• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

polygamy

Help Support Ranchers.net:

theHiredMansWife said:
TXTibbs said:
theHiredMansWife said:
But that's not polygamy--it's pedophilia.

It's polygamy when the man already has 8 other wives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what would be it be if he had no other wives? Would it be okay then?
Why or why not?

depends on what kind of sick twisted little cult your in. In my opinion hell no..but in yours maybe...i dunno. I say hell no cause the girl has no say in the matter.......if she wanted to marry the man and fully loved him then maybe....people used to marry young all the time....but when they pull these girls straight off the tit basically and shove them into the lap of some man they dont' know and say here start having children....i tend to have a problem with that.

And the fact that every one of these "polygamists" on this compound here are all on and collecting welfare tends to chap my ass to....the more kids they have the bigger the check....which the check incidently goes into one joint account held by their "leader" and that is how they have so much money and are able to build and support themselves.

DemoDriverGus said:
TXTibbs said:
ranchwife said:
SHEESSSSHHHHH, TX!! Take a pill!!! I have NO DOUBT that not a single soul on these boards believes nor condones the practice of polygamy!!! Good gracious...get a grip!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Most of us here are educated enough to know the difference between polygamy and pedophilia!! :x

Was I talking to you? Nope don't think so....thanks

I think you need to cool off.... b/c when one person states an opion, YOU don't need to freak like you did. And when another sticks up for the person YOU jumped on, they are only trying to be nice... COOL IT!!

I'm bending over so you can kiss it!

you cool off...i can state my opinion just like anyone else.....i attack just like the rest of you vultures attack....so no sir...you cool it!

Every damn time someone says anything on here opionions start flying.....you have no right to shut me up or tell me to cool it!

TXTibbs said:
DemoDriverGus said:
TXTibbs said:

I think you need to cool off.... b/c when one person states an opion, YOU don't need to freak like you did. And when another sticks up for the person YOU jumped on, they are only trying to be nice... COOL IT!!

you cool off...i can state my opinion just like anyone else.....i attack just like the rest of you vultures attack....so no sir...you cool it!

Every damn time someone says anything on here opionions start flying.....you have no right to shut me up or tell me to cool it!
You're real cool telling a 16 year old to kiss your ass... nice! real grown up! I never told you not to state your opinion.. i simply said to COOL it with everyone else who states theirs!!!

TXTibbs said:
ranchwife said:
TXTibbs said:

SHEESSSSHHHHH, TX!! Take a pill!!! I have NO DOUBT that not a single soul on these boards believes nor condones the practice of polygamy!!! Good gracious...get a grip!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Most of us here are educated enough to know the difference between polygamy and pedophilia!! :x

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
no, tex, you were talking to ALL of us on the board!! Good thing you are not into making friends, because you are doing a pretty good job of doing just that!!! :mad: :mad:

TXTibbs said:
DemoDriverGus said:
TXTibbs said:

GROW UP, TIBBS!!!!!! :mad: You started this bickering when the rest of us were making things light and were having civil conversations!!! BACK OFF!!!! :mad: :mad:

DemoDriverGus said:
TXTibbs said:
DemoDriverGus said:

You're real cool telling a 16 year old to kiss your ass... nice! real grown up! I never told you not to state your opinion.. i simply said to COOL it with everyone else who states theirs!!!

I don't care if your 16 or 60....and if you knew anything about me I'm usually saying to everyone else what your saying! Give yourself time with these people....they'll drive you to drink!

I tried being nice....I'd state my opinion and then 2934739023 people would attack and do nothing but drive you in the dirt and spit on you. That is assanine when people are to closed minded to accept someone elses opinions as just that OPINIONS! You tend to get caught up in it...and i'll admit that...but ****, when you cage a raccoon and poke him he isn't gonna just roll over and go to sleep.......neither am i. I've tried pointing it out to people like you are to me and it don't work. I'm sorry for coming off as bitter but you just don't have a clue.......all i can say is if you ever voice an opinion on here NEVER try to defend it or you'll be ground into the dust and pissed on by some of these people.

Like i to a couple people in private posts...i'm about sick of this site. There are a few good people, but the bad ones just can't shut up long enough to make it worth my time.

adios

ranchwife said:
TXTibbs said:
DemoDriverGus said:

GROW UP, TIBBS!!!!!! :mad: You started this bickering when the rest of us were making things light and were having civil conversations!!! BACK OFF!!!! :mad: :mad:

Look missy i do believe you attacked me first so um...do i dare stoop to your childish level and say "you grow up"!! :p

ranchwife said:
TXTibbs said:
ranchwife said:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
no, tex, you were talking to ALL of us on the board!! Good thing you are not into making friends, because you are doing a pretty good job of doing just that!!! :mad: :mad:

I'll toss and turn all night now knowing your not my friend. How ever will I be able to finish my day?! :lol:

TXTibbs said:
theHiredMansWife said:
TXTibbs said:

Why or why not?

In my opinion hell no..but in yours maybe...i dunno. I say hell no cause the girl has no say in the matter.......if she wanted to marry the man and fully loved him then maybe....people used to marry young all the time....but when they pull these girls straight off the tit basically and shove them into the lap of some man they dont' know and say here start having children....i tend to have a problem with that.

Which proves my point.
It's not the multiple spouses that's the problem; it's the age and lack of consent.

theHiredMansWife said:
TXTibbs said:
theHiredMansWife said:
Why or why not?

In my opinion hell no..but in yours maybe...i dunno. I say hell no cause the girl has no say in the matter.......if she wanted to marry the man and fully loved him then maybe....people used to marry young all the time....but when they pull these girls straight off the tit basically and shove them into the lap of some man they dont' know and say here start having children....i tend to have a problem with that.

Which proves my point.
It's not the multiple spouses that's the problem; it's the age and lack of consent.

yep and the way they are all on welfare and tax exempt cause they claim church. I'm just talking about the ones on this compound here...i'm not sure how other similar ones do things.

No Thank -you Tibbs,might seem strange to you but after working six hours in a nursing home continueing this isn't my idea of relaxation.I've delt with enough **** today :wink:

I have to agree with Txtibbs about polygamy being a sick way to live and the groups that are still practicing. The US goverment made the mormons stop practicing polygamy before they could become a state. I don't remember the profit who was supposed to have had a revelation from god that they should no longer practice it. What I think happened was the church leaders prayed about it and then made a decision to stop doing it so Utah could become a state.

The fundamentalists that Tibbs is talking about didn't believe their was a revelation from god to stop either so they continued on with poygamy.

The mainstream morman religion no longer practices polygamy but it is still a part of their religion. They believe that if a man fulfills all his duties to the church and lives a good life he will enter the celestial kingdom in heaven and there he may have many wives. He and his many wives will spend enternity making spirit children to populate other worlds where he will be god.

Emma Smith never did fully accept Josephs revelations on polygamy. I've read some acounts about him where he was acused of of being unfaithful to his wife on many ocasions long before he came up with his revalation from god to justify it. Below is a link to the third chapter of Brihgam Youngs (sometimes refered to as Bringum Young)wife nineteen. It gives some insight what was going on at the time.

http://www.polygamyinfo.com/wife19_book_ch3.htm

I've read some acounts of people who deal with mental health issues today and their opinion was that Joseph had a sexual addiction. I think he caused a lot of suffering to the woman and children that were involved with him and other church members because of it.

I haven't watched television for several years so I don't know anything about the new tv show on polygamy but it sounds to me like it could get people to thinking it's not such a bad thing for the fundamentalists to practice it. The young girl Elizabeth Smart was kidnapped by a fundamentalist who had a revelation from god to take a second wife.

I've been around morman people and their communities quite a bit the last 12 to 15 years and I like them. They are good people but I think Joseph Smith led them astray.

Latest posts