• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Most embarrassing first date!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

nr,

What is that supposed to mean, they weren't all retirees, some younger men to....

ok, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. You are saying Reader is younger and there are men her age. I thot you were saying that retired age men weren't suitable when I first read that. Wouldn't matter to me as I am 41 and Married, but it struck me odd. LOL

PPRM

R2-I am sure you have been cautioned that you cannot compare any new man in your life with your husband. (Easy to say, hard to do.) I get the distinct feeling that you are still in love with him. Perhaps you should take care of that issue before trying to move on.

I'm not a therapist, you understand, but I sure get this feeling from your posts. You mention him a lot in a very loving way. It is too bad you could not spend the rest of your life together. I know if I lost my husband, it would be like losing more than half of myself. Not having gone through what you have, I don't know how one ever really gets over someone you were so close to. But since you are trying to move on, it might help to deal with one issue at a time.

reader (the Second) said:
Faster horses said:
R2-I am sure you have been cautioned that you cannot compare any new man in your life with your husband. (Easy to say, hard to do.) I get the distinct feeling that you are still in love with him. Perhaps you should take care of that issue before trying to move on.

I'm not a therapist, you understand, but I sure get this feeling from your posts. You mention him a lot in a very loving way. It is too bad you could not spend the rest of your life together. I know if I lost my husband, it would be like losing more than half of myself. Not having gone through what you have, I don't know how one ever really gets over someone you were so close to. But since you are trying to move on, it might help to deal with one issue at a time.

Hi FH - I am confident that I will always love my husband but that I have accepted that (1) he is dead and not coming back; (2) I can love another man without comparing him to my husband. I did date someone I loved for a year. He was very much unlike my husband (more like me). I actually enjoyed being with someone different than the man I was married to for 30 years in quite a few ways.

I have a circle of smart widows and widowers I talk with, many of whom are dating and some of whom have remarried. All of us understand that we will keep loving our late spouses while being able to love another partner/spouse.

One thing is true -- I am used to being loved unselfishly and I don't think out of the gate that I will find that kind of love again. I was spoiled that way and I am on my guard not to expect that next time. Over time, people become closer and more considerate of the other person, but due to our age when we met and my husband's character, he was able to do that from day one. I don't expect that in a new relationship except perhaps as it evolves.
R2, you and another gal need to get Harleys (or some facsimile), a camper with a cargo area to haul bikes to pull behind your SUV, and start traveling around the country and meeting all the well-to-do guys on expensive bikes trying to look like bad-asses. :lol: Get on it now, Sturgis Bike Rally will be here before you know it! :wink:

Cal's trying to be funny....but Sturgis is GREAT!!!!

If you've not experienced it.....it's worth the trip. But once is enough!

Wait until you've been hired to do Cowboy poetry for a bunch of bikers at Sturgis. And my wife, who has to get thru' there during the rally, DOES NOT thinks it's fun! :lol:

PPRM said:
nr,

What is that supposed to mean, they weren't all retirees, some younger men to....

ok, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. You are saying Reader is younger and there are men her age. I thot you were saying that retired age men weren't suitable when I first read that. Wouldn't matter to me as I am 41 and Married, but it struck me odd. LOL
PPRM

Retired men are fine- have to say that- I'm married to one LOL. :D
Younger men are fine.
It is the unemployed men that raise a leetle red flag.
( Sorry for the "odd" writing; the typing goes faster than the brain. Please always give me the "benefit of the doubt" or take it with a big grain of salt.

OK Gals I haven't read everything in this thread but I want to give you a word of CAUTION here

A few years ago I did a little of this "On Line" dating and women tend to not Protect Them Selves.
Always Meet a new person at a Public Place
Never give out your Phone Number
Type your phone number into Goggle Search - that will give a map and a Red Star where your address/Phone is. Try this! - look that site over and block your Phone Number (Unless you have already blocked it)

Watch you CHECK addresses – long story but at a store I got a woman's name, her husband name and another town of her check – I said Hi "Name" what are you doing here form "Town", where "Husband Name" - before I could say "Houdy" I had her New House address, her husband had flew out for 5 days, she was home alone in a New House for 5 days

There is more ways to get this information - - Be Careful!!

I think OD/NT was just telling the ladies to becareful. We have become a bit complacent on ranchers because we are comfortable with each other. Many on here know at least one or two others and so on down the line but that might not be the case on other sites.
I was just thinking the other day how many people on here have friends or aquaintences(sp) here that many don't even know about, and how many times we find someone that knows someone or has worked on a neighboring ranch ect. And of course we can't forget our "NET TOGETHER" in Deadwood. A fun time and gives us the feeling of friendship while we post. Their also is the friends that have met thru this sight other then Deadwood that is really neat.

There is a hope for going into a retirement home...While I was in town today to stock up before the coming storm I had to stop at the local watering hole-- Talked to an old cowboy ( in his 80's ) - who makes it downtown by bus twice a day for a few "heart calmers" of Black Velvet before buying a mickey to take home with him... He sold his house and he and wife had moved into a retirement home a couple years ago ( she's pretty crippled)-- one of those apartment situations where you have to take care of yourself- but they provide housecleaning and meals 3 times a day...

Anyway he was telling me that out of the 100 apartment units at the "home"- 80 of them were widow women...

No wonder he's in such a hurry to head home every day-- Old boy is in seventh heaven.... :wink: :lol:

Mrs.Greg said:
In OD|NT words what happens in Vegas STAYS in Vegas :D :D :wink:

Not in this case :!:

We were at the Cashregister/I've known the Checkout Gal for years - she knew I had been a Dep. Sheriff - In out 3 min talk the lady had told me that she was expecting the Telephone Co., Cable TV, and Computer ISP - - as she was about to leave she finally said
"I'm sorry I've forgoten your name".

I said - I don't know you and you don't know me - I saw your Check and got your First Name, your husbands Name and saw you were from Salinas.

From at I asked "Doris - what the hell are you doing in Gilroy?"
You told me you bought a house here and when I ask you told me where it Was (In a new district where people are just moving in) (1/2 the houses are still empty) (few Neighbors) - your husband had his job as a Piloit and flew to Japan on a 5 day round trip so your home alone, your expecting people you don't know to install services for you - you don't know your neighbors.

I hurt her feelings and she stomped off with the Cashere Laughting.

About a month later I ran in to her and hubbie in the store again - we talked and all is well - he tried to slip me a $20 - I said "Is that all she worth" and walked off.

OD/NT I think your internet safty advice is very wise but not only for women but also men. I know of a man that was harssed through phone calls from an internet interest. I know myself being from a rural area knowing everyone I don't think I'm as cautious as I should be. I've delt with an infatuation/stalker and it was scary and a pain.

I have seen on this site how you can run into people you and them may know of the same people and same areas. There's even one of you regulars that I know. Guess it really is a small world.

CattleRMe said:
OD/NT I think your internet safty advice is very wise but not only for women but also men. I know of a man that was harssed through phone calls from an internet interest. I know myself being from a rural area knowing everyone I don't think I'm as cautious as I should be. I've delt with an infatuation/stalker and it was scary and a pain.

I have seen on this site how you can run into people you and them may know of the same people and same areas. There's even one of you regulars that I know. Guess it really is a small world.

Lotsa truth ta this post I know women can be determined and persistent,I have had more than one stalking me, A perfect example of this was when elmo and me were playin dominos the other nite and enjoying some refreshments,I bit down on a piece of ice and cracked a tooth,next day IM at the dentist office waiting room minding my own buisness and I noticed this good lookin blonde staring at my boots,mam what are you lookin at I said,she has this sheepish smile on her face and sez oh nothing I was just wondering what size you were..............made me feel plumb violated :D :D :D ................good luck

HAY MAKER said:
CattleRMe said:

Lotsa truth ta this post I know women can be determined and persistent,I have had more than one stalking me, A perfect example of this was when elmo and me were playin dominos the other nite and enjoying some refreshments,I bit down on a piece of ice and cracked a tooth,next day IM at the dentist office waiting room minding my own buisness and I noticed this good lookin blonde staring at my boots,mam what are you lookin at I said,she has this sheepish smile on her face and sez oh nothing I was just wondering what size you were..............made me feel plumb violated :D :D :D ................good luck

To bad you have such small feet. :cry2: :lol2: :cowboy:

Haymaker wrote

......"I noticed this good lookin blonde staring at my boots,mam what are you lookin at I said,she has this sheepish smile on her face and sez oh nothing"......

Hey Haymaker, Are you sure she wasn't staring at your boots and wondering if maybe that was where the stink was coming from???
Was it that "sheepish" look that caught your eye?? :D

Latest posts