• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Disgusting

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I see the SDRA has a reward offered for the low lifes who did this....

Really -- who thinks of these things??? Seriously??? How does something so sadistic cross anyone's mind??...my word....

We'll pray for Dully's recovery.....

An account has been set up to help with vet bills. Donations can be sent to

1st national bank of SD
Attention Wendy Halweg, Dually Benefit
210 N. Lawler, Mitchell, SD, 57301

Or donations can be made through paypal to the address [email protected]

srd65 said:

1st national bank of SD

Sounds to me like the "deep pockets" of that daddy and the other daddies should be funding ALL the bills....

I dont think daddys pockets are as deep as he thinks they are (or need to be). And I would venture to guess that his business of making Bronc saddles for rodeo cowboys could be in jepordy. What self respecting Bronc rider would buy a saddle from someone who tried to cover this up and make it go away.

Horrible.

Just about the worst thing I've ever read on these forums.

I feel sorry for them and their animal.

Sheriff: Arrests in horse-stealing case likely to come early next week
By David Montgomery
Capital Journal Staff
Published/Last Modified on Friday, Jul 10, 2009 - 03:46:13 pm CDT

Stanley County Sheriff Brad Rathbun said Friday his office is wrapping up its investigation of a horse which was stolen from the Stanley County Fairgrounds July 5 and later found with significant injuries. Rathbun said his office will present its findings to the state's attorney today and hopes to make arrests early next week after a judge signs arrest warrants.

Rathbun said he will disclose more information about the case once arrests have been made.

Visit www.capjournal.com and www.twitter.com/capitaljournal for up-to-date information about this story as it develops.

From what I understand is it's high school wanna be cowboys on meth...

Denny, I've been thinking about what you said and I want to say that I know that if your kids ever did anything like this you wouldn't try and buy them out......Or hide the evidence. I know the years that I've known you that you are very responsible and a do the right thing man...... I do hope that your kids see the light and realize the great dad that they do have.....

I read the BHW and so many are blaming the parents. So Sad
How many parents have raised their kids the right way only to have them do a 180 ?
Most are saying. who know who the attackers are they are not minors.
I also have to ask if maybe Dad was trying to help Wendy out not buy her off?
What was done to this horse was horrific, those responsible for the act should pay in more than one way.
Lets not get caught up in painting anyone even remotely involved with a wide brush and wait for the facts to come out.

Prayers being said for ALL involved

katrina said:
From what I understand is it's high school wanna be cowboys on meth...

Denny, I've been thinking about what you said and I want to say that I know that if your kids ever did anything like this you wouldn't try and buy them out......Or hide the evidence. I know the years that I've known you that you are very responsible and a do the right thing man...... I do hope that your kids see the light and realize the great dad that they do have.....

Oh I'd punish my kid's myself thats not what I'm saying what I'm saying until the facts are verified don't paint the parents as bad people. Some kids just end up rotten no matter how hard you try.If the Dad tried to cover this up he's as guilty as the kids.

If you get yourself in trouble I'd be the last person to call Because my give a damn's busted.

My biggest problem is I'm gruff I have little feelings for stupid,lazy or worthless people can't stand them.

Oldtimer said:
srd65 said:

1st national bank of SD

Sounds to me like the "deep pockets" of that daddy and the other daddies should be funding ALL the bills....

Stand up and take responsibilty---Parents and young chumps alike !! :shock:

kolanuraven said:
Horse dies after dragging behind livestock trailer

Published Thursday, July 09, 2009 at 10:54 AM
A rodeo competitor from Kearney has been cited on suspicion of Cruelty and Neglect of an Animal following an incident late Saturday night in northeastern Dawson County. Twenty-one-year-old Tyler Brockman had participated in the Sumner Rodeo on July 4th and left later that evening. Shortly before 11:00pm, the Dawson County Sheriff's Office received a report of a pick-up pulling a livestock trailer that was dragging a horse behind it on Highway 40 east of Sumner. After being flagged down by a citizen, 21-year-old Tyler Brockman, then loaded the horse in the trailer. Further down the highway, Brockman was arrested by the Buffalo County Sheriff's Office on suspicion of Driving Under the Influence. A follow-up investigation by a Dawson County Deputy on Monday found that the horse had sustained several injuries where it's hide was missing and had died.

WTF is wrong with people??????

I help the Houston animal cops sometimes in recues out in the rural areas and you woulded believe what they go though. People don't ever think or they are so messed up they don't know what they are doing. Either way they need the same treatment they gave the animal or person. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

HSUS is not one bit better than PETA. How many animals EACH YEAR do they euthanize instead of caring for them..... so the can have more money to promote their anti-animal agriculture agenda???

It will be interesting to see the outcomes of the investigations and see how near, or how far from, the truth the statements made so far really are.

I was at the rodeo that night and while I don't recall that horse, it is horrible that it happened to any animal. And, it's only about 60 miles from here! Bad, bad deal any way you look at it.

If the fireworks continued as wildly all over town as they were near the arena during and shortly after the rodeo, the law had it's hands full trying to keep people from being maimed! It may have quieted down pretty well in the wee hours of the night, and probably was a lonely town. Ft. Pierre is quite small, not more than maybe a couple thousand people, if that many and rather widely scattered, too. Doubt if they have many law officers, but it does seem, unless the horse was drugged or something, by the idiots, that it would have made plenty of noise. Strange deal.

I do hate seeing names published until there is real evidence, and charges made, which I could have missed. Haven't been paying much attention to news as we had out of town guesta Friday and busy catching up since then.

Re. the horse being dragged behind the trailer.....it is sickening, but mistakes are made in haste, or when drinking alcohol and the guilty party may be as miserable over it as anyone could be. Hold off hanging the guy until the facts are known!

mrj

Update: Dually, horse taken from rodeo grounds, is slowly recovering
By David Montgomery
Capital Journal staff
Published/Last Modified on Monday, Jul 13, 2009 - 02:26:08 pm CDT

FORT PIERRE — Dually, the rodeo horse which was found injured July 5 after being taken from his pen at the Stanley County Fairgrounds, is still alive and slowly improving, owner Wendy Halweg said Monday.

"He's recovering," Halweg said. "The horse is not going to die. But his ability to ever perform again is in question."

Halweg said Dually is still under veterinary care after suffering rope burns and cuts on his legs and face. Dually's legs are still slightly swollen, Halweg, said, making it difficult to tell how severe the damage is.

Halweg said she remains hopeful Dually will be able to fully recover and compete again.

"It's going to take some rehab, and then we have to go from there," Halweg said. "It is going to take a lot of time, just like a person."

No arrests have yet been made, Stanley County Sheriff Brad Rathbun said Monday morning. Rathbun said he is waiting for a judge to sign arrest warrants after giving his department's investigation to the state's attorney Friday.

Latest posts