when all the kid came running. "Come Quick"…
Down 4 shed rows there were 50 or so HELLS ANGLES and bikes.

"I hear you looking for me"
"No I'm not"
"OH Yes - I hear you gong to Kick-the-A$$ of the Son-Of-A-Bitch that Painted your horse ".
I'm that Son-of-a Bitch…
This went on for a while!

Need less to say
I never heard another word out of Mr. Mouthy
I also gave me a recite for paying $600 although I gave him no money

And the saga continues. I have no complaints about law enforcement taking their time and doing an investigation correctly. I question the time frame--it would have been easier for the State's Attorney to convene the grand jury after he was handed the folder and let them decide if the evidence warranted arrests.

Information regarding Dually case requested

Published/Last Modified on Monday, Aug 03, 2009 - 01:28:20 am CDT

Capital Journal staff

PIERRE — The Stanley County State's Attorney office is requesting assistance with the alleged theft of rodeo horse, Dually, and is looking to speak with all persons who have any reliable or first-hand knowledge.

The horse was reported missing from the Stanley County Fairgrounds, 311 Casey Tibbs St., on the morning of July 5 and was recovered on private property at 921 ½ Sale Barn Road in Fort Pierre.
Advertisement

Anyone with first hand, personal knowledge concerning this matter, is requested to contact law enforcement immediately. Call the Stanley County Sheriff's Office at 605-223-7792 or the Stanley County State's Attorney office at 605-224-0491 to be put in contact with investigating officers.

http://www.capjournal.com/articles/2009/08/05/news/doc4a7681cecf519799422543.txt

he is getting better the last i heard,using all his legs now,soon to be wife has a barrel race in mitchell next weekend,Wendy comes down and talks to them and wish them good luck,so will get a update first hand

The case goes on ---Maybe? but if you knew small towns. Small towns don't have many heroes. Hero worship goes to the star players of the high school football or basketball team, or maybe the rodeo contestants, The police are afraid to touch these guys.

Though I know that to be the truth, Clarencen, it just makes me sick.

This is what Kola thought would happen. Guess she was right.
To think what they did with that horse and they're gonna get away
with it is despicable.

So what's next for them? A child? :mad:

If the police don't touch them, someone else will. I am amazed by the patience given to the local law enforcement. Times change and nobody wants to go to jail for extracting justice but I can't belive that the rodeo world will let this go unpunished. Had this happened 25 years ago the guilty would have been begging to get locked up because that would have been the only safe place.

Latest posts