• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

WHAT COSTS MORE PER YEAR THAN THE IRAQ WAR?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oldtimer said:
first had you read the whole argument it was for one person who wanted an option.. to his health care problem..

And thats the problem-- you folks don't seem to realize that this same health care/health care insurance problem is multiplied millions of times over in this country right today....

and your insult didn't win your debate.. the problem is the liberals don't have a plan.. never have had one.. if they had a plan why not submit it to congress?

Then you wouldn't have no one to blame and insult..

my plan was not to be a burden on the society.. and to take care of my family.. by the arguments I see on here my plan was better and had better long term foresight..

I know my plan worked for me.. and by the look of it the liberals' plans failed.. yet you feel I am wrong.. and only can insult me..

so the real problem is your trusting liberals who have failed to plan for their families to make a plan for the nation.. yep, thats going to work...

Oldtimer said:
Total spending was $2.3 TRILLION in 2007, or $7600 per person.
Canada spends about $2900 per person.. so our cost is already a burden on the economy.

And thats part of the plan of having a Universal health care insurance plan- so everyone can have access not only to emergency care- or care when they are deathly ill, which is grossly expensive- but also to regular diagnostic and preventive programs to keep from getting those serious illness's and having to pay those higher costs....

AMA supports a health care plan for just this reason and say it will actually lower the amount paid per year for health care and total health care costs...

thats not a plan.. it is taking a number and saying we are going to make it better.. how?

how can you look at a number and call it a plan.. ?

NoNothing
PS ..I wrote this too,along with what you quoted but you again just picked out what you thought you could dispute ...

You write alot that I ignore because most of it is a run on rambling sentence..

I do not understand how you can expect or take money from others for protection,education and drought checks....but you cant keep your fellow man healthy

I don't expect a drought check, and never had one.. I did get crop insurance check once.. but like any insurance I paid a premium and expected the insurance to take the risk.. as for the rest.. my child went to a private school and I paid for it.. I am sure the rest is covered by the taxes I pay..

...really you can say Canada's care is not great..I could care less because I know different.....

Thats nice.. but I'm not Canadian so arguing about Canada's system is irrelevant to me..

We dont have town dances or sell raffle tickets or donate money to friends to pay for thier medical bills.....we pay collectively as country....How many of you have giving away money through personal fund raisers or just a kind jesture....The last thing a sick person needs is have to take a handout from friends and strangers at a cumminty hall or a bank support account.....

I've been to a few benefits.. and people fall on hard times.. most could have planned ahead.. and not been in the situation..

now we have many who failed to plan relying on leaders who failed to plan while insulting those of US who did plan.. because we question their ability to come up with a plan that doesn't screw US..

We do not get free care here we have premuims to pay here too...the cost is just not breaking up familes of crippling peoples chance at a healthy life....

again I'm not Canadian . and again,... we have many who failed to plan relying on leaders who failed to plan while insulting those of US who did plan.. because we question their ability to come up with a plan that doesn't screw US..

I will never understand how some of you will cash a drought check but

If your car was totaled would you cash the insurance check,. even if the accident was your fault?

cry when someone looks for help with the difference from living or dying or keeping thier child home from the doc because it cost to much .....

I'm not crying.. because they are looking for help.. I feel for them.. but not one of the magic plans I have heard about in a speech actually solves anything....

if the liberals have a great plan why wait? because they don't have a plan they only have a great speech..

Steve said:
Oldtimer said:
Canada spends about $2900 per person.. so our cost is already a burden on the economy.

And thats part of the plan of having a Universal health care insurance plan- so everyone can have access not only to emergency care- or care when they are deathly ill, which is grossly expensive- but also to regular diagnostic and preventive programs to keep from getting those serious illness's and having to pay those higher costs....

AMA supports a health care plan for just this reason and say it will actually lower the amount paid per year for health care and total health care costs...

thats not a plan.. it is taking a number and saying we are going to make it better.. how?

part of the plan

Did I say "a" plan-- No I said "PART" of a plan...

You know "part"-----
part /pɑrt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pahrt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a portion or division of a whole that is separate or distinct; piece, fragment, fraction, or section; constituent: the rear part of the house; to glue the two parts together.
2. an essential or integral attribute or quality: a sense of humor is part of a healthy personality.
3. a section or division of a literary work.
4. a portion, member, or organ of an animal body.
5. any of a number of more or less equal quantities that compose a whole or into which a whole is divided: Use two parts sugar to one part cocoa.
6. an allotted portion; share.
7. Usually, parts. a. a region, quarter, or district: a journey to foreign parts.
b. a quality or attribute establishing the possessor as a person of importance or superior worth: Being both a diplomat and a successful businesswoman, she is widely regarded as a woman of parts.

8. either of the opposing sides in a contest, question, agreement, etc.
9. the dividing line formed in separating the hair of the head and combing it in different directions.
10. a constituent piece of a machine or tool either included at the time of manufacture or set in place as a replacement for the original piece.
11. Music. a. the written or printed matter extracted from the score that a single performer or section uses in the performance of concerted music: a horn part.
b. a section or division of a composition: the allegro part of the first movement.

12. participation, interest, or concern in something; role: The neighbors must have had some part in planning the surprise party.
13. a person's share in or contribution to some action; duty, function, or office: You must do your part if we're to finish by tonight.
14. a character or role acted in a play or sustained in real life.
–verb (used with object) 15. to divide (a thing) into parts; break; cleave; divide.
16. to comb (the hair) away from a dividing line.
17. to divide into shares; distribute in parts; apportion.
18. to put or keep apart; separate: They parted the calves from the herd.
19. Metallurgy. a. to separate (silver) from gold in refining.
b. to cut (one part) away from a piece, as an end from a billet.
c. to keep the surface of (a casting) separate from the sand of the mold.

20. Obsolete. to leave.
–verb (used without object) 21. to be or become divided into parts; break or cleave: The oil tanker parted amidships.
22. to go or come apart; separate, as two or more things.
23. to go apart from or leave one another, as persons: We'll part no more.
24. to be or become separated from something else (usually fol. by from).
25. Nautical. to break or become torn apart, as a cable.
26. to depart.
27. to die.
–adjective 28. partial; of a part: part owner.
–adverb 29. in part; partly: part black.
—Verb phrase30. part with, to give up (property, control, etc.); relinquish: to part with one's money.
—Idioms31. for one's part, as far as concerns one: For my part, you can do whatever you please.
32. for the most part, with respect to the greatest part; on the whole; generally; usually; mostly: They are good students, for the most part.
33. in good part, a. without offense; in a good-natured manner; amiably: She was able to take teasing in good part.
b. to a great extent; largely: His success is in good part ascribable to dogged determination.

34. in part, in some measure or degree; to some extent; partly; partially: The crop failure was due in part to unusual weather conditions.
35. on the part of, a. so far as pertains to or concerns one: He expressed appreciation on the part of himself and his colleagues.
b. as done or manifested by: attention on the part of the audience.
Also, on one's part.
36. part and parcel, an essential, necessary, or integral part: Her love for her child was part and parcel of her life.
37. part company, a. to bid farewell or go separate ways; leave one another.
b. to dissolve a personal affiliation, relationship, etc., esp. because of irreconcilable differences.
c. to disagree.

38. take part, to participate; share or partake: They refused to take part in any of the activities of the community.
39. take someone's part, to align oneself with; support; defend: His parents took his part, even though he was obviously in the wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: bef. 1000; (n.) ME (< OF < L), OE < L part- (s. of pars) piece, portion; (v.) ME parten < OF partir < L partīre, deriv. of pars]

—Synonyms 1. component, ingredient, division, sector. Part, piece, portion, segment, section, fraction, fragment refer to something that is less than the whole. Part is the general word: part of a house. A piece suggests a part which is itself a complete unit or it may mean an irregular fragment: a piece of pie; a piece of a broken vase. A portion is a part allotted or assigned to a person, purpose, etc.: a portion of food. A segment is often a part into which something separates naturally: a segment of an orange. Section suggests a relatively substantial, clearly separate part that fits closely with other parts to form a whole: a section of a fishing rod, a book. Fraction suggests a less substantial but still clearly delimited part, often separate from other parts: a fraction of his former income. Fragment suggests a broken, inconsequential, incomplete part, with irregular or imprecise outlines or boundaries: a fragment of broken pottery, of information. 6. apportionment, lot. 13. responsibility. 18. sever, sunder, dissociate, disconnect, disjoin, detach.
—Antonyms 1. whole. 15. join.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

Steve said:
Mrs.Greg wrote:
Do you guys that are fighting GP's,OTs and CRM's posts not think everyone should be able to access healthcare or just the ones that can afford it?

I think every one in the world should have free health care..

but I have never seen our liberals come up with a single plan that didn't stick it to the working class..

I am not sure how much our government spends already on the half a dozen plans we already have.. but I am sure if it was managed properly they could already fund a better plan then exists..

but the liberals don't have a plan.. they have a campaign speech.. and a bunch of complaints..

I have seen many hardship stories.. and might have even been one, had I not planned and sacrificed to maintain health insurance.. and even with it we struggled.. yet instead of debating honestly most take the time to insult,

I don't have a plan for the country.. but neither do they.. but I did plan for my family.. and do not feel that any one has yet come up with a credible plan for their family on here let alone the nation.. other then forcing me pay for it..

Here is a plan Steve....Take away money from the prison system...Have each family pay two percent of their yearly taxes in medicare premuims..Allow for another 2% Of yearly income as payment for pharmacare,then after that number is reach assitantance will kick in for everything....then take 1% of each persons yearly income and Spend that money on prevention of illness and promoting medicare user's responsiblities.Making medicare a yearly total of 5 %percent of a persons or families income.......Save money with only one entity rather than have doc's offices chasing down 100's of insurance companies...Allow for 2 visits free a month then Make all other docs visits require a small user fee....single and family fees.....5 to 10 dollars per visit..Prepare a national program on prevention through healthy living choices and institute a national education program based on healthy living to be taught from K to graduation....

Add another 30cents sales tax to cigaretts, a case of beer, bottle of wine,booze in general. and a 3% tax to junk food...all to go towards correcting problems they bring into the health of a nation..

CattleArmy
I can face facts Steve. The cost of health insurance in the states is to high and it keeps rising. The fact is somebody better step in and try and get the country out of the health care mess we are in. Insurance premiums are rising and the average American finds them more difficult to afford. So Steve what happens when all of us agriculture producers involved in the food production for this country can no longer afford the insurance that is mantatory for responsible producers to keep their assets safe (the very assets we rely on to operate our operations) have to go to get town jobs? Then what? You make it seem so simple.

I am not trying to make it simple..

as I said before many ignore insurance when they are young and healthy.. because it is the paying in years.. and only try to get coverage when it is the paying out years.. this causes a higher risk on the part of the insurer.. thus higher costs..

I have had and maintained coverage since I was 17.. I have provided for my family.. ..

just like any decision, the responsibility is on the person to make the right decisions.. and one of them is who to trust to get a fair health care plan in place.. I don't trust the liberals to plan for my family... so why should I trust them to provide for the nation.. do you?

every one criticized Bush.. yet he at least put a plan on the table.. and it was passed.. sure it's crappy and confusing.. and overpriced.. but all the critique, and not one attempt by the democrats to fix it in two years..

where is Hillary's plan... she has been in office now for what seven years? still no plan..

Where is Obama's great plan... he has had two years.. surly if it was that great of a plan he would have unveiled it by now..

Do you really trust them to get an affordable plan if elected?

again I'm not Canadian . and again,... we have many who failed to plan relying on leaders who failed to plan while insulting those of US who did plan.. because we question their ability to come up with a plan that doesn't screw US..

So Steve what was your plan....Maybe you can enlighten others on how awesome you are....I know it wont be hard for you to talk about yourself....Please though,do not make it a novel...We all know how you feel about yourself and most of it just gets boring....

NoNothing
Here is a plan Steve..

I think your missing the point..

the liberal leadership has teased their followers for decades with "Free" Health care..

it is a myth... but those who see a real and serious problem can't see that the liberals plan is a myth..

but instead of questioning their leaders they want to blame me and other conservatives for their not planning.

I see our health care as a real and serious problem but so far the only plan I have heard is for US to pay for them.. ignoring the fact that because we provided for our families we can't bear their burden..

so instead of actually trying to see how conservatives feel about a sensible plan the liberals demonize conservatives and insult US..

mainly because in their hearts they know they are being used by the liberal leadership..

nonothing said:

So Steve what was your plan....Maybe you can enlighten others on how awesome you are....I know it wont be hard for you to talk about yourself....Please though,do not make it a novel...We all know how you feel about yourself and most of it just gets boring....

as I said before I don't have a plan for the nation.. I only have a plan to take care of my family.. and it has worked well..

but I don't trust some one who can't take care of himself or his family to come up with a plan for the nation..

would you?

Oldtimer said:
Steve said:
Oldtimer said:

part of the plan

Did I say "a" plan-- No I said "PART" of a plan...

A scheme, program, or method worked out beforehand for the accomplishment of an objective, think out; prepare in advance

okey, your right,... you don't even have part of a plan.. :roll: :wink:

Steve said:
nonothing said:

as I said before I don't have a plan for the nation.. I only have a plan to take care of my family.. and it has worked well..

but I don't trust some one who can't take care of himself or his family to come up with a plan for the nation..

would you?

I honestly think you have to start somewhere....Even a person planning for their family can not predict the increases in insurance payments....Plus how much cover does one carry...visits to doctors still cost do they not? Did you pay out of your pocket all those years Steve or was it covered by your employer?

Kola, by your response I have no doubt that you either did not read or comprehend my post about health issue.
NN, I could care less if someone calls me names, I have faced that since I came on this board. Speaking of which you started which was before you were supposedly turning over a new leaf, which was before you have turned antagonistic. So you chose the ground rules.............then when someone plays by your rules you get mad.

I am sorry for calling some of you liberals..............as you are not............................you are plain socialists.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

passin thru said:
Kola, by your response I have no doubt that you either did not read or comprehend my post about health issue.
NN, I could care less if someone calls me names, I have faced that since I came on this board. Speaking of which you started which was before you were supposedly turning over a new leaf, which was before you have turned antagonistic. So you chose the ground rules.............then when someone plays by your rules you get mad.

I am sorry for calling some of you liberals..............as you are not............................you are plain socialists.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The good news is ,I dont give a rats ass what you think of me...I just get tired of you on your high horse judging others.yet you and your motley crew can do the same thing and not a word is said...your just an old AZZ whole,and really not worth the little effort I give now...

Steve said:
Mrs.Greg wrote:
Do you guys that are fighting GP's,OTs and CRM's posts not think everyone should be able to access healthcare or just the ones that can afford it?

but I have never seen our liberals come up with a single plan that didn't stick it to the working class..

I am not sure how much our government spends already on the half a dozen plans we already have.. but I am sure if it was managed properly they could already fund a better plan then exists..

but the liberals don't have a plan.. they have a campaign speech.. and a bunch of complaints..

I have seen many hardship stories.. and might have even been one, had I not planned and sacrificed to maintain health insurance.. and even with it we struggled.. yet instead of debating honestly most take the time to insult,

I don't have a plan for the country.. but neither do they.. but I did plan for my family.. and do not feel that any one has yet come up with a credible plan for their family on here let alone the nation.. other then forcing me pay for it..

I am the working class I have a job my spouse has a job we pay our health insurance and I know that the system is in trouble and needs change. I'm for looking into Canada's plan. What I understand of it and I will gladly let the Canadians on the board explain it better or correct me is it is taxed. I pay taxes on many things even when I go shopping just for fun so why in the world would taxing to ensure my family has the best health care possible upset me. Like I said earlier with the rising costs of health insurance premiums we'll be paying over 1,000 bucks a month by the time I'm forty. I know with both of us working we cannot afford that.

nonothing says as he runs off to his mommy said:
The good news is ,I dont give a rats ass what you think of me...I just get tired of you on your high horse judging others.yet you and your motley crew can do the same thing and not a word is said...your just an old AZZ whole,and really not worth the little effort I give now...

So you can dish it out but can't take.............I expected nothing more from you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

passin thru said:
nonothing says as he runs off to his mommy said:

So you can dish it out but can't take.............I expected nothing more from you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can take it,but that does not change the fact that your still an azz whole....

Steve I don't even know if there is a current candidate that I think should represent this country. I think all of them are very poor and won't bring anything real positive to the country.

I also have had coverage since I was even younger. Yet as I've said before even with this our health insurance premium is to dang high. Oh the dodge cummings I could drive if I just forgot health care. But I'm much to responsible for that. It's not that I don't want to be responsible or feel I should get a free ride it's the fact that the outlook for the future and affording health care is bleak. Something has to change. I am one that is very much for being responsible for ourselves. However, I don't know what we do as a nation or as individuals when health care that doesn't even cover everything costs us to the extend of being unaffordable.

CattleArmy said:
Steve said:
Mrs.Greg wrote:

I am the working class I have a job my spouse has a job we pay our health insurance and I know that the system is in trouble and needs change. I'm for looking into Canada's plan. What I understand of it and I will gladly let the Canadians on the board explain it better or correct me is it is taxed. I pay taxes on many things even when I go shopping just for fun so why in the world would taxing to ensure my family has the best health care possible upset me. Like I said earlier with the rising costs of health insurance premiums we'll be paying over 1,000 bucks a month by the time I'm forty. I know with both of us working we cannot afford that.

and how is blindly following the liberals going to get you an affordable healthcare plan?

I would change my opinion if I was convinced it was a good affordable plan.. but in all the decades the liberals have teased their followers with a "free" healthcare plan,.... not one liberal has stepped up and offered one..

so far the only thing I have seen on this board is insults... is that the great liberal plan.?

Steve said:
CattleArmy said:
Steve said:
Mrs.Greg wrote:

and how is blindly following the liberals going to get you an affordable healthcare plan?

I would change my opinion if I was convinced it was a good affordable plan.. but in all the decades the liberals have teased their followers with a "free" healthcare plan n.. no one has stepped up and offered one..

so far the only thing I have seen on this board is insults... is that the great liberal plan.?

How am I blindly following the liberals. I have yet to bash either set of candidates I did it to them all. I think they are all poor.

I don't think I've been insulting I've been more trying to point out the terrible mess our health care is in.

I know what we have isn't working. I'm ready for change. It's already costing me a ton a month.

What is the liberals plan going to cost and how are they going to pay for it? I'd like to know that because none of them have said yet. It may cost more than we're all paying now. How can you be in favor of a change when you have no idea whether it will be for the better or the worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts